Meraviglia Live Review November 13-17...4 Night Getaway in the Yacht Club

Georgia_Peaches

After lunch we returned to our room to unpack and watch the safety video.  Our room is compact. Storage is minimal but should be fine for 4 nights. My suggestion for anyone trying to maximize space in the closet would be to use your own hangers instead of the ones provided. The ship hangers are very bulky and take up a lot of space. You’d get more mileage from skinny wire hangers. There is not a coffee machine and we didn’t get a bucket of bubbly. Maybe because it’s a 4 - nighter, IDK but I’m going to ask when/if we meet our butler. Otherwise the room is very comfortable….and dark!  Best of all, the a/c works great!  DH has kept his key in the slot the whole time so maybe that helps?

The muster drill was no problem and although people seemed to be everywhere, it was an organized chaos that went pretty quickly. 

We spent a good bit of time in the top sail lounge meeting new people in the evening and by the time sail away occurred, it was already dark. I have to say drink service has been excellent. Servers have been attentive and quick. 

we went to the 7:30 show in the theater and then off to dinner. The show was fine and dinner was fabulous. I had filet and scallops. I must confess, I can’t for the life of me recall what DH had for dinner 😳

overall yesterday’s embarkation day was one of my favorites!  

EBEC4346-9971-4BF8-83D0-094BF6F6BDEB.jpeg

182866F6-878A-4CB6-83DB-536B432CA2C6.jpeg

9422CE8C-112C-4083-8C08-F311AF9E1859.jpeg

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

Made our way up to YC sun deck (19) around 8 am this morning and was greeted by Romeo, our pool deck hand and safety person. He promptly set up two loungers for us while Derik arranged for our cappuccino and OJ. We ate freshly prepared, made to order omelets and my favorite little chocolate covered doughnuts. I read the daily to DH and by the end have concluded that MSC are not skimping on entertainment options on this 4 night cruise. Tonight’s theme is “Flower Power” with an homage to the disco era. 

Side note:  I’ve been very happy with the wifi. I’m posting from my phone in open water and haven’t experienced a single delay in service…even uploading photos has been super fast. 

35735D50-B194-4A00-BE47-6868683204AC.jpeg

854C026B-D1C5-4250-8B6F-67BCBE13593B.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, cruzccl said:

Looking forward to your review.  We are

in YC during New Years.  We are troubled by the recent reviews.  However, I trust your perspective.   Have a great cruise. 

Let me lay to rest any troubled thoughts you may be having. YC personnel are bending over backwards to ensure we have a great experience. Outside YC has been great too. We plan to spend some time in the public spaces today so will have a better overall feel for the cruise experience as a whole. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Oh man…this review couldn’t be more timely.  I’m looking very seriously at one of the “Sea-ships” this coming Spring.  And, I enjoy your reviews.

Looking forward to the rest.

Like you, gg we have spent a lot of time on NCL both in and out of the Haven. Our 2 YC experiences on MSC have us doubting/wondering if we will do another NCL…especially with current pricing. Met several NCL folks yesterday who are MSC converts. Sea class ships are awesome!  

thanks for following along! 😊

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Like you, gg we have spent a lot of time on NCL both in and out of the Haven. Our 2 YC experiences on MSC have us doubting/wondering if we will do another NCL…especially with current pricing. Met several NCL folks yesterday who are MSC converts. Sea class ships are awesome!  

thanks for following along! 😊

No……THANK YOU!

Pricing for YC at one time was much less than NCL Haven.  Then, pricing was about on par with NCL for a long time.  Now, YC pricing is again quite attractive.

I’m looking at an inside YC cabin, too.  Any regrets not getting a balcony (which on the cruises I’m looking at are about $1,000 more)?

26 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’m looking at an inside YC cabin, too.  Any regrets not getting a balcony (which on the cruises I’m looking at are about $1,000 more)?

No regrets!  We really only used our balcony for morning coffee sits but that was easily accomplished on deck 19 this morning. I thought I might feel claustrophobic but I really don’t. DH says we get all the perks of any other YC guest but in our case we spent almost 1k less. On a 7 nighter it’s an even bigger savings. Now granted, everything is smaller…bathroom, closet, living space…but we are making it work.  

• Like 2

Love your review so far. We will be sailing on the Mera next June. Had a couple of questions:

Is there any complimentary soft serve ice cream available?

Did you notice any vegetarian Indian food in the buffet?

I'm happy to see a review of the YC on Meraviglia. My husband and I are doing the Canada & NE cruise next October and it's 11 nights, so I splurged on a duplex in YC. It's his first cruise, my third. I'm curious, though. I assume YC people can't do to the main dining room, correct? The only reason I ask is I've seen the recent menus and they look great. Though I'm sure YC dining room is great, too.

1 hour ago, CTGirl74 said:

I'm happy to see a review of the YC on Meraviglia. My husband and I are doing the Canada & NE cruise next October and it's 11 nights, so I splurged on a duplex in YC. It's his first cruise, my third. I'm curious, though. I assume YC people can't do to the main dining room, correct? The only reason I ask is I've seen the recent menus and they look great. Though I'm sure YC dining room is great, too.

You can arrange a dinner reservation for the MDR via your butler.  YC Menus have been very nice as well. I think you will be pleased. 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svmodi said:

Love your review so far. We will be sailing on the Mera next June. Had a couple of questions:

Is there any complimentary soft serve ice cream available?

Did you notice any vegetarian Indian food in the buffet?

Thank you!  Yes, complimentary soft serve is available at the main pool grill. It is not self serve and comes in a cup, no cones. But looked good!  We strolled through the buffet and noticed an ethnic station with Indian cuisine. Some options were vegetarian. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyking said:

Awesome stuff right here, any word on the next sailing on Thursday? 

How many they are expecting? 

Actually, yes!  Just spoke with assistant YC director who indicated a sold out YC on the next cruise and not counting any last minute bookings, around 2200 pax. 

• Like 2

So this afternoon DH and I decided to check out the sport complex and the simulators. We bought a package that allowed us 3 simulation experiences each. So far we’ve done an intense roller coaster sim and the race car!  I had the fastest single lap time but DH won the race. There are 2 cars side by side so you can race against someone or against yourself. Note to self and others:  don’t do the roller coaster simulator on a mojito stomach 🤮. Made me feel sick afterwards so I was forced to remedy myself with some fries from the main pool deck grill. Later we strolled around the inside decks before heading back up to the YC grill for a salad. Odd thing:  no salad dressing. Several of the crew behind the countered seem baffled by the request. I ended up using a little of the juice from the seafood salad. It was just ok.  Edit:  I should add that one crew member offered to round up some salad dressing for me but I declined as I was ready to eat and didn’t really want to wait. 

CEB77488-7112-487F-8E4E-C6BB9087D892.jpeg

11AE0220-7935-46BB-AECD-1BB58A9615F5.jpeg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Actually, yes!  Just spoke with assistant YC director who indicated a sold out YC on the next cruise and not counting any last minute bookings, around 2200 pax. 

So weird because online they still show a fair amount of YC available to book.