lanyards

xray0111

On 11/24/2022 at 5:28 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Does a charge card fit in it without it being a pain to get it out? I have a silicone stick on one from the Wonder Inaugural cruise. The charge cards stretches it to much and it’s starting to rip. Sea pass fits in fine.

We've had the silicone type as well and I think they are about he same. I usually have to have two cards in one pocket on a silicone since it stretches' more 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Understood. That's where my wife's usually is... in my pocket. I don't mind though; it's easier to use her vouchers that way. 😁

This is what I love about  Cruise Critic, great hacks like these. 

Thanks. 😇

33 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Questions for those of you that either don't have pockets or are afraid they will lose what they put in their pockets.  If you have C&A drinks, do you tip?  How do you carry your cash for tips?

We tip and this is where I keep mine which is starting to tear. Charge cards really stretch it out so I can only keep my sea pass and some ones in it.

Screenshot_20221125-102347_Messages.thumb.jpg.3141c290bc2d77ca03e26366fee569df.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 11/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, cruiser52forever said:

... Why is is not normal to protect our kids by teaching our children self respect.. 

Teaching kids that they can gain acceptance /approval of others without "showing it all" is a form of self-respect.  Teen girls especially need to learn that they are more than their looks.  The teens I see at school who dress inappropriately (for example, wearing to school a bikini top under an open shirt) seem more desperate-for-attention than confident in themselves.  

I really do think most of society share pretty similar ideas on what's appropriately dress in public places.  

We haven't noted people dressing inappropriately on cruises -- oh, I saw people wearing things I wouldn't wear; for example, bathrobes in the Windjammer or hoodie sweatshirts and MAG hats at dinner -- but we didn't really see people "showing their bits"  We only cruise in the fall when kids are back in school, so that may be why -- and we may "see more" on our upcoming 3-day cruise.  

On 11/23/2022 at 12:19 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

perhaps you should start by teaching the people who are doing the ogling not to ogle 

Hmm, the Duggars talk about doing just this -- their word is Nike -- and people criticize them for it.   Seems like a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.  

53 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Questions for those of you that either don't have pockets or are afraid they will lose what they put in their pockets.  If you have C&A drinks, do you tip?  How do you carry your cash for tips?

At any given point on a cruise, I have my Ship ID and maybe two dollar bills.  Depending upon what I'm doing, I might also have lip gloss, my husband's reading glasses, or whatever else.  I carry them: 

- Mostly just in my pocket during the day.  

- In a small pool tote, if I'm at the pool or going ashore for a beach day -- it has a small zipped pocket on the side, so money /ID cards aren't visible or rattling around.  

- In a small wristlet purse for dinner.  

Tipping:  I always bring a bunch of singles on a cruise, and I tip $1 per drink.  I figure the bartender would rather have the cash money than credit floating around somewhere in the cruise line's electronic systems.  

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, WhiskeyPoet said:

Okay but seriously, anyone have luck getting a hole punch on Wonder? I don't care if you wear spandex or show your ankles, I'm just trying to figure out which style of lanyard to bring.

Bring one which doesn't require punching a hole.