Minimum room service charge. Is there one?

Ken the cruiser

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Does Celebrity add a basic service charge to deliver a meal to any cabin regardless of category if no individual menu items chosen have an upcharge?

Google is your friend:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/what-is-included-on-a-cruise

Complementary except between the houors of 11 PM and 6 AM. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Google is your friend:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/what-is-included-on-a-cruise

Complementary except between the houors of 11 PM and 6 AM. 

Thanks! I checked out the link and the examples I saw in the pictures were associated with a family in one of the biggest suites on the ship. Just making sure it’s free for everyone, rather than just for those in a premium suite.

Update: Found the wording. Thanks!

When you’re on vacation, a long morning slumber with an indulgent breakfast in bed is always in the cards. Or perhaps you like the idea of a romantic dinner for two on your private veranda? Room service is complimentary on a cruise with Celebrity between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. or for 24 hours a day for suite passengers.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

It's not well advertised but you can order dinner off the MDR by call room service during dinner hours.  They'll deliver it for free (I do tip them).  Also whether dinner or room service, after you order from your stateroom, if you leave the room they will still leave the tray there for you

• Thanks 2

The reason I was asking was because we’re getting ready to go on a 38-day NCL cruise from Athens to Cape Town and just found out NCL charges an $8 fee plus any up charges on selected items when they deliver a meal to a cabin.

Someone on my Live Thread mentioned many other cruise lines did the same. I just never remembered hearing Celebrity or Princess added a service charge, and just wanted to confirm that. 😁

35 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yikes, $8 for room service and  having to pay the tips on the free drinks and dining packages. 

My son was the one who told us about it, as he just got off a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the NCL Getaway.

But that’s OK. This NCL B2B itinerary from Athens through the Suez Canal and along the east coast of Africa down to Cape Town was just too awesome to pass up on, and this basic service charge really isn’t all that bad. But at the same time, IMHO, you should be told about it up front, at least it should be in plain sight on the menu. Trust me, that will be one thing I’ll be looking for once we’re settled in. 😁