Are they still using VeriFLY in San Diego

liketraveling

I am boarding the zuiderdam on Thursday nov 17th.  Just got an email today to download VeriFLY.  It is a 14 day Panama and when I use the tool it states a vaccination is not required but encouraged.  Also testing not required to board.  I have all the digital documents ready anyway. Is I really that hard to set up?

10 hours ago, Andi Land said:

Just boarded in San Diego on the 5th and they did NOT have a separate line for VeriFLY.

Last week there wasn't a separate line but you checked in at a desk before going to security scan. I was able to bypass the desk and go straight to security, which may have just been a blip but it worked having Verifly. Who knows what they require as it's not consistent anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please correct me if I am wrong (LOL, I can count on that!):

Verifly is used to upload vaccine proof and Covid test results. It also has the "health questionnaire" which is also apart of the online check in. Nothing else, correct?

If my cruise does not require vaccine proof or Covid test results (yahoo!) and I complete the "health questionnaire" online....

.......what would be the purpose of Verifly and what would they be checking in a "verify" line?

(Thanks in advance for enlightening me)

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Please correct me if I am wrong (LOL, I can count on that!):

Verifly is used to upload vaccine proof and Covid test results. It also has the "health questionnaire" which is also apart of the online check in. Nothing else, correct?

If my cruise does not require vaccine proof or Covid test results (yahoo!) and I complete the "health questionnaire" online....

.......what would be the purpose of Verifly and what would they be checking in a "verify" line?

(Thanks in advance for enlightening me)

I think these are the reasons it’s not being used in San Diego. Would be curious to know if other ports are still using. 

1 hour ago, REOVA said:

Last week there wasn't a separate line but you checked in at a desk before going to security scan. I was able to bypass the desk and go straight to security, which may have just been a blip but it worked having Verifly. Who knows what they require as it's not consistent anymore. 

We asked and they said no separate line. But, take that with a grain of salt. They also had no idea what Club Orange priority check in was and had to go ask for help on what line to put us in. And this week they didn’t have a desk prior to security. The security line was the first one. I think there’s lots of confusion. 

Edited by Andi Land

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

It seems to depend on the port. In Port Everglades they have a desk you go to and they check if vaccinated (even if not required they track who is and isn't on the cruise last week), then they send you through security to xray bags, then you go to either 4*,5*,Club Orange line or regular line and they scan passport, take photo and check 1 question health questionnaire on a tablet. Then you wait to board and have your boarding pass scanned (bar code needed on pass) and go up the gangway to the ship. Keycards are left in an envelope at the cabin door. We did Verify, had printed copies of vaccines and boarding passes as well as copied on cell phone just in case to cover what they may ask for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, liketraveling said:

Just saw your post right after I did it.  Took me 10 minutes

thanks

Getting ready to board in San Diego on Saturday - not sure I understand this response?  Was there a Verifly line or not?  I just got an email from HAL that recommended Verifly app.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, san diego spartan said:

Getting ready to board in San Diego on Saturday - not sure I understand this response?  Was there a Verifly line or not?  I just got an email from HAL that recommended Verifly app.  Thanks.

There is NO verifly lane there.  I boarded Nov 12.  Hal clearly doesn't know how to update their notifications. I had it ready to go and it was wasted time.

Boarding is incredibly streamlined now....at least from Port Everglades...this was our experience on 11/19:

Walk up to first desk and are asked "Have you been vaccinated?"  Answered ""yes" and was told to continue.

Next went thru security scanner (airport like).  

Next the queue was divided between the "washed" and the "unwashed" (high star/special peeps vs regular steerage folks).  We walked thru the "unwashed" line and immediately came up the lady queuing us for the passport/iPad check.

Once done with that, we were handed a boarding group.

Once boarding time called, we boarded with our boarding pass on phone. 

There was never any stopping.....We walked thru the entire process (except of course, for the waiting room area where we sat waiting on our boarding group).

I do not know what purpose Verifly would serve except to slow things down.

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There is NO verifly lane there.  I boarded Nov 12.  Hal clearly doesn't know how to update their notifications. I had it ready to go and it was wasted time.

Thank you for confirming!  Always lots to do before vacation and one less thing is OK with me!

7 hours ago, san diego spartan said:

No there was not a VeriFLY line.

Does anybody have more recent experience in San Diego?  I sail in February and the sailing does have enhanced protocols, but I don't want to waste my time trying to set up VeriFly if there is definitely no longer a VeriFly lane in San Diego.  TIA.

15 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Does anybody have more recent experience in San Diego?  I sail in February and the sailing does have enhanced protocols, but I don't want to waste my time trying to set up VeriFly if there is definitely no longer a VeriFly lane in San Diego.  TIA.

I hear you...

We are sailing in January with enhanced protocols from San Diego to Hawaii.  Just downloaded Verifly today and our proof of vaccine.  It was very simple, but I'm sure it will not be needed.  We will do a self test a few days prior and upload that and/or/plus/maybe take a photo and hope that's all that's needed. 

• Like 1

Just off the 12/3 - 12/10 sailing. There was no "Special" line for Verifly. They did not need to check Covid tests or vaccination for this cruise.

I would think that unless they need to check Covid tests or vaccination status that Verifly is useless.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I hear you...

We are sailing in January with enhanced protocols from San Diego to Hawaii.  Just downloaded Verifly today and our proof of vaccine.  It was very simple, but I'm sure it will not be needed.  We will do a self test a few days prior and upload that and/or/plus/maybe take a photo and hope that's all that's needed. 

Could you please reply to this thread after you board?  I wonder if they'll have a VeriFly lane for enhanced protocol cruises.  TIA