Dutch Cafe

LizzGo

In September the Snacks from 4:30 pm to 8 pm were never available. Fries were not the excellent steak fries but regular ones (quite good and very hot, but not as good as the others!). The pea soup was somewhat different, possibly made with more yellow peas than green ones, the traditional recipe.  Never saw hot chocolate but do know that on some ships the Explorations Cafe makes it with packaged hot chocolate powder and it is very average.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, albingirl said:

Great addition to the ships. I never eat the pastries but their grilled cheese sandwich is to die for. Not to mention the quiche. Seriously great staff. Nothing better.

Thanks for the tip on the grilled cheese sandwich..one of my favorites!! 

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Thanks, I was hoping they would have the good hot chocolate in the Dutch.  I have had the packets in the Explorers.  Celebrity ships have a wonderful HC in their Cafe' al Bacio.

I had pretty good hot chocolate at the Dutch Cafe last summer on the N. Statendam. But I always had a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream to enhance the taste! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am interested in the Grand Dutch. I see that they charge for drip coffee and tea. Is this drip coffee / tea in any way better than other parts of the ship where it'd free? I just want to know if I should bring a cup of coffee over from the Lido for my french fries 😆

On 11/18/2022 at 1:48 PM, SilvertoGold said:

In September the Snacks from 4:30 pm to 8 pm were never available. Fries were not the excellent steak fries but regular ones (quite good and very hot, but not as good as the others!). The pea soup was somewhat different, possibly made with more yellow peas than green ones, the traditional recipe.  Never saw hot chocolate but do know that on some ships the Explorations Cafe makes it with packaged hot chocolate powder and it is very average.

In our November sailing on the Koningsdam the Grand Dutch Cafe was too busy.  The people taking orders were pleasant and definitely overworked IMO.  The Grand Dutch Cafe kitchen preparation was inconsistent on everything we ordered, even the fries.  The Beenham ham sandwich was prepared differently each of the three times I ordered it.  Another warm pancake type item should have had whipped cream, it arrived cold without whipped cream.  Training was definitely needed for the kitchen staff in the Grand Dutch Cafe!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

In our November sailing on the Koningsdam the Grand Dutch Cafe was too busy.  The people taking orders were pleasant and definitely overworked IMO.  The Grand Dutch Cafe kitchen preparation was inconsistent on everything we ordered, even the fries.  The Beenham ham sandwich was prepared differently each of the three times I ordered it.  Another warm pancake type item should have had whipped cream, it arrived cold without whipped cream.  Training was definitely needed for the kitchen staff in the Grand Dutch Cafe!

Oh no... We're boarding the K in 7 days and I we were so looking forward to the Grand Dutch.