Princess Plus or Princess Premium

Tiggipaws

This is a personal question only YOU can answer by reviewing the additional items and see if worth $25/pp/day to you.  MOST people posting on here believe the Plus package suits them with paying any difference between a drink or glass of wine they choose and the $12 limit in the Plus package.

For wife and I, neither package is worth it.

For me it's not worth it.  I get a variety of vodkas and my husband gets his crown royal.  There might be 2 or 3 times, I upgrade my wine but the plus wine is fine.  If I want specialty dining, I just book it ahead of time.  If you drink middle of the road liquor, You'll be fine on the plus.  

8 minutes ago, b7440 said:

Where can you find a lust of what is covered under which plan?

Almost any drink you might want is covered under Princess Plus. There are a few liquors that are over the limit but all of the "normal" or "regular" items are included. Premium is for folks who want higher priced wines. For the majority of people Plus is all that is needed. Personally I would never pay to upgrade to Premium. If I decide I want a wine or liquor that is over the 12 limit I can pay the difference plus 18%.

Premium is really only relevant for wine. Mixed drinks and specialty cocktails are almost all within the Plus Package. For Premium to be worthwhile, you’d have to figure on around $20 per person per day in wine upcharges. Since most of the better wines are in the $16 range, that comes to 5 glasses per day per person. Certainly doable, but on port days when you are off the ship, it can be a stretch. For a 7 day cruise, I would buy a $100 Princess Gift Card for $90 and apply that as OBC. With that $100 you are banking money that will cover 22 or 23 glasses of wine at a $4 surcharge. That is 3 glasses a day at a cost of $90. The upgrade charge for Premium would be $25 x 7, or $175. Subtract out the value of the Specialty Dining credit and you are still paying more for Premium. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Premium is really only relevant for wine. Mixed drinks and specialty cocktails are almost all within the Plus Package. For Premium to be worthwhile, you’d have to figure on around $20 per person per day in wine upcharges. Since most of the better wines are in the $16 range, that comes to 5 glasses per day per person. Certainly doable, but on port days when you are off the ship, it can be a stretch. For a 7 day cruise, I would buy a $100 Princess Gift Card for $90 and apply that as OBC. With that $100 you are banking money that will cover 22 or 23 glasses of wine at a $4 surcharge. That is 3 glasses a day at a cost of $90. The upgrade charge for Premium would be $25 x 7, or $175. Subtract out the value of the Specialty Dining credit and you are still paying more for Premium. 

We just pay the difference between the $12 allowance and the price of the glass of wine we like....usually $2-$4 dollars plus gratuity.  

• Like 1