Runway reopens at Pearson

Ex-Airbalancer

Can't see it making much of a difference, 6R/24L and 5/23 are able to more than handle the traffic at YYZ.  Except in poor weather, field operations are seldom the cause of YYZ delays.  Deicing, ground ops, etc sure, but not like there's a lack of runways.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, broberts said:

Why does deicing cause so many delays at YYZ? It's not as if it is only required occasionally. 

It's a busy airport, same reason there are delays on the 401, nobody wants to pay for enough capacity/infrastructure for there never to be delays.

Likely improve landing and take off wait times when you are on the plane, but my opinion is all delays are related to in or directly around the terminals.  Check in is relatively smooth, but getting off was/is/always will be a pita until they figure out how to move passengers more efficiently. 

8 hours ago, dolfan1980 said:

It's a busy airport, same reason there are delays on the 401, nobody wants to pay for enough capacity/infrastructure for there never to be delays.

Have you driven on the 401 lately? We taxpayers, current and future, are spending a whole lot of money rebuilding all the bridges and making it at least three lanes all the way to Kitchener and doing construction east from the 427 all the way to almost Yonge street. The problem is not enough spending. The problem is too many people in the GTA. 

So get out people! Timmons, Thunder Bay and Cobourg are wonderful places to live!  😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

So get out people! Timmons, Thunder Bay and Cobourg are wonderful places to live!  

Timmins and Thunder Bay, for sure.  I view Cobourg as a GTA suburb.  Pretty much anything as far as Belleville is in that gravitational field.

17 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Timmins and Thunder Bay, for sure.  I view Cobourg as a GTA suburb.  Pretty much anything as far as Belleville is in that gravitational field.

Cobourg was a shout out to @Ex-Airbalancer. Hence the 😁

Cobourg needs another 50,000 GTA refugees, minimum.  😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Have you driven on the 401 lately? We taxpayers, current and future, are spending a whole lot of money rebuilding all the bridges and making it at least three lanes all the way to Kitchener and doing construction east from the 427 all the way to almost Yonge street. The problem is not enough spending. The problem is too many people in the GTA. 

So get out people! Timmons, Thunder Bay and Cobourg are wonderful places to live!  😁

Lived in 2 of those places , they are just easy place to get around , but still fack up 😁

The province is looking at widing  the 401 to 8-10 lanes out  in Port Hope  😱

but I will long gone by than 😁
also Toronto thought they had a weird mayor in Rob Ford 

Cobourg new mayor may have him beat 🤣

https://www.northumberlandnews.com/news-story/10753401-newly-elected-cobourg-mayor-lucas-cleveland-embarrassed-by-incident-at-fast-food-restaurant/

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Lived in 2 of those places , they are just easy place to get around , but still fack up 😁

The province is looking at widing  the 401 to 8-10 lanes out  in Port Hope  😱

but I will long gone by than 😁
also Toronto thought they had a weird mayor in Rob Ford 

Cobourg new mayor may have him beat 🤣

https://www.northumberlandnews.com/news-story/10753401-newly-elected-cobourg-mayor-lucas-cleveland-embarrassed-by-incident-at-fast-food-restaurant/

What am I missing here. the MacD's manager takes the mayor elect's  $100 bill and and doesn't bring him either the happy meal and his change or the $100 bill back. So he get's the police to get his property $100 bill) back. Sounds kinda boring incident to this Torontonian. Rob Ford would have used his $100 bill to snort something, not try to buy his kid a happy meal. 😵

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

What am I missing here. the MacD's manager takes the mayor elect's  $100 bill and and doesn't bring him either the happy meal and his change or the $100 bill back. So he get's the police to get his property $100 bill) back. Sounds kinda boring incident to this Torontonian. Rob Ford would have used his $100 bill to snort something, not try to buy his kid a happy meal. 😵

McMayor was hungover ( his words) and tried to pay with a $100, the young server told him they don’t accept hundred dollar bills, 
McMayor yelled at kid  that he was new new mayor , and a couple other things 🙄, which got the manger involved , and McMayor turned off his truck in the drive thru and said he would move unless they took the $100 , so they told $100 so he would move the truck to the waiting area 😂

McMayor has just removed his profile on Tinder also 🤣

Good to be an interesting 4 years in Cobourg 

Good thing I live in the Township 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

McMayor was hungover ( his words) and tried to pay with a $100, the young server told him they don’t accept hundred dollar bills, 
McMayor yelled at kid  that he was new new mayor , and a couple other things 🙄, which got the manger involved , and McMayor turned off his truck in the drive thru and said he would move unless they took the $100 , so they told $100 so he would move the truck to the waiting area 😂

McMayor has just removed his profile on Tinder also 🤣

Good to be an interesting 4 years in Cobourg 

Good thing I live in the Township 😀

Now that's more Fordish!

🤔 Doesn't everyone who goes to McD's have to be hungover?

• Haha 1