Global Entry Renewal Delays are Rediculous

donaldsc

On 11/28/2022 at 1:38 AM, CPT Trips said:

The renewal process was quick and painless.

My renewal (in early fall) was approved in about a week and I was able to get a zoom interview without too much hassle. I had to try for an appointment over a couple days without success, then one day I tried and found a number of dates over the next couple weeks.
Scheduling was easy and the zoom interview was quick. IIRC I needed to show my passport, and government issued ID (I used my VA medical card).

Will they set up the ZOOM interview or did you need to do it?

On 11/27/2022 at 9:26 PM, navybankerteacher said:  Like so many other government programs it is stupidly run.

Not entirely true.  Many people don’t need an interview for renewals; I didn’t.  And, the reason it’s so hard to get an interview, either the initial interview or for renewal, is lack of funding.  No money to pay enough agents to complete interviews, along with their other duties at airports.  

On 11/30/2022 at 9:30 PM, CPT Trips said:

You need to log in to the website and set up date and time for the interview. They then send you the information so that you can connect to the interview at the appointed time. 

My renewal was completed in less than 48 hours without an interview.

That being said, I'm acknowledging that:

•  The passport number already on file for me was still the same.  It had not changed/renewed.
  •  The state ID I carry is an 'Enhanced' ID  (REAL ID).

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my GE renewal application on line yesterday (Saturday) and just received notice a little while ago (Sunday night) that it's been approved.  (Unlike my prior renewal, no interview was required this time.)

Do we really think folks are working on these applications on the weekends?  Or is it possible that computers are handling these (or, at least some of these) based on certain criteria?  (E.g., the number of times you've renewed; verification of foreign travel and other personal factors?)