self disembarkation and escalators

xray0111

We're going on the Odyssey of the Seas soon and this question came up when talking among friends. We've never used self disembarkation before.

We self disembarking do you take a escalator at any point?

What deck do you disembark from? 

How early do you leave your cabin?  We're on deck 10 this cruise.

Where do you normally wait?  

Thanks,

XRAY

1 minute ago, xray0111 said:

We self disembarking do you take a escalator at any point?

What deck do you disembark from? 

How early do you leave your cabin?  

Where do you normally wait?  

No escalator on the ship but there may be one in the terminal.

Same as embarkation.

There's an official time for self-assist but typically you can leave whenever you want (though they want you out of the cabin by about 9AM at the latest).

You can leave directly from your cabin or from anywhere else on the ship.

On 11/10/2022 at 9:10 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

To use the escalator in the terminal, you must have one hand free to hold the railing. Guests with more than one bag will have to take the terminal elevator instead. 

Up until that point, there is no difference.

On our last cruise people in front of us had 2 suitcases each + carry-on. One of them let go of a suitcase and it feel down the escalator hitting some other departing guests. They had to shut it down. Use common sense folks!

• Like 2

When we (self) disembarked Serenade in Tampa in October I was impressed with the terminal staff. Lined up at the top of the escalator were staff and insisted on taking your bag down for you even though we each only had one bag they said it was their job to help. Just WOW !!! Have never seen quite the display of helpfulness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

When we (self) disembarked Serenade in Tampa in October I was impressed with the terminal staff. Lined up at the top of the escalator were staff and insisted on taking your bag down for you even though we each only had one bag they said it was their job to help. Just WOW !!! Have never seen quite the display of helpfulness.

I came off the Serenade in Tampa, this morning.  There are no escalators onboard, but there are in the terminal building.  Staff were permitting use of the escalators when passengers had more than one bag.  There's an elevator in the terminal, next to the escalators ... and the elevator was being used by individuals not comfortable taking a suitcase down the escalator.  I'd purchased the "Key" and was permitted to leave with the self departing passengers ... but was directed to the elevator for a reason I don't understand.  No harm, no foul.