Which credit card will they use when booking tours before the cruise?

oskidunker

From my experience last summer, the onboard registered CC was not automatically applied to shore excursions before sailing. I had to manually enter CC details to book excursions. However, my bank account info that was saved could easily be used with a few clicks, saving 3.3%. Some folks like the rewards or points earned on credit cards instead of the Echeck discount. I used the faster E check account for booking my most desired excursions, then switched to CC for others to get points. ( I suppose you’ve seen the tip to pay for your favorite excursions immediately rather than loading up your cart..  payment and check out guarantees the excursion, placing it in the cart is just a hold, like online shopping.) 

54 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

My wife uses a separate card. Both are registered on the my voyage site. If a tour is booked for her but not me, will it bill her card or do you need to enter new card before checking out?

thanks

The credit card info registered on MVJ is for onboard use. You can register ACH (bank exchange) info for pre cruise excursions. When paying by credit card you will be asked for the information upon checkout.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

My wife uses a separate card. Both are registered on the my voyage site. If a tour is booked for her but not me, will it bill her card or do you need to enter new card before checking out?

thanks

As stated, you will need to enter whatever form of payment you want at check out. MVJ doesn’t automatically enter payment when purchasing excursions in advance.