P&O cancellation / Medical questionnaire

Cpot

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I don't - but I would suggest that these people continue to badger and complain to P&O.

I think the penny has dropped that the questionnaire was unworkable/unreliable and the 'moving back to normal' message is purely window dressing - as nothing has changed as far as Covid is concerned from 4 weeks ago.

Again, I don't know but suspect that the likely chess games goes: P&O say no, Insurance says no, complain via ABTA not dealt with in 4 weeks, seek to take to small claims court (if less than £10k) = settled out of court with FCC offered to value of cruise lost, and probably a NDA for good measure. 

Its worth noting that restrictions are now only applying to those Covid positive within 7 days and also a loosening of restrictions for certain types of dialysis and oxygen concentrators. These people have not been able to cruise since February 2020.

Returning for one question. Why are restrictions applied to those who have had covid 7 days before sailing when quarantine on P&O ships is SIX days? After 6  days they should be able to sail if they test negative. Once more P&O are breaking their own rules. If you want to see the real problems with P&O look at Trustpilot.

Edited by Yorkypete

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 1:35 PM, Megabear2 said:

Not a normal Southampton code, first one I've seen commencing 02380 ...

Look up BBC South Today ..

Have a look here and see what you think.  You'll need the travel correspondent although the guy who answered was very helpful and on the board. He knows he spoke to megabear2 from this board as well.

Hi megabear2. Just an update for you on my case. My insurance company refused my claim for compensation. P and O refused a refund but have offered an FCC, but not really interested in travelling with such a shower, but looks like I won't have a choice.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:50 PM, Exiled Brummie said:

Hi all, I have seen on various posts complaints about P&O cancelling a cruise after completion of medical declaration. We had exactly this problem, ticked yes to 'have you suffered from' etc in spirit of honesty as I was getting over a mild cold, had done two negative covid tests, expecting further questions much as the insurance people do. Cruise immediately cancelled and phone call to them just recieved a blunt can't be changed, claim off insurance company. This we did to be told claim off P&O.

Anyone had any success in getting refund?

Bill D.

Bill, we suffered in just the same way. Our insurance refused to pay, so P and O offered an FCC. Would have preferred a credit but not on offer 

On 11/23/2022 at 8:26 PM, Karlina said:

Today I completed my questionnaire and like others had had a cough so answered honestly to first question and P&O cancelled my booking. I telephoned, they informed me it’s their policy regardless of the fact I could board with negative covid test and travel pass letter. Been vaccinated, double booster and yet having a cough in past 10 days ‘might’ be linked to coronavirus even though tests were negative when I had cough. No refund, no future cruise credit contact our insurance for refund! Insurance tell me, I haven’t got a Drs letter to say unfit for travel and im not Ill so whose going to refund our money? P&O say no refund because of booking terms but they fail to understand im not cancelling they are so why aren’t they helping. Coronavirus an excuse. We cruised in August, covid negative on departure covid positive on return!!! I couldn’t submit my husbands medical questionnaire after mine as system was down.  After phonecalls I realised if I waited til Friday to complete questionnaire I could have ticked NO to first question as Dr was on 14th of month. I phoned again asked if they could void my medical form and I would resubmit Friday along with my husbands and could enter No to first question. P&O again told me No they couldn’t do that, husband could travel. I tell them No he can’t because he’s registered disabled and I’m his carer again it was no, he too would be cancelled. Regardless none of our info now visible online so can’t do anything..  has anyone managed to recoup their cruise payment and if so how??? So annoyed this is absolutely disgraceful.  I appreciate health worries but if you are fit to travel but they cancel they should be liable to try and resolve NOT keep yr money and possibly re sell cabin.  We also have another cruise booked with them  in March and it just makes u worry over the next trip.

Karlina, we have just been offered an FCC by P and O as our insurance refused to pay after 2 months deliberation. Contact the P and O CEO and keep badgering them.

• 2 weeks later...

When we travelled in November we had to fill in a Heath questionnaire a few days before we travelled plus we had to provide a picture ( which they never used anyway as they took another one in the terminal) . Don’t they do either of these things now as they don’t seem to be on the ‘before you travel ‘ page on our booking? 

Edited by amajaa

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

No the health questionnaire pre cruise has ended.

Okay thanks, do you have to fill one in at the terminal as per pre Covid ? Although I’m sure it was all a waste of time before, as if anyone had a cough/cold and got as far as Southampton I don’t believe they would then fill a form in saying they were ill and risk getting turned away. 

What about the photos it doesn’t seem to be asking for that either now? 

43 minutes ago, amajaa said:

What about the photos it doesn’t seem to be asking for that either now? 

Photos is one of the things they ask you to do beforehand, but they are also able to take them at check-in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Photos is one of the things they ask you to do beforehand, but they are also able to take them at check-in.

It’s not showing on ours at the moment yet last time, a few months ago, it was easy to see when we went into our booking. Where about are they asking for it when you go into your booking? 

We downloaded ours but said they were no good .The check in lady said they needed to have our glasses on the downloaded ones were from our passport download 3 years ago. They used what looked like a smart phone to take them very quick .

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

It’s not showing on ours at the moment yet last time, a few months ago, it was easy to see when we went into our booking. Where about are they asking for it when you go into your booking? 

When are you travelling? Presumably you have already gone through the check-in process if it is soon.

- On the Booking Summary, under the terminal arrival time, you will two tabs - one to check in and one to print luggage labels. Click on the check in tab and input your booking details.

- From the tabs on the left, click on 'photos'

- Click on the relevant passenger and follow the instructions

As I wrote previously, they will take your photo at the port if you haven't already uploaded one, or if it's not suitable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, amajaa said:

When we travelled in November we had to fill in a Heath questionnaire a few days before we travelled plus we had to provide a picture ( which they never used anyway as they took another one in the terminal) . Don’t they do either of these things now as they don’t seem to be on the ‘before you travel ‘ page on our booking? 

We got on Azura on  November 18th and I uploaded photos during on line check in.

We had to fill in the short Health Questionnaire on line a couple of days before our cruise and P&O emailed us back to say we were Good to Go.

Graham.

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We got on Azura on  November 18th and I uploaded photos during on line check in.

We had to fill in the short Health Questionnaire on line a couple of days before our cruise and P&O emailed us back to say we were Good to Go.

Graham.

Hi, yes we had to fill in the questionnaire in November but it isn’t there to fill in for our January cruise, apparently it has now been scrapped. I was wondering if you had to fill in one in the terminal like you used to before Covid ( which I’m sure people didn’t fill in honestly) 

2 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Hi, yes we had to fill in the questionnaire in November but it isn’t there to fill in for our January cruise, apparently it has now been scrapped. I was wondering if you had to fill in one in the terminal like you used to before Covid ( which I’m sure people didn’t fill in honestly) 

Yes, it has been scrapped online. The questions are now asked at check-in; verbally I think, rather than the passenger completing a form.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 3:50 PM, binman2 said:

We downloaded ours but said they were no good .The check in lady said they needed to have our glasses on the downloaded ones were from our passport download 3 years ago. They used what looked like a smart phone to take them very quick .

I used my passport photo from five years ago, that is three change of glasses, and they accepted it. Or, do you mean one of the photos had you wearing glasses and the other didn’t? 

Ripoff Britain today covering insurance issues with cruising. 

A lady couldn't get adequate full cancellation cover for her World Cruise with Cunard - the maximum cover fell far short of the cruise cost). 

They highlighted how cruise companies  (P&O mentioned too as a 'sister' company) require customers to have full insurance to be able to travel but then don't care that aspects are impossible to cover. 

Cunard's response was that medical issues, repatriation etc had to be fully covered but not necessarily full cancellation cover.  (Of course they don't care about that - but honestly have they any conscience at all re customer care?)

Cunard's own recommended insurers Holidays Extra (!!!) wouldn't give full cover nor any other insurers this lady could find.  She'd already got £15K locked up in a deposit.  She has now cancelled and transferred the deposit to a different less expensive cruise which comes within the maximum cancellation cover.

Not quite the issue which has been discussed on here at length but again indicative of the gaping holes in the insurance cover for the unwary.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi all, it's been a while since I lasted posted and see that there have been many posts since so apologies if this has already been answered but has anyone had any success with having cruise costs reimbursed due to P&O cancelling cruise after honestly answering yes to the 'have you...: medical questionaire. I complained to P&O by email shortly after this event and had an apology which interestingly also admitted that they could, quote 'appreciate that perhaps more clarity needs to be given surrounding the nature of the questionaire'  unquote.

Having had no further response then filled in a web complaint form on 13 November which was also acknowledged on 13 November. ( hese web forms are dreadful, not just P&O, automated response  has no references, date or who it's from making it difficult to submit as evidence, anybody could have composed it) No reply to date which is a generous allowance above 28 days that I think ABTA requires.

Now submitted complaint to ABTA so await with trepidation as I fully expect them to be on P&O side unless they truly are independent.

Bill D.

• Thanks 1