P&O cancellation / Medical questionnaire

Cpot

20 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The situation is getting very worrying.  We have two new cases of cancellation in the past 48 hours on these boards, three cases from Tpilot in a week plus the ones I already reported.  As more people go down with seasonal illnesses the problem will inevitably become worse.

As i do not have social media accounts i am relying on others catching and seeing cases over there.  Whilst not wanting to be some sort of vigilante i am considering trying to get some sort of presence on one of these mediums to warn people of the problem and give those caught a place to collate information and tell their stories.

I confess to being a bit nervous of doing this as I really dislike social media as a forum, however I understand it is possible to create as a group rather than as an individual, a bit like a company account.  All you FB users out there, is that actually possible or would I have to hang myself out to dry to achieve this aim? I've no intention of giving away my personal identity for others to see.

Opinions please?

It is quite easy to set up a facebook group, you can administer it yourself or get someone to help moderate it, I am on Arcadia next week for 40 nights or I would have been happy to set it up, however there are a few canny members here who I am sure will help. There are lots of options to keep the group private and weed out the cranks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is quite easy to set up a facebook group, you can administer it yourself or get someone to help moderate it, I am on Arcadia next week for 40 nights or I would have been happy to set it up, however there are a few canny members here who I am sure will help. There are lots of options to keep the group private and weed out the cranks.

Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

Spotted 2 on the bird SM posted back in August, both had cruises cancelled due to a box being ticked on health questionnaire, one ticked wrong box, the other said they were sneezing, both that was due to hay fever. 

Edited by Snow Hill

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I fear these are going to run into hundreds with the winter sniffle season upon us.  I'm not sure whether to be proud of people's honesty or despair at their naivety!

It would be a lot easier if P&O rephrased the question 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The situation is getting very worrying.  We have two new cases of cancellation in the past 48 hours on these boards, three cases from Tpilot in a week plus the ones I already reported.  As more people go down with seasonal illnesses the problem will inevitably become worse.

As i do not have social media accounts i am relying on others catching and seeing cases over there.  Whilst not wanting to be some sort of vigilante i am considering trying to get some sort of presence on one of these mediums to warn people of the problem and give those caught a place to collate information and tell their stories.

I confess to being a bit nervous of doing this as I really dislike social media as a forum, however I understand it is possible to create as a group rather than as an individual, a bit like a company account.  All you FB users out there, is that actually possible or would I have to hang myself out to dry to achieve this aim? I've no intention of giving away my personal identity for others to see.

Opinions please?

I agree with you about the worrying situation.

If the current situation persists, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if someone gets their world cruise cancelled. 

I’m not a big Facebooker, so can’t really advise you on that, unfortunately 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, happy v said:

It would be a lot easier if P&O rephrased the question 

If they start to get negative publicity in the mainstream media, then they may have no alternative but to rethink the questionnaire as will other cruise companies who use similar versions. If the likes of Simon Calder or Martin Lewis start to run with this then something may change, otherwise it could be the courts who will decide,  they however may try to silence people with a payoff and an NDA. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

If they start to get negative publicity in the mainstream media, then they may have no alternative but to rethink the questionnaire as will other cruise companies who use similar versions. If the likes of Simon Calder or Martin Lewis start to run with this then something may change, otherwise it could be the courts who will decide,  they however may try to silence people with a payoff and an NDA. 

Perhaps that's why it's legal team calling me!   What should I ask for to keep quiet, a World Cruise or the four cruises a year I take with them free for a few years?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I like the Martin Lewis angle. He has so much clout at the moment and if a message is sent to him I am pretty sure he would take it up.

I think that one of our members Kopchadder wrote to him last week but no reply so far.  If I don't get my contact as promised I'm going to go to the BBC locally - being only 25 miles from Southampton there's a lot of interest in the ships down here.  My experience is local stories go national if it's important.

If I manage to get this FB group I'm thinking of I'm hoping to have more evidence of what's going on.  Remember we might be dealing with the tip of the iceberg, there's Cunard as well and for all I know other cruise lines.

• Like 4

I've bitten the bullet! Just spoken to BBC Southampton.  Explained what I've been doing for past 10 months and why.  Told them about number being refused boarding and directed them to the pages on here.

After reading the cases from yesterday I've been asked if anyone affected would be happy to speak with them.  They are going to investigate and try to speak to P&O.

To all the people affected who read these boards this will be your one opportunity to speak about your experience with a major news outlet.  It is not for me to say what to do but I have at least opened the door.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I've bitten the bullet! Just spoken to BBC Southampton.  Explained what I've been doing for past 10 months and why.  Told them about number being refused boarding and directed them to the pages on here.

After reading the cases from yesterday I've been asked if anyone affected would be happy to speak with them.  They are going to investigate and try to speak to P&O.

To all the people affected who read these boards this will be your one opportunity to speak about your experience with a major news outlet.  It is not for me to say what to do but I have at least opened the door.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The only way is to involve the media. No company wants bad publicity. 

I have emailed Martin Lewis and had the usual auto reply. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 12:50 PM, Megabear2 said:

Thank you for your update. Would you kindly post the text of the letter,  not your personal details along with the number of people on your booking, whether they are on one policy, details of if they live at the same address? I have been in communication with P&O's Executive Office today and mentioned your case, albeit as just we have spoken by chat online.

If you are willing to provide the requested information above NOT any personal information, I hope I may be able to help.

Meanwhile check the date for your first communication - presumably by telephone on the day they cancelled you but also when you wrote and received the generic reply and let me know what date the 28 days will be up.

I'm currently involved with the FCA and my MP on this - the latter is a bit busy but is waiting to see P&O's final reply before raising the issue elsewhere.

Megabear, there was 2 of us travelling, both same policy, both same address. Here is the text of the letter..

Further to your recent request, please find the following information to assist you with your travel insurance company.

This serves to confirm that on 7 July 2021, Mr...booked to travel with Mrs...on the above cruise (G236) via (travel agent), departing from Southampton, UK on 29 October for 14 nights.

The confirmation invoice issued to you by your booking agent should serve as proof as costing to your insurance company.

On 28th October 2022, Mrs.. was not permitted to travel due to failing the pre-cruise health declaration and as Mr..shares the same address, the full booking was cancelled.

This incurred the below cancellation charge   as per our standard Terms and Conditions.

Cancellation charge £3000+

I can confirm that no compensation or goodwill gestures have been provided by P &O cruises in light of this.

I trust this information is suitable for your claim, should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Guest Services Representative. 

Strangely, my wife's sister and husband, who were travelling with us on a separate booking and insured with Holiday Extras, but had Allowed boarding status after their clean declaration, were also cancelled because they were linked to us. They requested their letter for their insurance, and theirs is exactly the same as above, except that their letter says they failed their declaration because of flu symptoms. They did not have flu or say they had.

Confused, you will be !!!!

Hope this helps. 

First contact was immediately after they booted us off on the morning of 27th October. All they did was fend us off to our travel agent. Next call on 28th was to request a doctors letter stating the medical reason for our denial of boarding, which led to the letter above. I then wrote to the 2 contacts you suggested  on 28th.

The 28 days began on the 29 October. Still not heard anything from the Exec contact you suggested. Is it worth writing to Paul Ludlow and David Dingle?

49 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Well done. We would be happy to speak to them. This terrible unjust process has to get changed.

20 minutes ago, Kopchadder8 said:

Megabear, there was 2 of us travelling, both same policy, both same address. Here is the text of the letter..

Further to your recent request, please find the following information to assist you with your travel insurance company.

This serves to confirm that on 7 July 2021, Mr...booked to travel with Mrs...on the above cruise (G236) via (travel agent), departing from Southampton, UK on 29 October for 14 nights.

The confirmation invoice issued to you by your booking agent should serve as proof as costing to your insurance company.

On 28th October 2022, Mrs.. was not permitted to travel due to failing the pre-cruise health declaration and as Mr..shares the same address, the full booking was cancelled.

This incurred the below cancellation charge   as per our standard Terms and Conditions.

Cancellation charge £3000+

I can confirm that no compensation or goodwill gestures have been provided by P &O cruises in light of this.

I trust this information is suitable for your claim, should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Guest Services Representative. 

Strangely, my wife's sister and husband, who were travelling with us on a separate booking and insured with Holiday Extras, but had Allowed boarding status after their clean declaration, were also cancelled because they were linked to us. They requested their letter for their insurance, and theirs is exactly the same as above, except that their letter says they failed their declaration because of flu symptoms. They did not have flu or say they had.

Confused, you will be !!!!

Hope this helps. 

First contact was immediately after they booted us off on the morning of 27th October. All they did was fend us off to our travel agent. Next call on 28th was to request a doctors letter stating the medical reason for our denial of boarding, which led to the letter above. I then wrote to the 2 contacts you suggested  on 28th.

The 28 days began on the 29 October. Still not heard anything from the Exec contact you suggested. Is it worth writing to Paul Ludlow and David Dingle?

Do you have anything from the insurers yet? I believe they were going to chase the claims team.

Which department sent the letter  any names on it.

Have Holiday Extras actioned your inlaws claim?  If so what section of the policy are they claiming under? Another couple refused boarding yesterday have been told no claim possible in their circumstances - cough being treated by GP.  Am I to take it your inlaws were both well if they were accepted in the first place?  Could they ask P&O the rationale behind their cancellation? Assumedly they would have travelled without you if P&O hadn't randomly cancelled their cruise without asking?

The email address for Paul Ludlow is the executive office one I've already provided.

Thanks for saying you'll speak to BBC.  I am not allowed to post the details here or indeed my email address.  I will find a way, never fear.  There must be some sort of messaging service for CC members - any ideas folks???

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Do you have anything from the insurers yet? I believe they were going to chase the claims team.

Which department sent the letter  any names on it.

Have Holiday Extras actioned your inlaws claim?  If so what section of the policy are they claiming under? Another couple refused boarding yesterday have been told no claim possible in their circumstances - cough being treated by GP.  Am I to take it your inlaws were both well if they were accepted in the first place?  Could they ask P&O the rationale behind their cancellation? Assumedly they would have travelled without you if P&O hadn't randomly cancelled their cruise without asking?

The email address for Paul Ludlow is the executive office one I've already provided.

Thanks for saying you'll speak to BBC.  I am not allowed to post the details here or indeed my email address.  I will find a way, never fear.  There must be some sort of messaging service for CC members - any ideas folks???

Nothing from my insurance yet. The letter was from Jessica in Guest Services.

Our family were well and would have gone on their own given the chance. They did ask P and O why they were cancelled and were told it was because of the association with us. Then their letter said they had flu !!! 

If BBC are happy to talk to them I could call them if they give me a name and number. Again thanks for your perservance Megabear.