Do Black Friday emails apply to all?

fla33023

I received an email with subject line "Drum roll, please 🥁 Black Friday savings are FINALLY here!" It shows Deluxe beverage as BOGO 50% off but when I click the link to go the planner, it's not there. My question is, does anyone know if I should be able to get that or do these offers not apply to all? It even has the cruise dates at the top of the email. Thank you.

1 hour ago, fla33023 said:

My question is, does anyone know if I should be able to get that or do these offers not apply to all? It even has the cruise dates at the top of the email. Thank you.

Good question, but there's no firm answer. The email marketing doesn't necessarily coincide with what you'll find in the Cruise Planner. The 'sales' prices are all over the place, and it seems that the only consistency is the inconsistency. Because RCL uses dynamic pricing, the offers vary considerably for different sailings, dates and ships, and they can change at any time. Ignore the % off tactics, look at the bottom line price and buy when you're comfortable. You can always cancel a purchase and re-buy if a lower price shows up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I think it says "up to".

I have 9 rcl bookings and it applied only to radiance really. The rest has nothing or hardly nothing discounted.

They dont say all get that much off. 

Yep, I see that "up to" now. I don't like seeing an offer that I'm not eligible for! Thanks!

33 minutes ago, footzz said:

Good question, but there's no firm answer. The email marketing doesn't necessarily coincide with what you'll find in the Cruise Planner. The 'sales' prices are all over the place, and it seems that the only consistency is the inconsistency. Because RCL uses dynamic pricing, the offers vary considerably for different sailings, dates and ships, and they can change at any time. Ignore the % off tactics, look at the bottom line price and buy when you're comfortable. You can always cancel a purchase and re-buy if a lower price shows up.

I purchased a package yesterday. Just didn't expect to see a somewhat better deal today in an email sent to me that I can't take advantage of. Maybe it will show up before the 25th end date. Thank you!

20 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Yep, I see that "up to" now. I don't like seeing an offer that I'm not eligible for! Thanks!

It's not that you're "not eligible".  It's that not all cruise planner items on all cruises are necessarily reduced.

• Thanks 1