Carnival Celebration Question

debirn

Hello, I am booked on the 2/5/23 Carnival Celebration out of Miami.  Does anyone yet know what the special nights are for dinner in the dining rooms?  

What is the best transportation from the Miami port to the Miami airport?

Thanks, Debi

4 hours ago, debirn said:

Hello, I am booked on the 2/5/23 Carnival Celebration out of Miami.  Does anyone yet know what the special nights are for dinner in the dining rooms?  

What is the best transportation from the Miami port to the Miami airport?

Thanks, Debi

Since Celebration has just been inaugurated and hasn’t done regular sailings yet, special nights might not yet be known.

As far as port transportation goes, we have a forum here that specializes in that.  it’s called Florida Departures, and is found under. North  American Homeports.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Pay attention to how much an Uber or Lyft costs vs. the flat rate taxi fare. Sometimes due to surge pricing, it can be cheaper to take a taxi. But usually it’s similar to a taxi or cheaper.

This is true.

I like, and while being a little more expensive, Blacklane. It's like luxury Uber and you can book in advance and they wait w/a sign and help w luggage, like a formal driver.

Hey! It's vacation....It's more, but it's nice. Price is set upfront and they're waiting for YOU, not you waiting for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

I like, and while being a little more expensive, Blacklane. It's like luxury Uber and you can book in advance and they wait w/a sign and help w luggage, like a formal driver.

Hey! It's vacation....It's more, but it's nice. Price is set upfront and they're waiting for YOU, not you waiting for them.

We use a similar local car service in Miami after several iffy experiences with Uber/Lyft drivers. Agree that the best parts are you know the charge upfront, they're waiting for you, and they are better trained or more diligent about items like suitcases and take care of them.

• Like 1

I really does make a difference. Vacations are to relax, not bust your butt to get to it.

Relax on the plane as much as possible, have a couple drinks, when you land, you have a text saying "Mr XYZ is waiting at the baggage."

You now have no worries, you're greeted, help with luggage and away you go. It's not a limo, but usually an Escalade/Explorer or larger Mercedes or BMW.

Only had one bad experience with it, and it was the driver, he wore WAY too much cologne, think he washed the car in it.

Just a suggestion for a different way to travel. Little more, but you know in advance and lot of benefits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

Pay attention to how much an Uber or Lyft costs vs. the flat rate taxi fare. Sometimes due to surge pricing, it can be cheaper to take a taxi. But usually it’s similar to a taxi or cheaper.

This!!! Yesterday we debarked from Horizon. 6 ships in port in pouring down rain. Uber to FLL was running between 85-110. I didn't check to MIA. When going to MIA we usu just grab a taxi. easier than trying to locate the Uber/Lyft vehicle in the sea of humanity and luggage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ober134 said:

This!!! Yesterday we debarked from Horizon. 6 ships in port in pouring down rain. Uber to FLL was running between 85-110. I didn't check to MIA. When going to MIA we usu just grab a taxi. easier than trying to locate the Uber/Lyft vehicle in the sea of humanity and luggage.

I imagine there is a flat rate between Port of Miami and FLL as well. 

• Like 1

We just got off the Celebration's Transatlantic.  Although probably not representative of the 7 day sailings to come, during the 2nd week (Atlantic Transit) the elegant night was Monday and Thursday.  I believe this was similar on our Mardi Gras last year during it's 5th sailing that departed on a Sunday.

Regarding Uber - our trip from Port of Miami to Airport on UberX was $23 yesterday, which was very reasonable for the two of us with 4 large pieces of luggage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robertdonlon said:

We just got off the Celebration's Transatlantic.  Although probably not representative of the 7 day sailings to come, during the 2nd week (Atlantic Transit) the elegant night was Monday and Thursday.  I believe this was similar on our Mardi Gras last year during it's 5th sailing that departed on a Sunday.

Regarding Uber - our trip from Port of Miami to Airport on UberX was $23 yesterday, which was very reasonable for the two of us with 4 large pieces of luggage.

Care to mention how the internet speed was?  I know it's bad but when you went to a website, did it eventually load or fail to load sometimes?

• Like 1

My wife had the lowest level (I think its called Social Media) and she as able to frequently use Facebook Messenger with little difference from being at home and messaging.  She also streamed Messenger video of Lido and some of the shows to our oldest daughter and she was able to see the ship and show pretty clearly.

A fellow cruiser had the Premier level and said it worked great with Zoom and Teams for some work meetings as well as pushing some large work files.  I didn't have them check up/down but it sounded like Premier was preforming well.   

• Like 1

Taxi from cruise terminal to Miami airport yesterday was $52 for 3 persons plus 6 pieces of luggage.  This included the 30% extra charge for a Van versus a Sedan.  Would expect 2 persons in sedan taxi to run about $36.  Celebration uses Terminal F and taxi line is just outside exit.  It was pouring rain yesterday when we disembarked Celebration and the area is covered so that we did not get wet walking to and getting into the taxi.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:32 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Care to mention how the internet speed was?  I know it's bad but when you went to a website, did it eventually load or fail to load sometimes?

I was on the Celebration TA and had the value plan.  It was very good.  No instances of outages all across the Atlantic, and speeds were decent.  Nothing to complain about.  Probably the best ship wifi ever for me.

• Like 1