The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday November 26th, 2022

richwmn

Today is International Cake Day, National Law Day, and Small Business Saturday

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever--Nicholas Sparks

Meal Suggestion for today - French Onion Soup
Drink of the Day - Hurricane
Wine of the Day - Quinta do Crasto 2018 Vintage (Port) Portugal
Destination of the Day - Halong Bay, Vietnam

Eurodam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 15:00 - 23:00

Koningsdam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/27

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Manta, Ecuador eta 11/27

Rotterdam

Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 07:00 - 20:00

Volendam

Cruising the Amazon River Cruising Only

Zaandam

Luderitz, Namibia 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 11/27

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Broome WA, Kimberley, Western Australia 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia Depart 5:00 PM

1126World.thumb.png.bfeb17557d4c0a4db62488fba5fbe7b1.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12

Good Saturday morning.

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

It's a supposed to get up to 9°C (48°) and sunny this afternoon, so I think we'll put the Christmas lights on shrubs in the front yard today. 

@seagarsmoker Thanks for the update, glad you are feeling better.

Great collection of days.  I love cake, National Law Day is a great day to celebrate and I support small businesses.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good.   I'm sure the drink is tasty, hope the wine isn't too expensive.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Another nice day in Punta Gorda, sunny and a high of 85.

Good selection of days. 

Every once in awhile I'll read a Nicholas Sparks book for a change of pace from the usual mystery and espionage books I read, I'm sure the quote is a line from one of his books.

IMHO the French Onion soup on Holland America and Princess Ships is excellent.

The US did what they needed to do with a 0-0 tie against England, now they have to beat Iran on Tuesday to advance to the round of 16. The bad news is the American team is having trouble scoring with only 1 goal in 2 games, they'll have to step it up against Iran.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Hurricane cocktail:

Ingredients
2 ounces light rum
2 ounces dark rum
1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ounce passion fruit puree
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1 teaspoon grenadine
Garnish: orange half-wheel
Garnish: preserved cherry

Steps
Add the light and dark rums, lime and orange juices, passion fruit puree, simple syrup and grenadine into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a large Hurricane glass over fresh ice.
Garnish with an orange half-wheel and a preserved cherry.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 6.49.12 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon.

It is sunny here today.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

Everyone should follow the law.

We should all support small business if possible.

I like cream cakes and carrot 🍰 and walnut and banana loaf.

Pauline likes French onion soup.

Never been to today's port.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Graham.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!  I think I will be putting up the lights outside today.   The inside stuff will get done after December 1st.  The drink sounds really good and I absolutely love French Onion  soup.  I've never been to today's port.  I totally support small businesses.  I try not to break any laws.  

• Like 22

18 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Another nice day in Punta Gorda, sunny and a high of 85.

Good selection of days. 

Every once in awhile I'll read a Nicholas Sparks book for a change of pace from the usual mystery and espionage books I read, I'm sure the quote is a line from one of his books.

IMHO the French Onion soup on Holland America and Princess Ships is excellent.

The US did what they needed to do with a 0-0 tie against England, now they have to beat Iran on Tuesday to advance to the round of 16. The bad news is the American team is having trouble scoring with only 1 goal in 2 games, they'll have to step it up against Iran.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day.

I thought USA were the better side.

Football is about goals.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I'll celebrate all 3 of the days with a special salute to small businesses.  I was in Halong Bay once in 2012 on the Zaandam.  I love the Sparks quote but will pass on the Onion Soup.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gaspacho and Penne Frecasca my first dinner on the Prinsendam Amazon Explorer November 26, 2013.

Today’s care list:

Mamaofami grandson with Covid and Carol possibly exposed
Jazzyv canceling cruise due to friend’s hospitalization
Safe travels for those returning home
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in
Cruisin Terri continuing autoimmune flareup
From the rotation:
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Cruisin Terri leak damage

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Statendam in Everglades

ns1126.thumb.JPG.34420408fcc375650aa6835368f705af.JPG
A new Elliott Rose photo
Segarsmoker starting to feel better
6 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS, 12/1 to 12/9)
2 days for SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess 11/28 to 12/12)
Bon Voyage Ichiban Nekko and Himself (Nieuw Statendam 11/26 to 12/3)
Welcome home GTVCRUISER
Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam  to 11/30),  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/1223) at sea

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  I'll celebrate all 3 of the days with a special salute to small businesses.  I was in Halong Bay once in 2012 on the Zaandam.  I love the Sparks quote but will pass on the Onion Soup.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gaspacho and Penne Frecasca my first dinner on the Prinsendam Amazon Explorer November 26, 2013.

Today’s care list:

Mamaofami grandson with Covid and Carol possibly exposed
Jazzyv canceling cruise due to friend’s hospitalization
Safe travels for those returning home
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in
Cruisin Terri continuing autoimmune flareup
From the rotation:
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Cruisin Terri leak damage

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Statendam in Everglades

ns1126.thumb.JPG.34420408fcc375650aa6835368f705af.JPG
A new Elliott Rose photo
Segarsmoker starting to feel better
6 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS, 12/1 to 12/9)
2 days for SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess 11/28 to 12/12)
Bon Voyage Ichiban Nekko and Himself (Nieuw Statendam 11/26 to 12/3)
Welcome home GTVCRUISER
Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam  to 11/30),  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/1223) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's updated lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  It is 9:30 am here in the what the cruise line calls the Barra Norte Sea and later into the Barra Norte River.  I plan on attending the port talk for Alter do Chao and Parintins at 11 am.  Last night we finally found a decent table away from constant traffic and two very nice and seemingly experienced waiters.  Only took a week!  They tell us early seating is packed and we are in a half empty dining room for late dining. 

Happy to hear @seagarsmokeris feeling better.  It does sound like the USA soccer (football) team needs some scorers.  I'd send Ren and friend Colton to help out but they are not grown men yet and need a little aging on them.  I haven't mentioned it but Ren and Colton were spotted by scouts and invited to Dallas to train for a week with the professional soccer team there.  They went with their mother's as guardians two weeks ago and the team have offered them a spot on their youth league team  Big decision whether they want to move down there.  No decision yet because other teams are considering them too. 

I was able to update my spreadsheet this morning on DH's computer and noted that yesterday's port of Vigo, Spain was a repeat from Feb. 14, 2022.  Today's port of Halong Bay, Vietnam was our port on Dec. 13, 2021.  I have not been there but Lenda has so if she doesn't have time to post I will be happy to do it for her later.  It might be after the port talk though.

I think I'll order Onion soup for dinner this evening to get into the spirit of the day.  Prayers for all on the Care list and cheers to the happy celebrants and cruisers.  Thanks to Rich and Roy, Dixie, Ann and Debbie and all others who contribute here each day.  Make it a great Saturday folks!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Hurricane cocktail:

Ingredients
2 ounces light rum
2 ounces dark rum
1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ounce passion fruit puree
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1 teaspoon grenadine
Garnish: orange half-wheel
Garnish: preserved cherry

Steps
Add the light and dark rums, lime and orange juices, passion fruit puree, simple syrup and grenadine into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a large Hurricane glass over fresh ice.
Garnish with an orange half-wheel and a preserved cherry.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 6.49.12 AM.png

I guess this drink will blow you away! 😀

• Like 8
  • Haha 9

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! A gloomy start to this morning. But it seems the sun is about to break through. I am missing breakfast with the gang. 

Thanks for taking care of our lists, Roy! I finished my laundry-thon at 9:45 last night. I can enjoy a quiet early morning with coffee. Then Zumba, Bindi walks, and having a friend and her daughter who’s visiting from Virginia over for scallops, roasted squash & sweet potatoes, salad and wine. I also have some dark sea salt chocolate, if we want. And wine. 

I need to remember this for next year….

19A1D653-2880-4EC5-A0CF-C665FD4DE847.jpeg.607bba0a5bed3e0d4fa9e8bdab6dae58.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Quinta do Crasto 2018 Vintage (Port)

Lots of consumer fans, and at least one critic gives this Port a superb rating. Several online distributors with prices starting at $53.76.

95 pts Wine Spectator - Opaque in color, it presents spice notes in the nose and is well integrated with fresh aromas of wild Douro fruits. In the mouth, it presents a vigorous attack, evolving into a wine of great solidity and concentration, of compact structure, where massive tannins dominate, but of elegant texture, in perfect integration with retro nasal aromas of wild fruit. A captivating wine that ends in a vibrant way, very persistent and with extraordinary potential for aging in the bottle.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the fleet update and general info,

Short cruise story which I title,

HAL goes to JAIL

Oh no, is it true? NO. I was watching on Tv this week on the channel REELZ, reruns of the series called JAIL. The series goes to a local Jail, usually in Las Vegas, and shows actual events that happen at nite. Well, on this episode that was recorded way back in 2007, the show was at my local Jail in Hillsborough County, Florida. No, By calling it my local Jail, I have not booked a stay. When the shows opens it shows a 5 second view on downtown Tampa then the very next view is the Port of Tampa and Holland America ship; looked like the Ryndam or Veendam, then the very next video is the jail. So HAL made it to JAIL! 😀

• Like 9
  • Haha 12

Good morning.I will salute the days and like the quote.We have not been to the port. I tried to nake French Onion soup and it was a spectacular  kitchen fail.I told DH he needed to be on a BHB to have it again.

My New Hampshire family is heading home today.It has been a joy to have everyone  together.Tana seemed to brighten up with extra people to talk to.My  DGC spent a lot of time with her and I heard a lot of laughter. 

@seagarsmoker,I am happy to hear that you feel better.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, that is very exciting news about the soccer players.I am sure everyone  is very proud of them.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope your friends ' dad is doing as well as possible.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone and thank-you for the daily report.  Yum, cake day.  Laws are important for orderly societies.  Hats off to all of the small businesses, the engines of our economies.  Nice quote.  I’ll be ready for some of today’s meal suggestion after we go Christmas tree shopping.  The drink sounds nice too.  I haven’t been to today’s port but hop to visit Vietnam some day.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 22

Good morning to all.  Happy Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Finally all the packing is done and we are ready to go with the repairs.  I went to our house yesterday and there is not even a chair on which to sit.  You guessed it, didn’t stay long.

Maybe I can finally get some rest.

I have still be working on changing my email address.  i have had no luck on adding my email to my signature.  @JazzyV Thank you for your suggestion but I could not get it to work.  If anyone else can offer any help I would appreciate it.

Today it is 57 degrees right now and promises to go up to the high 60s with sunshine.  DH and I may go look at new living room furniture.  I have had my eye on something for a while but have not had the time to get to the store to look at it.

I have gotten the flare up under control and plan to reduce the Prednisone dosage (again!) starting tomorrow).  Thank you Roy for keeping me on the cares list but I think you can remove me from there.

I like the collection of days and I like the meal. French Onion Soup is one of my favorites.

Will pass on the drink and the wine is a bit above my budget.

Never been to the port.

I like the Nicholas Sparks quote.

@StLouisCruisers Hope you are enjoying your cruise and how nice that your Soccer players are being considered.  

@JazzyVi am sorry that you are missing your cruise.  I hope your friend’s family member is recovering.

@seagarsmokerglad you are feeling better.

@smitty34877Hope you are doing okay and that both Tana and your DH and holding their own.  Hope you can get some rest.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  

Have a wonderful Saturday, stay safe and 

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a great day in mid-Michigan today.  Sunny skies and temps into the mid 50s have inspired us to head to the Chippewa Nature Center and do some hiking.  You have to do it while you can.  Once the snow starts in earnest I will be back at the gym.  

We had a nice visit yesterday from Sister Barb and her DH on their way from their lake house to the condo near Detroit. They are celebrating Thanksgiving with their kids today.  Sister Mary Jo showed up with her new puppy, Rita.  Everyone enjoyed themselves and Rita found a new friend in Sue.  

I love onion soup.   This first recipe says the key to a good onion soup is in the beef stock  you use.  If you don't like the taste of the beef stock, don't use it.  I personally don't make enough beef dishes to have the scraps to make my own stock, so I'll have to rely on the grocery store stuff, but some is better than others.  https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/french_onion_soup/

152082429_onionsoup1.thumb.jpg.d6a4d8fbcb9ace0909ace3ec25ee9b78.jpg

The next most important thing in making a good onion soup is to be patient and caramelize those onions well.  Don't just soften them.  Get them to that rich, caramel color.  And, be sure to deglaze the pan you cooked them in.  There is a lot of flavor there!

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/classic-french-onion-soup/

1376787007_Onionsoup2.thumb.jpg.8c8c85e79b8e99aab60566ddf9921645.jpg

This last recipe is Tyler Florence's contribution from the Food Network.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/french-onion-soup-recipe2-1947434

54636796_onionsoup3.thumb.jpeg.735c3723b93f0577497548d360c86e43.jpeg

Lastly, you can also make onion soup with red onions.  It adds a nice twist to the dish.   https://www.myrelationshipwithfood.com/red-onion-soup/

1191206548_onionsoup4.thumb.jpg.032e02c02e376222df23b146f11e4802.jpg

Prayers for those who are ailing and especially that Carol @mamaofami does not catch Covid.  Cheers to those celebrating, especially on a BHB.   Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

31 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It does sound like the USA soccer (football) team needs some scorers.  I'd send Ren and friend Colton to help out but they are not grown men yet and need a little aging on them.  I haven't mentioned it but Ren and Colton were spotted by scouts and invited to Dallas to train for a week with the professional soccer team there.  They went with their mother's as guardians two weeks ago and the team have offered them a spot on their youth league team  Big decision whether they want to move down there.  No decision yet because other teams are considering them too. 

Sandi

How exciting for Ren & his friend! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning fellow Daily-ites. My niece is in labor!! Can't wait for the little one to pop out! 

Thanks to all who contribute. Sandi glad you finally found a decent table and crew. Hope you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing the adorable picture of daddy and Elliott Rose.

I was shocked awake about 3 am with lots of thunder and pouring rain. The wind was crazy. I will go check things out when it gets light. I'm sure our Christmas star has blown down.

I agree HAL makes a fine onion soup and it's my favorite. 

I think I have all my packing done. I added a few more shirts, but don't think I really need them. HAL has a great laundry system but I don't know if I want to spend 6 weeks with 7 tops..? That's a question to our longer cruisers. What do you think?

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend. Remember to support our small businesses today.

image.png.2e3e1d8692280c4029edcd257406ac66.png

• Like 22

Good morning from a very wet and cool (55F) central Texas.  The last time I looked at DH's weather station yesterday, the gauges showed just a small amount of rain.  It is now showing 1.22 inches.  And our roof leaked overnight.  The leak is over some of the cookies that are partially decorated, so at about 6 am I covered all the cookies with plastic wrap.

I will celebrate international cake day, but I won't be eating any since we have key lime pie and plenty of cookies.  National Law Day is good, and I try to support small business when possible.  In fact, I supported our local service station yesterday to have the new wheel and tire put on the car.  The wheel and tire damaged by the lost firewood were both ruined.  Part of the trim on the outside of the wheel broke off, and the tire had a large cut completely through the sidewall.

Today's quote is one we all should remember.

We get French Onion soup on BHBs.  I'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were lucky to visit Ha Long Bay on October 25, 2018, on Coral Princess.  I'll repost my pictures that were posted on December 13, 2021.

@seagarsmoker  I'm happy the meds are helping and you are feeling better.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, how nice for Ren and Colton to be invited by a professional team to join their youth league.

@cat shepard  Ann, that meme applies to me most nights.

@smitty34877  Terry, one of my kitchen failures was also French onion soup.  Even though I followed the recipe exactly, it turned out way to greasy.  Now, we have it on BHBs.  I'm glad Tana brightened with all the visitors and how nice for DGC to spend time with her.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that is good news the repairs can finally start, and that you can begin reducing the prednisone. I hope the furniture is exactly what you want.

@JazzyV  I hope things have improved with BFF's DF.  Wishing all of you the best.

@dfish  Debbie, enjoy your hike, and all your visitors.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, since you are shipping your luggage and have room, add those extra tops.  I probably over pack, but I get sick of wearing the same few things on long cruises.  My motto is: if there's room and the suitcase is not overweight, pack it.

In 2018, the Coral Princess called at Ha Long Bay.  Just a couple of weeks before the cruise began, they were able to add a tour to Hanoi, as a new toll road had just opened.  The new road cut the travel time from 4-6 hours down to two hours.  The pictures are just a few of the almost 200 I took that day.

The first two are of Ha Long Bay as we sailed into port.  Next time, we'll do a tour of Ha Long Bay.

DSC05134.thumb.JPG.cd5ad745bdbe5487dff7c6fb759a2988.JPG

DSC05139.thumb.JPG.f168fcb8a322b636671c840f748b96fe.JPG

A couple of street scenes taken from the bus.

DSC05180.thumb.JPG.94d061d634583de65170af84a1baf96b.JPG

DSC05287.thumb.JPG.19ea829b2a8f58b6c5083a6554bdbc2c.JPG

We did a walking tour that included narrow streets with small shops.  Whenever our guide wanted us to stay together crossing busy streets, he would call out "Sticky rice".

DSC05191.thumb.JPG.3d5faaf8a8ad9a256dba4a5b53bc2c84.JPG

DSC05195.thumb.JPG.b71fc788b79082b50689d8531cffe838.JPG

DSC05198.thumb.JPG.5776af63e00ffb8590c628586c8177f9.JPG

An example of modern wiring  🤣 in the narrow market streets.  

DSC05196.thumb.JPG.080b3da8d3df4ffeac310b44593d02bc.JPG

After a wonderful lunch at a local restaurant, we toured an old palace and temple.  Then we went to see the grounds of the Presidential Palace and other government buildings.  The first is  Ho Chi Minh's tomb, which we were not allowed to enter.

DSC05292.thumb.JPG.934f16f0f28ab08df8a60087d2bcc7ea.JPG

Gardeners trimming bushes on the grounds

DSC05290.thumb.JPG.984fbf1c2ad9fbb292d5a7655ff3de27.JPG

The Presidential Palace

DSC05295.thumb.JPG.d821fda5c2d4a2b9d71c9a078a2b4557.JPG

Ho Chi Minh did not spend much time in the palace, but preferred to live in this open air house on the grounds.  It is quite a simple building.

DSC05303.thumb.JPG.20ff06156b0dd6693ea64d206988c098.JPG

DSC05304.thumb.JPG.2afe13dae90ff601f42bdf36c1db23ef.JPG

DSC05306.thumb.JPG.c8beff71075aa6b27135ad5985f83fcc.JPG

The next two pictures are the Hanoi Hilton where John McCain and other US prisoners were held.  All that remains for the prison are the outside walls.  The rest has been completely redone.

DSC05236.thumb.JPG.8ddeb790137e68ca697a85894265f26e.JPG

DSC05237.thumb.JPG.2b6b9a70c4cb86160a16d62a9065ea51.JPG

The Vietnamese hold John McCain in great esteem and built this monument to him on the site where his plane crashed.

DSC05316.thumb.JPG.8709f247b08d9094cea322d07a6aa7e1.JPG

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning.I will salute the days and like the quote.We have not been to the port. I tried to nake French Onion soup and it was a spectacular  kitchen fail.I told DH he needed to be on a BHB to have it again.

My New Hampshire family is heading home today.It has been a joy to have everyone  together.Tana seemed to brighten up with extra people to talk to.My  DGC spent a lot of time with her abd I heard a lot of laughter. 

@seagarsmoker,I am happy to hear that you feel better.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, that is very exciting news about the soccer players.I am sure everyone  is very proud of them.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope your friends ' dad is doing as well as possible.

11 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.  Happy Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Finally all the packing is done and we are ready to go with the repairs.  I went to our house yesterday and there is not even a chair on which to sit.  You guessed it, didn’t stay long.

Maybe I can finally get some rest.

I have still be working on changing my email address.  i have had no luck on adding my email to my signature.  @JazzyV Thank you for your suggestion but I could not get it to work.  If anyone else can offer any help I would appreciate it.

Today it is 57 degrees right now and promises to go up to the high 60s with sunshine.  DH and I may go look at new living room furniture.  I have had my eye on something for a while but have not had the time to get to the store to look at it.

I have gotten the flare up under control and plan to reduce the Prednisone dosage (again!) starting tomorrow).  Thank you Roy for keeping me on the cares list but I think you can remove me from there.

I like the collection of days and I like the meal. French Onion Soup is one of my favorites.

Will pass on the drink and the wine is a bit above my budget.

Never been to the port.

I like the Nicholas Sparks quote.

@StLouisCruisers Hope you are enjoying your cruise and how nice that your Soccer players are being considered.  

@JazzyVi am sorry that you are missing your cruise.  I hope your friend’s family member is recovering.

@seagarsmokerglad you are feeling better.

@smitty34877Hope you are doing okay and that both Tana and your DH and holding their own.  Hope you can get some rest.

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  

Have a wonderful Saturday, stay safe and 

God Bless,

Terri

7 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi

How exciting for Ren & his friend! 

Terry, Terri, and Ann, I agree it's exciting news for those two boys.  They are only 15 and have a few years before the professional teams would put them on their team, but they would be training with them preparing for the "major leagues".  My only concern is they would not be going to college.  Colton is fine with that but I think his whole life Ren expected to go to college.  He has parents with Ph.D.s as well as two grandparents and two aunts with Ph.D.s so academia has been a part of his life since birth. 

Ren and Colton are big time scorers, and since they've joined the Jaguars that team has shot up in the rankings because of them.  Their former Scottish coach taught the Tigers to go into every game expecting to win, and they did almost every time.  I'm not surprised the scouts were impressed.  Such a big decision to make though.

• Like 21

Good morning, all! In spite of good intentions, I haven’t been on the Daily in forever. 
We were supposed to be in Luderitz today, but the high winds had other plans. DH and I took a five day overland safari in Kruger from Maputo to Cape Town. We’ve never been to Africa before - it is amazing!

BE126262-E150-4F8B-AD0F-BDCFF7A7DE8D.thumb.jpeg.80331096ce855891c70d513bb1544bd9.jpeg

Leopard

75BB6F01-7ACF-424B-A699-686687E4AF04.thumb.jpeg.1fe04038ca86a919a36ecbf7fa35f253.jpeg

Hippo

E3257D22-25DB-437E-AC1D-D31C1408DD5C.thumb.jpeg.30aba70b69317a5c1c22bd234a9451bc.jpeg

Wildebeest 

C8C19E1C-CE53-4E86-83B3-3FA45D145C44.thumb.jpeg.9aae05e149bab21381d91b7711fb7882.jpeg

Elephant

0C6481F9-78D3-4EE5-A622-0495ACEBDEF7.thumb.jpeg.de1c771c85d3953c4052e5068810cf6d.jpeg

Warthog 

553183DF-E1C2-449E-BB52-C59AB66E468C.thumb.jpeg.d56a580d8887df1cd1d08e928c43449c.jpeg

Leopard (different one)

1E5F6479-669E-492F-ADCD-1766A72B01E9.thumb.jpeg.16978acd802833871709f07a6562dc00.jpeg

Zebra

05564934-66C3-4166-86E8-8AA5C1767840.thumb.jpeg.0d82ec9c6d42563c2f80fbac52ac0b59.jpeg

Giraffe 

435E3377-370E-4F62-8E09-37F57D9FBDD3.thumb.jpeg.7fefed9d20ec53251e37e6a01a45197a.jpeg

Wild Dogs, also called Painted Wolves

982620E7-1429-4641-BD31-A3797583E3FF.thumb.jpeg.6183449c4dad2c18862b63b76ea68fa9.jpeg

Hyena - NOT the same as a wild dog!

220870CF-E61A-48FE-A387-C815C7DAF4A8.thumb.jpeg.61ad97b280efd692404ddffe08fce9b5.jpeg

Lion

646CD64A-D4A7-4E91-8428-DE51F722476F.jpeg.9fb9fa2a985b42e2a7f197cffc64994c.jpeg

Rhinos

B1364F76-7FBB-454E-934F-6B1BC843075A.thumb.jpeg.28d155032a4f431372477b4e95f50c43.jpeg

Cape Buffalo 

323344AB-E345-47F5-8F8C-E3A28EDE0951.thumb.jpeg.438b31fc3bbb1e050d06238deb67b0be.jpeg

watching sunset on the bushveld 

Happy Saturday, everyone, and yes, I’m spending it aboard a BHB!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 14