Getting 5* during grand cruise

Wayfairers

12 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

New room key? Not sure why you would need a new room key?

You will get the perks if you make it on days alone. If you need spending points, you won't get the perks on that cruise.

The new room key will show 5 stars instead of 4 stars.    When this happened to me, I got a letter congratulating me and asking to stop by the front desk to get a new key

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

The new room key will show 5 stars instead of 4 stars.    When this happened to me, I got a letter congratulating me and asking to stop by the front desk to get a new key

The same happened to me when I went from 3* to 4* on a grand voyage.  I am due to be 5* in two weeks.  I will post whether they contact me or if I have to contact them.

• Thanks 1

This threat begs me to ask a question.  I need 2 more sea days to become a 4*. I am currently booked on two cruises, B2B, but with 2 booking numbers for a total of 21 days.  After day 2 of the first cruise it sounds as if I am entitled to my 4* benefits and a new card showing that I am a 4* Mariner.  Have I gathered correctly from the previous posts or is this only something they do for passengers on the Grand Cruise? If yes, then I will wait to send out my 1st bag of laundry (traveling clothes) until then. TIA

1 hour ago, regnig said:

This threat begs me to ask a question.  I need 2 more sea days to become a 4*. I am currently booked on two cruises, B2B, but with 2 booking numbers for a total of 21 days.  After day 2 of the first cruise it sounds as if I am entitled to my 4* benefits and a new card showing that I am a 4* Mariner.  Have I gathered correctly from the previous posts or is this only something they do for passengers on the Grand Cruise? If yes, then I will wait to send out my 1st bag of laundry (traveling clothes) until then. TIA

Only on Grand Voyages. Hold your laundry for the second cruise!    LOL.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

The same happened to me when I went from 3* to 4* on a grand voyage.  I am due to be 5* in two weeks.  I will post whether they contact me or if I have to contact them.

I appreciate that.  We sailed together on South America in 2019.  I was the one that crocheted the penguin on that cruise. I’ve been enjoying your Africa blog.