Shore Excursion Credit

tartantiara

23 minutes ago, fshagan said:

One per stateroom. But I believe it's "per port", so you take the $50 off NCL excursions in each port.

I have done a morning excursion and afternoon excursion in the same port and gotten the $50 off both. Haven't read the T&Cs in awhile so don't know if that changed.

31 minutes ago, fshagan said:

One per stateroom. But I believe it's "per port", so you take the $50 off NCL excursions in each port.

We actually got it "per excursion". We are doing two excursions in one port on our upcoming trip and received the credit on both of them for the first person.

1 hour ago, SpanishForker said:

The $50 off is also only for the first person on the cabin reservation. So say the lead passenger doesn't want to go on the excursion the second person doesn't get the $50 off. 

Further clarifications:

ONLY the first person on the reservation gets the credits.

THAT person may take as many excursions, per port, as each port time may allow.

Furthermore, if any excursion costs less than $50, it is free.  However, NCL will not "give back the difference!"

Edited by ggTexasGal
changed wording
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SpanishForker said:

The $50 off is also only for the first person on the cabin reservation. So say the lead passenger doesn't want to go on the excursion the second person doesn't get the $50 off. 

What if the first person buys the excursion but then gives the excursion ticket to the second person?

Just now, ontheweb said:

Yes, obviously, but my real question is the $50 credit still valid, or do they check and say "wrong person, full price"?

Oh, ok. In our experience, no one at NCL checks the tickets. Typically, you'll gather at a designated meeting point ...theater, on the pier, etc.....you'll surrender your excursion ticket directly to the tour operator without the need to show photo ID, ship card etc. I assume the tour operator eventually submits the excursion tickets back to NCL to get paid.

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

It is not per port. Please be sure to actually review the terms and conditions before answering:

Source: https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Emphasis is mine, but this is the portion you circled (it's very hard to read with the messy highlighter):

"The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port."

So you could conceivably take two shore excursions in a port. as long as the times don't overlap, and have the $50 applied to both. But it is also "per port" rather than a single excursion during the entire cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fshagan said:

Emphasis is mine, but this is the portion you circled (it's very hard to read with the messy highlighter):

"The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port."

So you could conceivably take two shore excursions in a port. as long as the times don't overlap, and have the $50 applied to both. But it is also "per port" rather than a single excursion during the entire cruise.

Other than complimenting my pre-k art work, I'm not sure what you're asking...unless you were just giving me an A+ on the assignment, and not asking a question. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Other than complimenting my pre-k art work, I'm not sure what you're asking...unless you were just giving me an A+ on the assignment, and not asking a question. 

I said: "One per stateroom. But I believe it's "per port", so you take the $50 off NCL excursions in each port. "

You said:  "It is not per port. Please be sure to actually review the terms and conditions before answering: "

Kinda snippy.

I then quoted your source:

""The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port."

It is indeed "per port". It's the actual language in your source. Get it? Please be sure to actually review the terms and conditions before criticizing others.

6 hours ago, fshagan said:

I said: "One per stateroom. But I believe it's "per port", so you take the $50 off NCL excursions in each port. "

You said:  "It is not per port. Please be sure to actually review the terms and conditions before answering: "

Kinda snippy.

""The first guest may redeem the promotion of $50 Shore Excursion Credit on more than one shore excursion per port."

It is indeed "per port". It's the actual language in your source. Get it? Please be sure to actually review the terms and conditions before criticizing others.

I'm a snippy kind of guy. 

I'm not really feeling like reminding you, but here goes:

On 11/21/2022 at 3:26 PM, jeffw67 said:

That's true...it's one $50 credit per stateroom per port.

First, I wasn't responding to you (although your statement was wrong, as well). I quoted jeffw67 who was incorrect in his statement of "one $50 credit per stateroom per port." 

Kind of like that song by Carly Simon. 

On 11/21/2022 at 3:06 PM, fshagan said:

Of course we can dig a little deeper if you'd like and be super duper technical...you say "one per stateroom." Actually, that's not quite right either. It's not per stateroom. It's for the first guest on the reservation as stated in my source above. I didn't really think it was important to put that out there since you can kind of get away with reserving a shore excursion for someone else in the stateroom, but in the technical sense, that goes against the terms and conditions as I quoted in my A+ piece of art above.

So, to recap and actually answer the original poster's question, again: the terms and conditions allow you to use the $50 shore excursion credit for the first passenger on the reservation. This $50 shore excursion credit may be used multiple times in every single port that your ship goes to, so long as the shore excursions don't overlap. There is no per port limitation.

I wish you the snappiest of wishbones (may you pull the longer end) and a lovely Thanksgiving (if you celebrate our holiday of gluttony). 

7 hours ago, fshagan said:

Kinda snippy.

@fshaganYour highlighted words above most reasonable people would infer to be saying one credit per stateroom per port.  That is wrong because you can get multiple credits in each port.   

You write " It is indeed "per port" " - correct, but it is not one credit per port which is what your highlighted words imply.

@cruiseny4life's reminder to read the T&Cs is far from being snippy, especially when the statement you made implies incorrect information.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fshagan said:

But it is NOT per port.  There was an old promo where in fact the shorex credit was "per port" -- it could only be used once in a single port.  But that's long gone.  The current T&Cs are "per person"  -- the first person on the reservation is entitled to the credit, AND the credit can be used multiple times in each and every port, as long as the shorex in a port don't overlap in time. 

It's amazing how much incorrect information has been posted in this thread, especially when a simple reading of the T&Cs would answer the questions. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:29 PM, cruiseny4life said:

It is not per port. Please be sure to actually review the terms and conditions before answering:

image.thumb.png.000b62e8655b22384ad13d301aab0f39.png

Source: https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Sorry for not going into a long description of the exact terms and conditions. I was just answering a simple question with a simple answer. If you read the Op's question I think you will agree they just wanted to know if everyone in  the cabin received the $50 credit. 

• Like 1