Apex Southampton 2024 cruise pricing

Moby Jones

Well Celebrity announced cruise prices for Apex sailings from Southampton today. Does anyone else expect pretty big drops between now and sail date? 

At around £250 per person per night in an inside cabin and £550 for a sky suite, I don't think they will be filling the ship quickly at current prices. 

Other cruise lines are available... 🙂  

I did look but have been burnt before! As in the UK we can't keep repricing you have to be careful and make sure it is a good deal. I am going to OZ in February and my nine night cruise on Celebrity in Aqua was such good value. I looked at the comparison for 2024 and it has more than doubled. I am guessing the days of cheap cruising might be over unless you are very flexible and can go at the drop of a hat!

5 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

The one I was looking at was £610 pppn for a bog standard IV balcony.

Luxury cruise line pricing by a mainstream cruise line.

Celebrity just doesn’t deliver the product any more to justify those prices IMO.

This reads like a post I read on a well known social media site covering Celebrity cruises. It's almost word for word. I assume you read it previously! 🙂 

5 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

The one I was looking at was £610 pppn for a bog standard IV balcony.

Luxury cruise line pricing by a mainstream cruise line.

Celebrity just doesn’t deliver the product any more to justify those prices IMO.

Genuine question as I have never looked at cruises from Southampton so have no clue on prices, how much would you expect pay pppn for the cruise and cabin in question?

We just booked an Apex  Norway & Arctic cruise for July '24.   The dates were released on the

15th (today) .  I got online around midnight and by then a majority of the sunset verandas were already booked.  We snagged one on deck 8.   If you don't care about the location of your room, I guess you can wait but I'm glad we got the stateroom category we wanted.

As an aside, we did the same thing for the April '23 Beyond TA.  As soon as we could book it we snagged an S1 Sky Suite.  I thought it was expensive at $12,000 but now I just saw a Magic Carpet Sky Suite (an S2 or S3) and it's going for $19,000.  So,  early booking has paid off for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Panzano said:

We just booked an Apex  Norway & Arctic cruise for July '24.   The dates were released on the

15th (today) .  I got online around midnight and by then a majority of the sunset verandas were already booked.  We snagged one on deck 8.   If you don't care about the location of your room, I guess you can wait but I'm glad we got the stateroom category we wanted.

As an aside, we did the same thing for the April '23 Beyond TA.  As soon as we could book it we snagged an S1 Sky Suite.  I thought it was expensive at $12,000 but now I just saw a Magic Carpet Sky Suite (an S2 or S3) and it's going for $19,000.  So,  early booking has paid off for us.

We got an S1 sky suite on Beyond in January 2024, 11 nights for under £3000 ($3510) per person. That included a total of $1525 OBC after transferring the booking to a TA. Just to put new pricing into perspective. 

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Genuine question as I have never looked at cruises from Southampton so have no clue on prices, how much would you expect pay pppn for the cruise and cabin in question?

Hi

I came back from a cruise on P&O a few weeks ago,14 nights Southampton to the Med.

We paid £145 pppn in a balcony with a DP.

The cheapest cruises from Southampton tend to be Norway Fjords,,,,you can get plenty under £1500/£2000 for 2 for 7 nights,,,,Celebrity are pricing them (I’ve just done a dummy booking) at £4390.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

This reads like a post I read on a well known social media site covering Celebrity cruises. It's almost word for word. I assume you read it previously! 🙂 

Yes,the 2nd para was from a Social media post which I totally agreed with.

As did many of the posters on that platform.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

8 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I came back from a cruise on P&O a few weeks ago,14 nights Southampton to the Med.

We paid £145 pppn in a balcony with a DP.

The cheapest cruises from Southampton tend to be Norway Fjords,,,,you can get plenty under £1500/£2000 for 2 for 7 nights,,,,Celebrity are pricing them (I’ve just done a dummy booking) at £4390.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.😉

2022 cruises are going for a song. Shouldn’t be used as a comparison for two years from now.  What was the prices pre Covid for a new ship? 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

2022 cruises are going for a song. Shouldn’t be used as a comparison for two years from now.  What was the prices pre Covid for a new ship? 

Hi

It won’t be a new ship in two years.!!

Celebrity cruises from Southampton in 2022 weren’t going for a song,,,I went on one.

I am pricing up a few cruise lines for 2024 i they come out far far better priced than Celebrity from Southampton.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

Shortly after the Beyond sailings were released we booked a S2 on the recent TA for $13K.  At the time lots of chatter about prices being ridiculously high, no one will pay that for a mainstream line, etc.    About 4 months later saw prices had dropped just over 3K, so we repriced the sailing.  After final payment the Sky Suites were selling for about 16K.  

I book early, watch for price drops and if final payment comes and the price is more than we feel it is worth we will cancel.  So far booking early has worked out for us.

5 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

They’re giving them away in North America. 

I’ve noticed…..why?

I see on this forum ships still sailing at ~65%/70% capacity from US.

Most Silhouette sailings this summer from UK have been as good as full.

That will change when Beyond comes over at the prices I’m seeing.

An Ionic Suite @ £76000 for a 13 day cruise?

You can buy a house in some towns for that in the UK.😉

We had a Norway cruise on the Silhouette for approx £1500 in 2020! However I have seen them much less in 2022 with the AI (when I was looking last Autumn/Fall). The Apex 2024 comparable £2100.

In 2020 I had a 10 night suite cruise ex- Southampton for £2100 but was cancelled with the Pandemic. Had a 8 night Sunset Suite for £2500 when things opened up in 2021 ex Southampton. 

Am off to Miami this week for a 10 night Oceania cruise in a Concierge balcony for £2500. Apparently a superior line but ask me in a fortnight…….

Possibly Celebrity are charging too much. They do have a lot of debt to pay down.  Will keep monitoring. I have two X Far East cruises in 23 & 24 with great pricing.  

I always compare prices when I book and sometimes book on the US site. Sterling’s dire state has not helped. 

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Shortly after the Beyond sailings were released we booked a S2 on the recent TA for $13K.  At the time lots of chatter about prices being ridiculously high, no one will pay that for a mainstream line, etc.    About 4 months later saw prices had dropped just over 3K, so we repriced the sailing.  After final payment the Sky Suites were selling for about 16K.  

I book early, watch for price drops and if final payment comes and the price is more than we feel it is worth we will cancel.  So far booking early has worked out for us.

Hi jelayne.

Trouble is here in the UK we can’t just reprice,,,,and we don’t have refundable deposits.

I hear of US cruisers booking 6/7 cruises then picking just one and getting deposit refunds on the others.

For us in the UK and presumable the US that just pushes the price up.

• Like 1

Cruises are priced by supply and demand.  Really simple.

Think the prices are too high you have 3 choices.

#1 Go ahead and book as you can cancell with little penalty for about 1 year.

#2  Book with another cruiseline if you like their price better

#3. Don't book at all.  If enough do this the prices will drop.

We have friends in the UK that use our address and TA and do indeed book with refundable deposits and multiple cruises.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi jelayne.

Trouble is here in the UK we can’t just reprice,,,,and we don’t have refundable deposits.

I hear of US cruisers booking 6/7 cruises then picking just one and getting deposit refunds on the others.

For us in the UK and presumable the US that just pushes the price up.

Yes we can reprice with or without a refundable deposit.  We only book cruises we intend to take and aside from the pandemic, we have only cancelled 2 booking with over 50 cruises taken.   We book with a non-refundable deposit so if we should cancel we lose $200.  But the difference in price for refundable vs non-refundable makes it worthwhile.

• Like 1

Booked B2B2B - Porthole Veranda Refundable deposit and NO Perks:

12 NIGHT Best of Scandinavia                     $328.54 PPPN

11 NIGHT Iceland & Ireland                           $348.27 PPPN

12 NIGHT Norwegian Fjord & Arctic Circle $337.88 PPPN

7 NIGHT Norwegian Fjords                           $353.50 PPPN

The mos expensive cruises I have booked

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Cruises are priced by supply and demand.  Really simple.

Think the prices are too high you have 3 choices.

#1 Go ahead and book as you can cancell with little penalty for about 1 year.

#2  Book with another cruiseline if you like their price better

#3. Don't book at all.  If enough do this the prices will drop.

We have friends in the UK that use our address and TA and do indeed book with refundable deposits and multiple cruises.

Hi

What demand is there if they are the opening prices?

#1…Not in the UK.

#2…Thats a good idea.

#3..Thats a better idea.but if I do this and the prices drop,,,,too late I’ve booked under #2.

• Like 1

I wonder if all the FCC has moved thru the system yet.  They probably need to get the remaining FCC thru this year and then things should settle down.  I would think that will all the capacity coming online there will be some competitive pricing in a year or so.