Deluxe Drink Package Deals

Hello! For my sailing, there is a Black Friday deal on the Deluxe Drink Package for BOGO 50% which brings the price to $68.90 per person per day. This is the lowest I’ve seen the price. It has normally been $84 (discounted from $94 on board price). Is this the best deal normally offered on this package? And for those that have bought this before, do you think the package is worth the price? (it ends up being more expensive than what I payed for the cruise in the first place lol)

52 minutes ago, laura.merks said:

Hello! For my sailing, there is a Black Friday deal on the Deluxe Drink Package for BOGO 50% which brings the price to $68.90 per person per day. This is the lowest I’ve seen the price. It has normally been $84 (discounted from $94 on board price). Is this the best deal normally offered on this package? And for those that have bought this before, do you think the package is worth the price? (it ends up being more expensive than what I payed for the cruise in the first place lol)

Is the $68.90 after the gratuity?  Or are you trying to calculate the promo based on the listed price?  The drink package prices always have .99 so the price seems weird if that price is without gratuity.  If you are trying to calculate the promo, that’s not right.  The price RCI shows is already the per person price after the “promo”.

As for if it’s worth it, I consider the average price per drink to be $12.  I divide the pre-gratuity price by that amount to get the break even.  Usually the breakeven point is 6-7 drinks average per day.  Personally I drink more than that so it’s always worth it to me.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

U can get the refreshment package at $20 a day. It includes everything the DBP includes except alcohol. If you spend $70 on a alcohol package that means u must spent $50 on just alcohol drinks in a day. So u must drink around 4-5 alcohol drinks per day to call it even. All the other drinks don’t matter because it includes The soda, specialty coffees, smoothies, shakes, water, and juices in the $20 package. I never drink all that and 4-5 alcohol drinks too in a day. Now I am diamond so not even close to worth it. I buy the $20 one and get 4 free drinks a day from diamond 

• Like 1

The price listed IS the BOGO price.  It’s not the first st the listed price & the second half of it.  Mine is currently BOGO at $72.99 each plus gratuity.  It was $62.99 each yesterday morning but we all know THAT got pulled quick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm sailing on Voyager Feb. 26th. The DBP is $55.99. With the 18% gratuity, it's $66.08. That's the lowest I've seen it in a long time.

That’s still a lot to drink without one sea day. I am on the cruise after you. 

We've been to all of those ports so we may stay on the ship for a few days. At $14/drink, that's only 5 a day to break even. As a Diamond member, I get 4 drinks a day so I probably won't get the package. The couple we're traveling with aren't Diamond so they may want to purchase it.

14 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm sailing on Voyager Feb. 26th. The DBP is $55.99. With the 18% gratuity, it's $66.08. That's the lowest I've seen it in a long time.

But Voyager is in the southern Caribbean right now, which means lots of port days. Voyager also doesn't have freestyle machines (unless they've recently added them). So none of the drink packages are really worth it on that ship, or on that route, in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We've been to all of those ports so we may stay on the ship for a few days. At $14/drink, that's only 5 a day to break even. As a Diamond member, I get 4 drinks a day so I probably won't get the package. The couple we're traveling with aren't Diamond so they may want to purchase it.

I am diamond too. I can’t even drink my 4. Lol

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

If I could get the DBP for $68.90 I would purchase it. The BOGO 50% off does me no good because I'm traveling solo.

The $68.90/day for both of you all depends on how much you normally drink and what you drink.

They will give you that price as a solo.

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Because $72,99 IS the BOGO price.  It’s not one at $72.99 and the second at $36.49.  If you read the part in red is says the price reflects the discount.  The half off is off the on board price of probably $98.

Yep, the on board price on Symphony this week is $98, and they're offering a BOGO with it. I was expecting to see them offer some nice Black Friday deals on board but there are zero deals. 

38394F88-ACF7-4165-90D4-309AFF527236.thumb.jpeg.c106c002b6abfe80ee64926a2aa5075f.jpeg

I see $56.99pp including tax and fees in my cruise planner for 14 night Jewel of the Seas to Greenland. That's as low as I've seen in quite a while. Still, over $1500 for two. I don't need it with the free diamond drinks but that could be a good buy for some folks. Definitely worth checking your cruise planner now.

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Yep, the on board price on Symphony this week is $98, and they're offering a BOGO with it. I was expecting to see them offer some nice Black Friday deals on board but there are zero deals. 

38394F88-ACF7-4165-90D4-309AFF527236.thumb.jpeg.c106c002b6abfe80ee64926a2aa5075f.jpeg

On the ship is different.  That is a legit BOGO where you have to pay full price on the package if you are a solo.  The pricing before is just Royal making up a price calling it a promo.  

10 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have cruised solo around a dozen times and I have never gotten a discount on the deluxe drink package with a buy one get one 50% off offer. 

Are talking on the ship or in the planner?  In the planner, the price is just the price whether it’s a solo or two people.  Once on the ship, a solo has to pay the full price.

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

Are talking on the ship or in the planner?  In the planner, the price is just the price whether it’s a solo or two people.  Once on the ship, a solo has to pay the full price.

Planner. I would never purchase anything on the ship, prices are always higher than on planner, which I am sure you know. But BOGO offers never work when traveling solo from my experience. 

We are Pinnacle and still buy the package. With specialty coffees, mimosas for breakfast, etc.  we more than break even.   Even having the 6 drinks per day per person, I would never cruise without buying the package.  I go through at least 10 bottles of water a day alone.  Hubby drinks at least 4 specialty coffees.  And when we cruise, we like our drinks.  The package allows me to get a new beer if mine is warm, or to try something and if I don't like it, no big deal.  We don't do specialty dining (not worth it to us), excursions, suites (again, not worth it to us), etc., so the cost of the package is just part of our cruise.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We are Pinnacle and still buy the package. With specialty coffees, mimosas for breakfast, etc.  we more than break even.   Even having the 6 drinks per day per person, I would never cruise without buying the package.  I go through at least 10 bottles of water a day alone.  Hubby drinks at least 4 specialty coffees.  And when we cruise, we like our drinks.  The package allows me to get a new beer if mine is warm, or to try something and if I don't like it, no big deal.  We don't do specialty dining (not worth it to us), excursions, suites (again, not worth it to us), etc., so the cost of the package is just part of our cruise.

Right there with you on that explanation,only we are Diamond +