The Black Friday Sale You’ve Been Buzzing About

EvanBedar

NCL has revealed it’s Black Friday sale structure.   I saw a thread asking if anyone  knew anything.  So here’s an article that explains it.   If this has already been detailed, my apologies; I looked for it and didn’t see anything specific.  

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/?view=article&id=28733:norwegian-cruise-line-reveals-greatest-ever-black-friday-deal&catid=117

Edited by EvanBedar
  • Thanks 1

Just rebooked an Oct 2024 Med cruise with the sale and new military discount and saving $800.  Our airfare dropped too as part of that $800.

We have never been on NCL.  Will there be any kind of Black Friday sale on shore excursions or package upgrades? Thanks

Edited by masspector

The cruise I've been looking at now has the 2nd person cruises for free option but it's the same price it has been the past few weeks I've been watching prices. They basically doubled the price person then put a slash through it and show the price person to what is has been all along. 

We've been considering a Bermuda cruise but not sure if we can plan another cruise in addition to what we have already booked for August. The price for an inside cabin has been $899 per person, with the black Friday sale the cost is $2,178 per person but with the 2nd person sales for free it is marked down to $1,089 per person.     I would of hopped on this cruise in a minute if it truly was a sale.

Bear in mind this is the BLACK FRIDAY SALE.  That isn't until the day after Thanksgiving.  So if you're basing your disappointment on a test shopping cart from the current pricing, you might want to have another look a week from Friday.

Cheers~

Edited by EvanBedar

25 minutes ago, EvanBedar said:

Bear in mind this is the BLACK FRIDAY SALE.  That isn't until the day after Thanksgiving.  So if you're basing your disappointment on a test shopping cart from the current pricing, you might want to have another look a week from Friday.

Cheers~

Well actually they already started the sale and it is valid till 5th December. So nothing new coming for black friday.

1 hour ago, baflagg said:

The cruise I've been looking at now has the 2nd person cruises for free option but it's the same price it has been the past few weeks I've been watching prices. They basically doubled the price person then put a slash through it and show the price person to what is has been all along. 

Here's the catch - the previous "sale" was 50% off.  That was replaced with second guest free.  Same deal, different name if you're only booking 2 people.

I booked our first NCL cruise in the last few hours of the 40% off sale. Of course, hours later it dropped several hundreds of dollars. :classic_blink:

I would have cancelled and rebooked, but since you only get ONE price adjustment, I wanted to wait for the Black Friday sale. (ALSO, I was told I booked the last room in that category, so cancelling the first reseevation and trying to rebook wasn't the best idea.)  Now, it's only $200 different. Is the Cyber Monday sales better than the Black Friday sale?  I would like a price adjustment but I would like the greatest savings, ofc.

If the cruise price drops after final payment, I can use my one time price adjustment to get OBC instead? 

3 minutes ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

I would have cancelled and rebooked, but since you only get ONE price adjustment

You can re-price all you want, BEFORE final payment.  The one adjustment limit is AFTER final payment.  Just be aware that if any of the perks change between when you booked and when you re-price you will then get the new perks and give up what you had at the time you booked initially.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hallux said:

Here's the catch - the previous "sale" was 50% off.  That was replaced with second guest free.  Same deal, different name if you're only booking 2 people.

It's actually pretty funny if you are booking solo.  They still show that you're getting the 2nd guest free, and slash the price in half, even for a solo cabin.  Just more proof that it's all monopoly money

We booked a January cruise a little bit back.  I called NCL about a credit when the 50% sale started.  The rep, said she could give us a one time only credit now for the tiny bit of savings. But then we wouldn't be eligible if hint hint cough cough the prices went a lot lower a couple of weeks before sailing.  My admittedly inexperienced impression is that we will do better to wait and maybe get a bigger credit or cabin upgrade in January.

12 minutes ago, MyAuntFanny said:

We booked a January cruise a little bit back.  I called NCL about a credit when the 50% sale started.  The rep, said she could give us a one time only credit now for the tiny bit of savings. But then we wouldn't be eligible if hint hint cough cough the prices went a lot lower a couple of weeks before sailing.  My admittedly inexperienced impression is that we will do better to wait and maybe get a bigger credit or cabin upgrade in January.

if you are after final payment then it is correct they may and may not give you the price reduction

The price for my March cruise went down $100 per person when there was a 50% "sale," so we contacted our PCC who was able decrease the price of the cruise for us. Now that the second passenger cruises free (wouldn't that be a 50% off sale?), the price for the same category on our cruise has gone up $400 per person. So glad we booked, re-fared when we did...before the Black Friday "sale!"

Have a cruise booked for June 2023 for 3 that we booked late last year before our cruise next certificates expired. Booked a fake cruise yesterday and noticed it's $1900 less today. Called our PCC today and she confirmed it all. Biggest savings she said was the third person for $99 sale. Either way we're saving a lot. Doesn't hurt to check if you have something booked already. 

• Like 1

It’s only a “sale” if you save money off whatever your baseline is for a given cruise in a given category.

I disregard the marketing word salad of the day/week on NCL and just check the prices.
The bottom line cost for a future given sailing and room can and will go up, down or stay the same regardless of the terms of the current “sale” changing, or not.  I’ve seen 15%+ cost swings even under the same “sale”.

If you’re interested in a specific sailing and category, check it regularly. You’ll periodically find that the cost decreased, increased or didn’t change vs your baseline, no matter what the current “sale” is.

• Like 7

On 11/14/2022 at 7:40 AM, hallux said:

You can re-price all you want, BEFORE final payment.  The one adjustment limit is AFTER final payment.  Just be aware that if any of the perks change between when you booked and when you re-price you will then get the new perks and give up what you had at the time you booked initially.

Thank you!  I guess the agent was not well informed.  Unless Southwest has an amazing sale, the only perk I don't want to lose is the BOGO airfare.  There's no way right now I can match that discounted fare since I must fly across the US. 

So since final payment is not until Feb, I can call for an adjustment every time the room drops? 

6 minutes ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

So since final payment is not until Feb, I can call for an adjustment every time the room drops? 

Yes.   I have called for eight price reductions for our March sailing that we booked in April of this year.   Total saved:. $3,356.30

• Like 1

"The Black Friday Sale You’ve Been Buzzing About"

I've heard mostly whining, complaining and b$tching.  Are we calling that "buzzing" now? 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:06 AM, EvanBedar said:

Bear in mind this is the BLACK FRIDAY SALE.  That isn't until the day after Thanksgiving.

Not according to your linked article:

"Norwegian Cruise Line revealed its special, one month-long Black Friday Special"

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

"The Black Friday Sale You’ve Been Buzzing About"

I've heard mostly whining, complaining and b$tching.  Are we calling that "buzzing" now? 

Not according to your linked article:

"Norwegian Cruise Line revealed its special, one month-long Black Friday Special"

Well.   Those are the first time I’ve heard those words used in connection with the black Friday sale. Mostly all I’ve seen has just been glee or disappointment.

anyone who is expecting prices to change because of an ncl sale is either inexperienced or naive. 

the only time prices rise and fall is with demand. thats it. everything else is always the same (with the oddball extra point or similar thrown in from time to time).

if your cruise has low demand, the price will fall. NCL should dump the pretense already and call it a day