Hotel cruise-n-park shuttle times vs arrival appointment

movtarget

Although my port is Charleston, could also be a generic port Carnival embarkation timing question.

I have an 11:30-12:00 arrival appointment for 12/5 Carnival Sunshine sailing out of Charleston. My available hotel shuttle pickup times were 10:30 or 11:30 (plus others). I chose 10:30, which will likely put me arriving by shuttle sometime before my arrival appointment, but variable, depending on other hotel stops along the way (if any). If I get there by shuttle early, will they just ask us to wait a little while? I assume it's not like when you drive and they tell you to come back later.

Anyone have experience with this? (Holiday Inn Express US Hwy 17 & I-526)

Maybe, maybe not.  It varies from port to port and even cruise to cruise.  The people who are checking the tickets for arrival times don't know how you got there.  

I certainly wouldn't count on being able to get into the terminal early, especially if you would not handle waiting outside very well (i.e., heat, standing, impatience, etc.)

Edited by staceyglow

I wouldn't worry.  Charleston is a secondary port and the part time employees checking you in probably don't follow all of the rules to a T.  Things vary from port to port.  If you're scheduled to leave the hotel at 1030, you may not get to the ship till close to 1100, only a half hour early.  Worst case is that you stand around for 20-30 minutes, best case is you embark slightly early.

If it were me, I would plan on having to wait until my scheduled check-in time. If, by chance, they allowed me to check-in early, then life is good. If they don't, I'm prepared.

If it was a huge concern of mine, I would just order up a cab or an uber or a lyft so I could arrive at the appointed time. Just because a shuttle service is offered, does not mean I'm obligated to take it.