Harvest Caye Restaurant Menus

cruisebeachgirl703

21 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Unless things have changed, Harvest Caye prices on food and drink were outrageous.  If the ship docks instead of tendering, better off going back to the ship for food.  

Of course, it's always best to return to the ship, from shore, for meals, (except if you are on an excursion over lunch/dinner), since your cruise fare INCLUDES Meals!

2 hours ago, roger001 said:

Unless things have changed, Harvest Caye prices on food and drink were outrageous.  If the ship docks instead of tendering, better off going back to the ship for food.  

The ship always docks at Harvest Caye. No tenders. There are shuttle golf carts to/from ship to Harvest Caye and back. 

Go back to ship for lunch..then go back to beach.

I've seen pictures of the Land Shark one in reviews on here, but can't find it now. They are also on the sister site to this one that starts with "trip".... if you look under Landshark Bar and Grill Harvest Caye Belize.

8 hours ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Of course, it's always best to return to the ship, from shore, for meals, (except if you are on an excursion over lunch/dinner), since your cruise fare INCLUDES Meals!

If we are enjoying a beach day, we would never waste time to go back to the ship for included meals. Or run back to the ship everytime we want a drink. Our time on shore is more valuable than trying to save a buck.  Same with any other port. We will enjoy a lunch on shore (in this case on the beach). 

5 hours ago, roger001 said:

The last two times we've tendered.  Has the dock been fully repaired?

7 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

The ship always docks at Harvest Caye. No tenders. There are shuttle golf carts to/from ship to Harvest Caye and back. 

Go back to ship for lunch..then go back to beach.

Yeah. We docked there in August. 

The Harvest Caye dock is all fixed since the Escape hit the dock in 2020 pre-pandemic, forcing all subsequent cruises to tender. The Escape also ran aground in the Dominican Republic this year. And hit the dock in Rome in 2021 during the pandemic. Not a very lucky ship. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If we are enjoying a beach day, we would never waste time to go back to the ship for included meals. Or run back to the ship everytime we want a drink. Our time on shore is more valuable than trying to save a buck.  Same with any other port. We will enjoy a lunch on shore (in this case on the beach). 

I feel the same way, I suppose prices are similar to any other place where you are a captive market.  

We have eaten at land shark several times and had margaritas. They weren’t any more expensive than going out to a nice Restaurant at home. We really enjoy going there we sit on the top floor and it overlooks the ocean while we drink our margaritas And eat our nachos etc.

We're currently debating going back on ship vs. purchasing something on land. Now that we've invited some friends to go on the cruise with us (one who walks really slowly), we definitely need to figure it out. I'm just afraid that the food at Harvest Caye is "Americanized." If it is, then why bother buying something than wandering back to the ship for a quick meal. I don't really want to, but eh, at least we can get an extra boat ride out of it right. 

It's really hard for me to justify going to a land-based restaurant, when all the food is included onboard. I'm just a cheap you know what. 🙂 

We have been to Harvest Caye twice and had food at our cabana delivered from the Landshark. For one diet coke two cocktails and two hamburgers with fries (plus tip) it came out to about $75. This was before the pandemic so it might have gone up.