Cruise Planner Refunds

Gigi1068

Hello.  Has anyone noticed a longer refund processing time for items purchased in the cruise planner then canceled?  I know the website says refunds should appear 7-10 business days after processing is complete.  I guess I’m a little anxious because I’ve never experienced a processing & credit card posting time longer than 2-3 days.  I purchased a few things before the “Black Friday” sale then canceled and repurchased for the lower price.  The new charges have posted to my credit card but no refund.  I have paid my credit card minus the $1,434 refund that I am waiting for from RCI.  Thankfully, I still have time before I have to pay the difference without incurring interest.  I hope I don’t end up having to go the dispute route.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Dealing/waiting for RCI refunds don't follow other business norms.

I’ve never experienced more than a 2-3 day process with RCI that’s why this time has me a little concerned.  I’m guessing the issue is the volume of refunds that have to be processed.

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

patience is a vital

refund credit card transaction always take longer and the 7-10 days is normal

You’re correct, patience is vital 🙂

I’ll give it more time, not that I have a choice…lol

I just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

10 minutes ago, bluecruise456 said:

yes I have the same issue with the delay in refunds to my credit card.  I have the old and new charges still in my balance.  I cancelled them on 11/18/22 in the cruise planner order history.

Thank you for sharing.  

If the payment date comes and you haven't gotte me the refund, I would just pay the whole balance. When they refund the money, it'll show a negative balance, so you'll have a credit towards the next bill. If it's not a credit card you use often, then you can request a check from the credit card company.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for a little over $1,200 form 11/18.  My confirmation email says I should receive the refund within 14 business days.  With Thanksgiving it's only been 4 business days.  I'd like it sooner.  e issued to your original payment method within 14 business days

• Like 1

I just canceled and rebooked a shore excursion for my April Symphony of the Seas cruise last Saturday and received the credit to my Visa card on Friday...about a six day turnaround.

However, the much bigger problem is that Royal Caribbean overcharged me on the new booking!  The price had dropped from the originally booked $193.99 per person to $159.99 per person on the website...but, when it showed up in the cart, it showed as $182.99 per person and charged me that.  Several calls to Royal Caribbean...and all I got was a brick wall--no one able to correct it...with some agents telling me the correct price was $182.99.  Of course others saw the $159.99 price...but everyone, including "supervisors" or "Resolutions" kept saying they were either "unable" or "not authorized" to do anything.  Finally, yesterday, I called and had an agent cancel and re-book to get the correct price.  Now, I have to wait for a SECOND credit on the $182.99x2 amount paid...

25 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

If the payment date comes and you haven't gotte me the refund, I would just pay the whole balance. When they refund the money, it'll show a negative balance, so you'll have a credit towards the next bill. If it's not a credit card you use often, then you can request a check from the credit card company.

That’s the plan, but hoping it doesn’t come to that.  

7 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

I just canceled and rebooked a shore excursion for my April Symphony of the Seas cruise last Saturday and received the credit to my Visa card on Friday...about a six day turnaround.

However, the much bigger problem is that Royal Caribbean overcharged me on the new booking!  The price had dropped from the originally booked $193.99 per person to $159.99 per person on the website...but, when it showed up in the cart, it showed as $182.99 per person and charged me that.  Several calls to Royal Caribbean...and all I got was a brick wall--no one able to correct it...with some agents telling me the correct price was $182.99.  Of course others saw the $159.99 price...but everyone, including "supervisors" or "Resolutions" kept saying they were either "unable" or "not authorized" to do anything.  Finally, yesterday, I called and had an agent cancel and re-book to get the correct price.  Now, I have to wait for a SECOND credit on the $182.99x2 amount paid...

I understand.  I think that’s what worries me most with Royal right now, all the glitches since the “sale”.  Glad you had a 6 day turnaround on the shore excursion refund.

5 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

7-10 days is lucky. Several times, my refunds have gotten "stuck". I've had to call to get things working again, and in some cases, it's taken a full month to get refunded.  They take your money in a second but wait FOREVER to give it back to you. 

That’s my fear.  Of course, I’ll post an update when this is resolved.

56 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I think I'd rather go the dispute route than pay an extra thousand+ for items I know will be refunded but are just delayed, if it gets to the end of the billing cycle with no movement on those refunds. You get a temp credit for anything you dispute while they investigate. I guess it also depends on how long ago you bought the original items. The items I purchased last week but cancelled when I changed my mind and purchased a different option posted back on my account pretty quickly. The "fake" charges (pending but didn't buy anything just cycled back to planner) on mine finally completely dropped off this morning - those took longer than the refunds. If they are still pending, you can't dispute them. I wonder if they are working backwards with refunds? Since the purchase/cancellations from last week seem to be posting already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I think I'd rather go the dispute route than pay an extra thousand+ for items I know will be refunded but are just delayed, if it gets to the end of the billing cycle with no movement on those refunds. You get a temp credit for anything you dispute while they investigate. I guess it also depends on how long ago you bought the original items. The items I purchased last week but cancelled when I changed my mind and purchased a different option posted back on my account pretty quickly. The "fake" charges (pending but didn't buy anything just cycled back to planner) on mine finally completely dropped off this morning - those took longer than the refunds. If they are still pending, you can't dispute them. I wonder if they are working backwards with refunds? Since the purchase/cancellations from last week seem to be posting already.

Thanks for sharing.  I’m glad things have worked out for you.  Not sure how they’re processing refunds but it looks like it’s different for everyone, or as folks like to say “YMMV”.  I’ll see what happens by next Friday then decide on which route to take.  I used my AMEX and have had to dispute things in the past so I’m familiar with their process.  

1 hour ago, Gigi1068 said:

Will do.  If you don’t mind, please let us know when yours is received.  Thanks!

Sure thing.   FYI, I called this morning and they said 10 business days, so I hope by next week.    Earlier this summer it was about 2 business days in reality.

• Like 1