Switching people in 2 rms with different perks, does perks follow person or stays with room?

kwokpot

We have 2 rooms booked with a BCC offer, one has all included, the other doesn't. We want to switch 2 people from one room to the other. Will the all included benefits move with the person booked or do they stay with the room?  

Edit: We were planning on notifying Guest relations of the swapping. 

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

What's the configuration of these two rooms?  How many people are currently in the AI room and how many are in the other? It might be beneficial to keep some people in the current room to retain the AI perks as changing their assignment to a non-AI room will remove their benefits. 

My husband, who is Sapphire level with BCC, was given a comped concierge veranda with all included. His players club level gives him a free classic beverage and and premium internet. We added my brother in law to his room. This will be his 1st Celebrity cruise. I was given a regular veranda (Solstice Mexican Rivera cruise) no added perks and lowest level, Pearl,with BCC,so no extra benefits,but my husband and I are both Elite+. I added my sister to my room, who also is new to Celebrity. 

So if the room gets the benefits I would have my sister & BIL stay in the Concierge room to use the included benefits. But if the benefits follow the original named person then it wouldn't matter who's in the Concierge room and my sister would share her husband's always included benefits in either room. I think I'm overthinking this 😁

Edited by kwokpot

2 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Moving people around to sleep together doesn't change their booking.  It just changes their keys to access the other rooms.  

So my husband and BIL would have always included benefits regardless of which room they are staying at is what you're saying? 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

My husband, who is Sapphire level with BCC, was given a comped concierge veranda with all included. His players club level gives him a free classic beverage and and premium internet. We added my brother in law to his room. This will be his 1st Celebrity cruise. I was given a regular veranda (Solstice Mexican Rivera cruise) no added perks and lowest level, Pearl,with BCC,so no extra benefits,but my husband and I are both Elite+. I added my sister to my room, who also is new to Celebrity. 

So if the room gets the benefits I would have my sister & BIL stay in the Concierge room to use the included benefits. But if the benefits follow the original named person then it wouldn't matter who's in the Concierge room and my sister would share her husband's always included benefits in either room. I think I'm overthinking this 😁

The benefits go with whoever is listed on the reservation. Swapping people or changing room cards onboard has no effect on AI benefits.

Note that your husband will need to stay listed as the primary passenger on the concierge room reservation, and the same goes for your cabin since these are BCC comps.

Based on what you've said, this is what I would do:

Call BCC and have your sister removed from your room and have her added to your husband's concierge room with your brother-in-law. Depending on the offer, there might be some added costs for adding a 3rd person or there might not. Check that this added cost is less than the price you'd be paying otherwise for a beverage package, internet, and gratuities (assuming she is looking pay for a beverage package otherwise).

After doing the above, you'll still have the two reservations, but only 1 person (you) listed in the veranda room and the three others in the concierge room.

Once onboard, you can go to guest services to have extra room cards printed so that everyone can access the room that people will end up staying in. Your seapass cards will still show your room number as on the reservation, but you'll now have additional cards for accessing the rooms. They may be able to reprogram the seapass cards to access the desired rooms, but I'm not sure of this. Either case requires a visit to guest services.

A bonus of doing this is that since you'll be traveling solo "on the books", you'll get double points (6 points per night instead of 3) and your sister will get 5 CC points per night instead of 3.

Let me know if this makes sense and how it shakes out for you.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The benefits go with whoever is listed on the reservation. Swapping people or changing room cards onboard has no effect on AI benefits.

Note that your husband will need to stay listed as the primary passenger on the concierge room reservation, and the same goes for your cabin since these are BCC comps.

Based on what you've said, this is what I would do:

Call BCC and have your sister removed from your room and have her added to your husband's concierge room with your brother-in-law. Depending on the offer, there might be some added costs for adding a 3rd person or there might not. Check that this added cost is less than the price you'd be paying otherwise for a beverage package, internet, and gratuities (assuming she is looking pay for a beverage package otherwise).

After doing the above, you'll still have the two reservations, but only 1 person (you) listed in the veranda room and the three others in the concierge room.

Once onboard, you can go to guest services to have extra room cards printed so that everyone can access the room that people will end up staying in. Your seapass cards will still show your room number as on the reservation, but you'll now have additional cards for accessing the rooms. They may be able to reprogram the seapass cards to access the desired rooms, but I'm not sure of this. Either case requires a visit to guest services.

A bonus of doing this is that since you'll be traveling solo "on the books", you'll get double points (6 points per night instead of 3) and your sister will get 5 CC points per night instead of 3.

Let me know if this makes sense and how it shakes out for you.

Thank you for thinking that through. It's a rather complicated plan, though and neither cabin can currently hold 3 guests. I think the easiest thing to do is not say anything and just have my brother in law stay in my cabin and I stay in my husband's.. Maybe we will ask guest relations for one extra key for each room. 

Edited by kwokpot

On 11/23/2022 at 3:47 PM, kwokpot said:

But if the benefits follow the original named person then it wouldn't matter who's in the Concierge room and my sister would share her husband's always included benefits in either room.

Just an FYI - AI benefits cannot be shared.  So if your sister is in a room that is a cruise only fare, she would not have the benefit of a beverage package (or gratuities), and her husband would not be able to share his benefits with her.  The only AI benefit her husband could share with her would be the 1 device internet plan and they would have to take turns, both couldn't be on at the same time.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Just an FYI - AI benefits cannot be shared.  So if your sister is in a room that is a cruise only fare, she would not have the benefit of a beverage package (or gratuities), and her husband would not be able to share his benefits with her.  The only AI benefit her husband could share with her would be the 1 device internet plan and they would have to take turns, both couldn't be on at the same time.

Yes, I knew that but thanks for the reminder. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Thank you for thinking that through. It's a rather complicated plan, though and neither cabin can currently hold 3 guests. I think the easiest thing to do is not say anything and just have my brother in law stay in my cabin and I stay in my husband's.. Maybe we will ask guest relations for one extra key for each room. 

No problem. Have a nice cruise.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I have always seen that you can get a sea pass for key only use once on board. That way you can stay as booked but sleep where your want.

Good to know, I've never really had the occasion to need extra keys unless I've lost one. Additionally I've also never had the need to switch around people in cabins, hence this thread. The benefits are really not the concern but just getting the couples together in the same room.