I can't and RC can't cancel Unlimited Dining Plan

Dlarruso

I purchased UDP a while ago. Black Friday sales roll out and its 50% off UDP. I go to cancel last week. Error - unable to cancel. I call them, they and they say they can't cancel either. Not to worry thought system error should be fixed in 24 hours. Of course not fixed. Try 100 times a day online. Call every other day. Same message but told not to worry the sale prices go till 11/25 and it will be fixed by then.

Now the 25th and not fixed. I call back again. They confirm they cant cancel and that their has been a ticket open on the item to IT. They tell me their are a ton of tickets with people having the same problem. I explain to them that once they fix the problem and are able to cancel the sale price will no longer be available and could even be higher than what I paid. I asked if they would honor the Black Friday price at that time. They said no - if that isn't the price at the time they can re-book they can't honor it. I asked if they could just give me some type of credit for the price difference and just leave as is. They said no. I asked if there is any kind of recourse or consideration to fix this. They said there is nothing they can do. They did apologize for the inconvenience though!

I got a screen capture of the sale price, maybe I can escalate it later but I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

How much cheaper is the final actual price after the 50% discount?

many of my UDP prices went up with 50% off.

I save $271.36 (for total party of 5) with black friday sale. It's a 9 day cruise

• Like 2

Just now, dada2199cc said:

That’s a big savings!  Does it include the 18% tip they add before checking out?

Yeah I paid $282.94 per person now $236.99 before gratuity. Gratuity added in to difference and I would have saved is $271.36. If it was a $100 difference - whatever- move on. But this is a pretty big difference. 

$236.99 plus gratuity is $279.64 so it’s a savings of a few bucks each?  CP purchases usually end in either .99 or an even dollar amount before gratuity so I think the $282.94 included gratuities?

Edited by poocher

I was just reading another thread on another forum about someone who wasn't able to cancel and rebook an excursion nor could the customer service department. It seems like this issue you're experiencing is really widespread.

if I were you I'd find the company contact for RCL guest services (it's out there, i on a certain elliott site, but I'm not sure if I can link it on here) and email them with a brief description (i mean brief- use very few words and bullet points if needed) of the problem and the fact that they haven't been able to solve this for you via normal channels. Include what you reasonably would like them to do to resolve it as well.

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

No. The system recognizes you already have it booked and doesn’t let you book more than one per person. 

Understand. I’ve done it for 5 night dinning and internet, but I guess unlimited times 2 is unlimited, so I guess they block that one

Update - Resolved

Thanks to a suggestion on here I sent an email to an RC Executive with a very short message. They were agreeable to granting me the price difference in pre-cruise credit in my account. I was surprised that it was resolved within 24 hours of me emailing but its true! Thanks Cruise Critic Friends.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dlarruso said:

Update - Resolved

Thanks to a suggestion on here I sent an email to an RC Executive with a very short message. They were agreeable to granting me the price difference in pre-cruise credit in my account. I was surprised that it was resolved within 24 hours of me emailing but its true! Thanks Cruise Critic Friends.

What i find unbelievable is that it takes a letter to the executive office for a solution thst is so simple, easy to implement and that every front line supervisor should be able to do.  

• Like 2