Regent's Tokyo Hotels and pre/Post Land Tours -- What is your experience?

marne-c

I worked at a Police school in Kosovo for over a year. The company I worked for refurbished the whole men's and ladies toilet block with Western style toilets, big mistake, all 15 were broken within a week with students standing on them!

We booked are own hotel, The Hilton, it turned out to be the same that Regent used,  First this hotel is just to far away from everything, it’s a business hotel.  Nice hotel, just to far away.  Being it was the Regent hotel the morning to leave is a total zoo.  We had a car service, easy, fast and relaxed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2022 at 6:50 AM, RetiredandTravel said:

Hi, because we took the air credit and made our own flights.  When you take the air credit you also need to make your own transfers.    Notice below at the end of the room categories.  They did provide transfer from the hotel to the ship.

"A Savings of up to $5,500  per person is available when arranging your own flights and transfers."

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/EXP230314/summary?source=top results

We are doing the same for EXP230425. It includes the free 3 day pre-cruise. The pre-cruise page says

•Transfers

Please Note: Guests booking their own flights (independent of the cruise line) are responsible for ensuring that the cruise line has the updated arrival information, so your transfer can be arranged. If you book additional nights independently of the cruise line, an arrival transfer is not provided. If we do not receive flight details a minimum of 14 days in advance, transfers will not be provided.

From <https://www.rssc.com/destinations/asia/land-hotel/TOK/land-programs#tabs>

12 hours ago, BajaBarry said:

We are doing the same for EXP230425. It includes the free 3 day pre-cruise. The pre-cruise page says

•Transfers

Please Note: Guests booking their own flights (independent of the cruise line) are responsible for ensuring that the cruise line has the updated arrival information, so your transfer can be arranged. If you book additional nights independently of the cruise line, an arrival transfer is not provided. If we do not receive flight details a minimum of 14 days in advance, transfers will not be provided.

From <https://www.rssc.com/destinations/asia/land-hotel/TOK/land-programs#tabs>

Our Tokyo-Tokyo cruise also included a free 3 day pre cruise package, we arrived a day early and made our own arrival transfer arrangements to the hotel.  Regent provided transfer to the ship and we paid for Regent bus transfers to the airport (~$100 each).  I'd still double check that you aren't paying for the transfer to the hotel.  Enjoy your trip.

3 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Our Tokyo-Tokyo cruise also included a free 3 day pre cruise package, we arrived a day early and made our own arrival transfer arrangements to the hotel.  Regent provided transfer to the ship and we paid for Regent bus transfers to the airport (~$100 each).  I'd still double check that you aren't paying for the transfer to the hotel.  Enjoy your trip.

We are also arriving early on our own 2 days prior but staying at the Tokyo Hilton which is the hotel for the "free" 3 days.  We did not opt to pay the almost $2000 for the two days but only $900 for booking it on our own, we have to pay for our own transfers to the hotel.  Can I ask you which service are you using? Our hotel recommends the Limousine Bus but we are leaning towards getting a car service (from Narita).  Our transfer to the airport from the ship upon debarkation is included and not charged. 

1 hour ago, tango223 said:

We are also arriving early on our own 2 days prior but staying at the Tokyo Hilton which is the hotel for the "free" 3 days.  We did not opt to pay the almost $2000 for the two days but only $900 for booking it on our own, we have to pay for our own transfers to the hotel.  Can I ask you which service are you using? Our hotel recommends the Limousine Bus but we are leaning towards getting a car service (from Narita).  Our transfer to the airport from the ship upon debarkation is included and not charged. 

I'm not 100% sure but I think (2019) it was Tokyo MK, they were awesome.  The Narita > Hilton fare was  ~$230 for a Lexus and they showed up in a Mercedes S600, driver was the best.  Private car the only way to go IMO after a long flight but some people prefer the bus or train.  Yeah we also opted to buy the extra night ourselves much cheaper.  I'm Hilton Gold because of AMEX so we had the included breakfast in the main restaurant which I think is quite a bit better than the "free" Regent one which was on a separate floor.  Have fun.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1066451-d8569394-Reviews-Tokyo_MK_Taxi_Limousine-Minato_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

The Day 1 description also includes the following explaining you must arrive on Day 1 to get the free airport to hotel transfer. We will need to provide our own transport from the ship to the airport or do as you did.

•Meet and Greet and transfers are arranged for guests arriving on Day 1 of a land program or for extra nights booked through the cruise line and are arranged based on the flight details received by guests at least 14 days before sailing. Guests arriving independently before the program start date will not have a transfer included.

•If we have not received your flight details or your flights have changed, and the Destination Services Land Team has not been notified, then a transfer cannot be provided, and guests will be responsible for getting to the land program hotel at their own expense. Please immediately contact our Reservations Department for any flight changes before departure.

We are also sailing from Tokyo in November (Tokyo to Bangkok). As we are from the UK our 'deal' is a little different. We have booked a F1 suite so no 'luxury' hotel  which comes with concierge and above. However, we will require what our travel agent refers to as a 'forced' overnight ie Regent can't risk us arriving late so fly us in the day before and put us up in a hotel for the night. Does anyone know if this will be the same one everyone else goes to (Tokyo Hilton) or are we locked in an underground bunker for the night 😜

Edited by Techno123

46 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

I’m curious to hear the answer.  We are flying to Tokyo in March, no flight information yet, and also in an F1 so no precruise hotel.  Wondering what RSSC will end up doing….

I have posted it as a separate question too in case it is missed here 😁 so keep an eye on that one too.

We’re booked on Explorer Tokyo to Bangkok cruise in November, in a Concierge suite.  Our travel agent confirmed we’ll be at the Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo for one night prior to embarkation. We’ve booked our own flights from the UK to Japan, arriving three days before the cruise, and booked two additional nights at the Keio ourselves. We booked online direct with hotel as their rate was much cheaper than the £698 for two nights per person😮 The only downside to this arrangement is that we may have to change rooms for the third night (the one RSSC booked).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Domvh75 said:

We’re booked on Explorer Tokyo to Bangkok cruise in November, in a Concierge suite.  Our travel agent confirmed we’ll be at the Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo for one night prior to embarkation. We’ve booked our own flights from the UK to Japan, arriving three days before the cruise, and booked two additional nights at the Keio ourselves. We booked online direct with hotel as their rate was much cheaper than the £698 for two nights per person😮 The only downside to this arrangement is that we may have to change rooms for the third night (the one RSSC booked).

I think it's the Tokyo Hilton if you are doing the land tour (it was for us before Regent cancelled our original cruise) and the Keio Plaza for the 'free' night (concierge and above). If it's one of those I assume Regent will put those of us who have a forced overnight in the cheapest one 😜

3 hours ago, Techno123 said:

I think it's the Tokyo Hilton if you are doing the land tour (it was for us before Regent cancelled our original cruise) and the Keio Plaza for the 'free' night (concierge and above). If it's one of those I assume Regent will put those of us who have a forced overnight in the cheapest one 😜

I just registered on RSSC's website and added our booking.  I can view the itinerary which shows our selected tours, and also the pre-cruise hotel, and it is indeed Keio Plaza.  Does something similar show on your itinerary if you have a RSSC account, listing your forced overnight accommodation?

RSSC.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Domvh75 said:

I just registered on RSSC's website and added our booking.  I can view the itinerary which shows our selected tours, and also the pre-cruise hotel, and it is indeed Keio Plaza.  Does something similar show on your itinerary if you have a RSSC account, listing your forced overnight accommodation?

RSSC.jpg

Regent offers a three night pre cruise package (sometimes for free), your booking is the free night for a concierge suite. The three night pre-cruise package is usually at the Tokyo Hilton.  Honestly unless your pre cruise package is free it is quite often very expensive and you can do it better with higher quality on your own.  Tokyo is a very manageable & friendly city.  If you contact the hotel a couple weeks before your arrival they should be able to keep you in the same room for the three nights.

• Like 1

Nice to see all of the interest in the Tokyo itineraries.

We just booked the 10/31 departure and used the upgrade promo they are running for the 2 category upgrade.

They also credited us 200/person for not needing a pre cruise hotel because we booked Penthouse  suite and the complimentary 3 day pre Tokyo package.

Also received a 300/person credit for being on Regent in the past.

Looking forward to returning to Regent

On 1/11/2023 at 4:49 PM, tubeamps said:

Nice to see all of the interest in the Tokyo itineraries.

We just booked the 10/31 departure and used the upgrade promo they are running for the 2 category upgrade.

They also credited us 200/person for not needing a pre cruise hotel because we booked Penthouse  suite and the complimentary 3 day pre Tokyo package.

Also received a 300/person credit for being on Regent in the past.

Looking forward to returning to Regent

The land portion while "Complementary" can be deleted for a credit.  However the credit is only $750 pp

Edited by PaulMCO