CruiseNext Certificates & usage

mitsugirly

I have several CruiseNext Certificates that I haven't used and I remember (at times) you would be able to use more than 1 on a single booking. Are they still doing that? If so, how can you tell if a booking will allow you to use more than one? Or are those days long gone now? TIA

45 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I have several CruiseNext Certificates that I haven't used and I remember (at times) you would be able to use more than 1 on a single booking. Are they still doing that? If so, how can you tell if a booking will allow you to use more than one? Or are those days long gone now? TIA

You can usually see the specials regarding CruiseNext certs when you log into your Latitudes account. Sometimes it is 6 months in advance and balcony or higher and other times it may be any size cabin and any booking date.  It really does vary. They had a 2 certificate promo for any size cabin for months after the restart. I also sometimes do a mock booking, add one certificate and then see if it will let me add another. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (I usually book studios or insides since I am a solo cruiser).  If you have a PCC, they can help you also.

You can currently use 2 on any cruise more than 6 months out, through 11/28. After that, who knows, it's been only balconies and above, 6 months out, for a long time.

Terms are usually with the CruiseNext T&Cs  but for some reason they are currently listed under the promo T&Cs which is probably why people aren't necessarily seeing it.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your help. 

I'm still left a little confused. According to my account on NCL, it says that I have 8 cruise certificates and I'm left scratching my head about them. I know there's no way I bought that many on my last cruise because I had started cruising with other companies at that point. Did they add some during covid? I also see a Your 10% Off Coupon – Latitudes Cruise, Norwegian Escape, April 16th 2023??

What and where did that come from? Is that saying I get an additional 10% off if I cruise only the Escape? 

I'm left scratching my head at this point. 

That "Escape" discount was mentioned in another thread, but most who saw it appear also so it disappear.  This all in the last few days. 

Regarding your CNs, I think I had what looked like extras, but, 1/2 of them were used for a Covid cancelled cruise, replaced by new ones.  So, I really only had 1/2 as many as I could see in my account.  Or something like that - sorry I don't remember the exact details.  Bottom line- if you had a Covid cancelled cruise that you had used CNs on, it might be related.

Always check the NCL Ts&Cs online before booking since policies change frequently.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisefirst

If the link doesn't work, go to NCL website, look under Cruise Deals tab, then select CruiseFirst. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to NCLs Promotions Terms and Conditions document. The Ts&Cs page shows everything - CruiseFirst, Cruise Next, Latitudes etc.

At present you cannot combine CruiseNext and Cruise First. I don't believe this has ever been possible.

As julig22 posted, you can use two CruiseNext certificates for any cabin type booked six months out booked by 28Nov22. It is likely to revert to balconies only after that date.

Tip for everyone, keep a separate record of your CruiseNext/CruiseFirst certificate numbers, amounts, expiration date and which was used for a booking. Your booking document will not show which certificate was used, only that a CN or CF certificate was used. Particularly helpful if you (or NCL) cancels a cruise and restores a certificate. The restored certificate may have a new number and a new expiration date.  Helpful if you have multiple certificates and want to confirm that it was restored.

I booked a cruise yesterday and it gave me the option to use 2 CruiseNext certificates. It brought my total owed price down by the $500. It ask if I wanted to pay in full (the reduced price after 2 certs used) or if I wanted to defer it and pay $0. I deferred it (so that I could transfer my booking to my TA) and then at the end and when I received confirmation it stated that one of the certs had trouble applying and the price went back up by $250. 

Anyone know why or what's going on and why it didn't apply?

49 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I booked a cruise yesterday and it gave me the option to use 2 CruiseNext certificates. It brought my total owed price down by the $500. It ask if I wanted to pay in full (the reduced price after 2 certs used) or if I wanted to defer it and pay $0. I deferred it (so that I could transfer my booking to my TA) and then at the end and when I received confirmation it stated that one of the certs had trouble applying and the price went back up by $250. 

Anyone know why or what's going on and why it didn't apply?

When is the cruise? It has to be at least 6 months from now.

3 hours ago, Portia! said:

Always check the NCL Ts&Cs online before booking since policies change frequently.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#cruisefirst

If the link doesn't work, go to NCL website, look under Cruise Deals tab, then select CruiseFirst. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to NCLs Promotions Terms and Conditions document. The Ts&Cs page shows everything - CruiseFirst, Cruise Next, Latitudes etc.

At present you cannot combine CruiseNext and Cruise First. I don't believe this has ever been possible.

As julig22 posted, you can use two CruiseNext certificates for any cabin type booked six months out booked by 28Nov22. It is likely to revert to balconies only after that date.

Tip for everyone, keep a separate record of your CruiseNext/CruiseFirst certificate numbers, amounts, expiration date and which was used for a booking. Your booking document will not show which certificate was used, only that a CN or CF certificate was used. Particularly helpful if you (or NCL) cancels a cruise and restores a certificate. The restored certificate may have a new number and a new expiration date.  Helpful if you have multiple certificates and want to confirm that it was restored.

Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

When is the cruise? It has to be at least 6 months from now.

It's in April so not quite 6 months. 

If it has to be 6 months before in order to use 2 certificates, why did it give me the option to click 2 of them that I had? It grayed out the other 6 on the list. Then gave me a price with using both certificates. 🤔

11 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

If it has to be 6 months before in order to use 2 certificates, why did it give me the option to click 2 of them that I had? It grayed out the other 6 on the list. Then gave me a price with using both certificates. 🤔

Because the system checks the validity of payments after you enter the information.  It's set up to allow two, assuming you can use two. Otherwise you'd have to make two separate payments, which is how it used to be. 

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Did you book the Escape for April 16 so you could use the 10% off?