New to Celebrity

Somerdale

My husband and I have been on numerous cruises - Disney, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean (our favorite so far).  We recently booked a cruise on Summit for June 2023 because the itinerary was what we were looking for and we wanted to try out a Celebrity cruise.

What should we expect?  My husband read somewhere no flip flops or shorts.  What is the typical dress code on this line?  Any other major differences?

55 minutes ago, Somerdale said:

My husband and I have been on numerous cruises - Disney, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean (our favorite so far).  We recently booked a cruise on Summit for June 2023 because the itinerary was what we were looking for and we wanted to try out a Celebrity cruise.

What should we expect?  My husband read somewhere no flip flops or shorts.  What is the typical dress code on this line?  Any other major differences?

Very similar to Royal. Basically, same dress code. Except no formal nights, they have "chic" nights instead.

Shorts and flip-flops are common sights. Just not in the MDR for dinner. Yes, pretty much like RCI, where we are Pinnacle. Haven't sailed them since our fist Celebrity cruise...we liked it so much more. Chic night is basically dress up if you wish or don't. Most folks dress nice casual for dinner everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Somerdale said:

I’d hate to jump into the pool wearing my tux and patent leather shoes.  Flip flops, shorts, swim suits are fine in the pool areas.  Not in the dining rooms.

2 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I’d hate to jump into the pool wearing my tux and patent leather shoes.  Flip flops, shorts, swim suits are fine in the pool areas.  Not in the dining rooms.

Actually while swim suits would be totally tacky in any dining area except around the pool; nice shorts are ok for breakfast.  And my wife and I only wear sandals. Not exactly flip flops as for the MDR it is Birkenstocks with matching socks.  Dinner today is pretty casual.  No ripped heads or t-shirts with profanity etc 

You can do a search and find thousands of replies to your question.