Refund on Cancelled Shore Excursions

jeno

About 3 weeks ago I cancelled 3 shore excursions for a January 5 cruise.  I received no email noticed to confirm the cancellations although I got a verbal confirmation and they said the refund will be coming. Amy idea how long it will take? I don’t want to have to keep remembering and checking for the refund. 

25 minutes ago, jeno said:

About 3 weeks ago I cancelled 3 shore excursions for a January 5 cruise.  I received no email noticed to confirm the cancellations although I got a verbal confirmation and they said the refund will be coming. Amy idea how long it will take? I don’t want to have to keep remembering and checking for the refund. 

Did you call PCL to cancel?  I just cancel on the website and it usually shows up on my CC in a few days to a week.

Did you look on your booking on the cruise personalizer?  It may still be on there. If it is, just cancel it on the booking on cruise personalizer.

If you don’t see it, I’d call and verify it was cancelled through PCL or a TA if you did it through them.

I cancelled several shore excursions probably a month or two before my Nov cruise. The money showed up as refundable OBC on my cruise.

I wonder why Princess treats some one way and some another way.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I cancelled several shore excursions probably a month or two before my Nov cruise. The money showed up as refundable OBC on my cruise.

Surprised.  Did you use OBC to pay for them?  Or a CC?

Whomever processed them treated it as an OBC purchase, evidently.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Surprised.  Did you use OBC to pay for them?  Or a CC?

Whomever processed them treated it as an OBC purchase, evidently.

I used all of my OBC and then had to pay more with my credit card. I then cancelled Princess excursions and then booked independent ones. So I had an excess of OBC and also CC purchases.

I have had this happen before. I have had to call and try to get them refunded and the people on the phone are like "don't you want OBC" and I am like "this is from my CC"...... Ugh.

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

Usually it is based upon the timing of the cancellation and the cruise date.  However, that is usually a week or two before the cruise, not a month or two before.