The Cabana Beach?

PrincessArlena'sDad

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Anyone rent a cabana at the Cabana Beach? How much of a walk to Chankanaab? Ready to get taxis back to port? 

There have been a few previous reviews if you use the search engine for this forum. 

Walk from Cabana to Chankanaab? If you look at the property map of Chankanaab you will see Cabana Beach is within it.

There will be taxis to return - not sure if you exit via main exit or the back entrance.

We were at Cabana Beach in April. It was lovely and the snorkeling was really amazing. We were in Cabana 2, which was on the far end away from the Chankanaab "barrier" (a rope that crossed the pathway). You can get discounted tickets for Chankanaab when you reserve your cabana. The higher numbered Cabanas would be closer to the park. I would honestly just do one or the other next time. If you have younger kids, the park might be better on its own. If you just want to chill and snorkel, the cabanas are the place to be. We didn't spend much time in the park, but did walk through the Mayan replicas. It was just really, really hot and there was very little shade in either place so we went back to get in the cold water again. I know there are some shows in the park - we didn't see any of those. When we were ready to leave, Cabana Beach called a taxi for us.

Cabana Beach is great.  We had Cabana 11 which was close to the park.  If your plan is to go to the park, it’s worth it to pay a little extra for a cabana.  You get guacamole and fruit platter plus snorkeling gear included.  Drinks are pretty cheap also.  Just let them know what time you want to head back and they will have a taxi waiting for you.

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I just rented this for July.  Is the reef healthy out in front of the cabana?  Can you snorkel there or do you have to go to the park?  

It was beautiful! We saw so many little colorful fish of all shapes and sizes, just along the shoreline. The edge is rocky (although you have nice sand by the Cabana) so you have to walk in via somewhat slimy steps, might consider those flipper socks if you don't like that, and also to protect your feet a little. You're probably going to want to use your flippers since there is some current. Also the waves are a little strong getting in, so hold on to the rail! But once you are in, the snorkeling is wonderful!! 

8 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

It was beautiful! We saw so many little colorful fish of all shapes and sizes, just along the shoreline. The edge is rocky (although you have nice sand by the Cabana) so you have to walk in via somewhat slimy steps, might consider those flipper socks if you don't like that, and also to protect your feet a little. You're probably going to want to use your flippers since there is some current. Also the waves are a little strong getting in, so hold on to the rail! But once you are in, the snorkeling is wonderful!! 

Thank you.  We were at Chankanaab in March of 2021 when hardly anyone was there due to covid.  We were on the main beach and were a little disappointed in the snorkelling but am comparing it to 20 years ago.  I think I remember seeing the cabanas but I know we didn't snorkel near them.  We have every gimmick imaginable for snorkeling including the socks with pads 😁

• Like 1