Do you already have other plans, so can't book a current cruise you'd love to cruise on?

I just saw a cruise in Australia, which I'd love to book, if I didn't already have other plans  This is the second time recently.  Following Covid border closures, lockdowns etc. I'm feel free to travel again.  I have something booked for the next five months, and have just returned from five weeks in Parramatta. 

I'm wondering if that is the situation with other cruisers as well?

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, work always gets in the way. It is nearly a month since we disembarked a cruise, and I would like to be back aboard.

You've just had some good cruises.  I forgot about work.  It is just a memory.  However, I managed to travel all my working life.  We were expert at including public holidays to make our recreation and long service leave last longer.  

10 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Yep even though on Royal I would of snapped up those Lomanosa deals. Could of done all 5 for the cost of Xmas cruise.  🤑

Wow five cruises for the cost of one!  I doubt we'll see deals like this again.  Or maybe we will receive specials like Americans do.  However, I hope they offer "no single supplement" to solo passengers when their ships aren't full.  

10 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

It's not without a little envy that I am reading about everyone getting into multiple cruises. ATM I have two booked, one for Jan 23 and Jun 23.

For two reasons I don't think I'll be booking any more for next year.

First is that I am a destinations cruiser and I've done pretty much most of all the Ozcentric ones, some more than once.

Second is, in the last two years I have invested close to $30k in new sailboard equipment and, at age 74, I need to get the most out of it while still fit enough and sailboarding is what keeps me fit.

Six weeks away in August and September this year has set me back and, for the last four weeks, bursitis in my right shoulder. A cortisone injection last week seems to have done the trick and I'm back on the water without too much discomfort.

Oh, there is a Third reason, my travelling/cruising companion has had enough of weeks away from home, pet poodle, young grandchildren so, if I do travel, it looks like being solo and I'm not real keen on that. My late wife and I travelled a lot with her and her family over many years in Oz and abroad so I will miss the company but we still see each other.

So, apart from the two cruises, I have no other plans for 2023 except to keep sailing (and working on and riding my bikes but that's another story).

Edited by lyndarra
spelling typo