Saint Greg’s Carnival Celebration - Live - November 27-December 4, 2022

Saint Greg

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah. At the link below you have a 7 and 14 day celebration MDR menus. As I just finished posting my magic Bermuda cruise on my website, I was pulling menus from this page to post in it. They are the same. What can be different is the order.

I think you’ll find the first and last day to be the same. It doesn’t seem to matter what the length of the cruise is, you’ll get the menu with the baked Alaska the last night.

The two elegant night menus will be the same but your second elegant night may be a different night. Lobster is now the second elegant night. The big question is when they work that 8th menu in. I can tell you from my 8-day glory cruise the 8th menu was the one that has Michigan pasty as an appetizer. 

I have all of the pictures from my 8 day glory in March. I’m going to give you in order an item from the entree menu. They seem to match up with my 7-day celebration menus. And the 8th day is day 8 on the 14 day celebration menus. But it was day 6 because day 7 is elegant and day 8 is the last night so it has to have baked Alaska.

1 S&S shrimp

2 Lobster night but now they’ve flipped it so should be filet night

3 Baked Ziti

4 linguini 

5 lasagna

6 seafood newburg (8th menu on the 14 day)

7 2nd elegant should be lobster now

8 penne mariscos

Here is where you will find all of the menus.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/celebration-mdr-menus/

Thank you!!  You went above and beyond👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Saint Greg can't wait to follow you on your next adventure!  I just skimmed back through this and could very well have missed if you said, but other than travel time for the 2 ruin tours you have done in Costa Maya, did you prefer one to the other?  I booked a very last minute (for me!) cruise to CM for April 2 and we have never been there.  We have been to other ruins (Lamanai, Tulum, Chichinitza, etc).  Any thoughts?  (I apologize if I just missed your comment somewhere!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lennythenose said:

@Saint Greg can't wait to follow you on your next adventure!  I just skimmed back through this and could very well have missed if you said, but other than travel time for the 2 ruin tours you have done in Costa Maya, did you prefer one to the other?  I booked a very last minute (for me!) cruise to CM for April 2 and we have never been there.  We have been to other ruins (Lamanai, Tulum, Chichinitza, etc).  Any thoughts?  (I apologize if I just missed your comment somewhere!).

Both are worth seeing but if I had to pick one it would be kohunlich. I liked the Acropolis, the balcony, the housing development with beds and closets and the temple of masks. If you are in port long enough you can do a Kohunlich/Dzibanche combo. I was not. Below is a link to my Kohunlich excursion. I believe my Chacchoben one posts in the morning….I think. 

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/kohunlich-mayan-ruins/

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Both are worth seeing but if I had to pick one it would be kohunlich. I liked the Acropolis, the balcony, the housing development with beds and closets and the temple of masks. If you are in port long enough you can do a Kohunlich/Dzibanche combo. I was not. Below is a link to my Kohunlich excursion. I believe my Chacchoben one posts in the morning….I think. 

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/kohunlich-mayan-ruins/

I was leaning toward that combo tour. I read both of you reviews live and know we will enjoy either. I usually give myself much more time to research a new to me port but booked on a whim. Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  1. @Saint Gregthanks for the great review.Wondering what cabin locations you find convenient for this ship, with so many things on 8 and such a large ship. Lido insides sell fast, particularly the middle one you had. booking super early may not be in the cards for us. We were recently deck 7 inside on Horizon, our largest ship so far and found it not the most convenient. We tend to like serenity deck on sea days, though we will have more pools on celebration, the comedy club was our go to for entertainment.
  2. i really need to convince my hubby to try Western as we've only done southern and eastern - he's not a fan to visiting Mexico. 

2 hours ago, familycruzinnewbie said:
  1. @Saint Gregthanks for the great review.Wondering what cabin locations you find convenient for this ship, with so many things on 8 and such a large ship. Lido insides sell fast, particularly the middle one you had. booking super early may not be in the cards for us. We were recently deck 7 inside on Horizon, our largest ship so far and found it not the most convenient. We tend to like serenity deck on sea days, though we will have more pools on celebration, the comedy club was our go to for entertainment.
  2. i really need to convince my hubby to try Western as we've only done southern and eastern - he's not a fan to visiting Mexico. 

On most ships I try to get as far forward on lido as possible to be close to the secret deck. On Magic I had a 4J on the end and the room was huge.  This class doesn’t have a secret deck. So I went closer to lido itself. I ended up loving my lido mid room location. it was like having a private hallway. I have the same room on Jubilee next year.

I think forward is definitely good. It’s close to the entertainment. The theater and comedy club are all the way forward. Just past the comedy club is the piano bar. Just past the piano bar is celebration Central so all of your entertainment is right there. Coffee is right there. Also chibang is forward and it’s a YTD option so that is really convenient as well.

I noticed the picture of you mini fridge was not stocked as a mini bar. Do they not do that anymore or did you ask to have the items removed? I am hoping not, I never get anything from the mini bar and would rather have it empty as a default.

53 minutes ago, MonaCD said:

I noticed the picture of you mini fridge was not stocked as a mini bar. Do they not do that anymore or did you ask to have the items removed? I am hoping not, I never get anything from the mini bar and would rather have it empty as a default.

I've never known it to be stocked in all of my cruises.

19 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I've never known it to be stocked in all of my cruises.

My last Carnival cruise was 8 years ago and I can't remember if it was stocked at that time But I know it was stoked on some cruises prior. Had to ask them to remove so we could just use it as a fridge.

8 minutes ago, MonaCD said:

My last Carnival cruise was 8 years ago and I can't remember if it was stocked at that time But I know it was stoked on some cruises prior. Had to ask them to remove so we could just use it as a fridge.

I've only been cruising 9 years and my early ones were on ships that didn't have refrigerators. But since 2017 every ship I've been on has had them and none of them have been stocked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonaCD said:

They stopped stocking the mini-fridges years ago. 😎

• Like 3