On Wonder of the Seas, It’s so crowded :(

RC Dancers

2 hours ago, island lady said:

This is the very first time Wonder is sailing out of PC for her eastern/western run replacing Harmony.  Everyone wanted to be on the first sailing from this port on the brand new ship.  Totally expected to be packed...and it was.  

Coming off the ship out of the terminal on Sunday, which was badly delayed due to old style customs check out with presentation to agents...it was just after 9 am when we got out of there.  Felt like a salmon swimming upstream, there were so many pax (mostly families) who were crowding the area outside the terminal to board already.  Sheeez....way too early people.  

ISLAND, Have they added a broadway show to the ship yet.  We sail 1/7 and just getting our ducks in a row.  Dan

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Probably (?) before their scheduled check in time.  And they'll be the ones whining about having to stand outside in the sun/heat waiting to get in the terminal. 😏

Yeah, pretty bad....long snaking lines outside the terminal to check in.  Ship still had approx.  2K pax left on it when we were finally able to clear after 9 am.  

Even with earliest check in at 10:30 those pax were in line already...it was a mad house out there.  

Yeah....arrive early before your schedule check in time...go right ahead and do it.  😄 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

ISLAND, Have they added a broadway show to the ship yet.  We sail 1/7 and just getting our ducks in a row.  Dan

No, and I don’t think they plan to.

The strategy now seems to be to develop new in-house production shows rather than pay $$$$ to license Broadway shows so on Wonder it’s The Effectors 2 and Voices, plus the Ice and Aqua shows.

4 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Nope...and don't think they will.  Ships like Odyssey no longer have them either.  But shows like The Book are always sold out...and IMHO...quite good!  

Think of the cost of those Broadway shows.   Much cheaper to use their own crew.  

DO go see InTense...the Aqua Theater show (much like Fine Line but better),  and Voices.  Both very good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

No, and I don’t think they plan to.

The strategy now seems to be to develop new in-house production shows rather than pay $$$$ to license Broadway shows so on Wonder it’s The Effectors 2 and Voices, plus the Ice and Aqua shows.

Effectors 2 is bad... something like Power Rangers the Musical.  But still marginally better than Cats 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Effectors 2 is bad... something like Power Rangers the Musical.  But still marginally better than Cats 😁

I loved it and saw it twice. Just goes to show, there is something for everyone. But I love high tech stuff. 

26 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I loved it and saw it twice. Just goes to show, there is something for everyone. But I love high tech stuff. 

You are so right. I saw effectors on Odyssey and also enjoyed the high tech stuff but I was seriously underwhelmed by The Book despite seeing a lot of people praise it highly. 

On 11/14/2022 at 11:37 PM, RC Dancers said:

Well, we have been on all of the Oasis class ships and previously I had marveled that the only time the ships felt crowded was trying to get an elevator after the shows finished.

Thank you for letting me know that this is normal for inaugural season cruises from the states. I will avoid in the future. We had done inaugural season cruises in the Mediterranean and they did not seem to be this crowded.

hope all the kinks are worked out when we sail in December.

Talked to someone who was just on the Wonder. They said it was ok but somewhat mismanaged. Things like 70s night was on a formal night and the tropical night was the last night (difficult to pack before the deadline). Also said the food selection in the Windjammer was pretty limited.