Cell Phone Waterproof Case Recommendation

cheeseheads4ever

For the last few months, I have been using and really like a DJI OM 5 which is a combination selfie-stick and gimbal. 

As for an underwater housing, I just purchased a SeaLife SportDiver. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet though. It is quite pricey but I just wasn’t comfortable with the mixed reviews I saw on the cheaper waterproof cases and I plan to take this to the Galapagos next year so wanted something really reliable. 

I've used this for years

61TyldWJEWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

it's stupid NOT EXPENSIVE - $12 for a pak of FOUR ......

good as a safety case for sure but I also shot u/w video for a solid 30 minutes using one!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZQGW9T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Capt_BJ

Just say no to a selfie stick unless you are going to use it underwater.  depending on where you are going, some places have a ban on selfie sticks. 

Look at a Pocket Tripod Pro - I have one and love it.  Pair it with a remote app for your smartphone and you can take pix of yourself with more than an arm's length.  

I was going to say Otterbox for you iPhone, but you may have to hunt to find one for an 11.

Whatever the OP buys, they should test it out at home first.  Fill a sink with water, then put some folded up newspaper in the case, seal it, and submerge it in the water.

If the newspaper gets wet, try to figure out why and correct if possible.  If dry, now the OP knows it works properly.

Better to test at home with paper than experiment with a real phone in an ocean somewhere.

Edited by evandbob