Reserving check in times

This is my first time cruising with a reserved check in time and I'm wondering a bit about the best way to do it.  We're cruising out of Baltimore as a group of 7.  We're driving into Baltimore in a rental that has to go back to the airport.  My general plan was to drop off the other 6 and all our luggage off and then take the car back and get an Uber back to the port.  Best I can tell that'll put them there about 40 minutes to an hour before me. 
My best guess is that the best way to manage this is to reserve a spot for myself to check in an hour after their spot and the 2 and 3 who aren't in my room can go get onboard while the unfortunate one who is in my room will have to wait to get on until I get back.  Will we get hassled about dropping our luggage off before or about the extra being there early?  Not sure how strict it is or if they really fuss as much as the website seems to make it seem they do.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, somedude66041 said:

Will we get hassled about dropping our luggage off before or about the extra being there early?

You can drop off luggage quite early. Pick the same time for everyone - should not be a problem getting in line with an earlier time if you show up later.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, somedude66041 said:

This is my first time cruising with a reserved check in time and I'm wondering a bit about the best way to do it.  We're cruising out of Baltimore as a group of 7.  We're driving into Baltimore in a rental that has to go back to the airport.  My general plan was to drop off the other 6 and all our luggage off and then take the car back and get an Uber back to the port.  Best I can tell that'll put them there about 40 minutes to an hour before me. 
My best guess is that the best way to manage this is to reserve a spot for myself to check in an hour after their spot and the 2 and 3 who aren't in my room can go get onboard while the unfortunate one who is in my room will have to wait to get on until I get back.  Will we get hassled about dropping our luggage off before or about the extra being there early?  Not sure how strict it is or if they really fuss as much as the website seems to make it seem they do.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your cabin mate doesnt have to check in with you. Everyone has their own account.

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can drop off luggage quite early. Pick the same time for everyone - should not be a problem getting in line with an earlier time if you show up later.

Absolutely this ^^^^^

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Your cabin mate doesnt have to check in with you. Everyone has their own account.

I'm guessing that's not true if my companion is a minor?  He's 17 so I'd have zero problem with him getting on but I'm guessing they will not like it.

Pick the same time for everyone and hope for the best. I would drop everyone off a little early. If they have to wait a few to check in then no worries. If you hustle back with no carry ons- purse, bags or luggage, then you can breeze thru security even faster. You may catch up to them. I would also stake out cab options as Ubers have been harder to get recently and can take a little longer. If a cab is there, grab it and go. Prices are very similar these days

12 minutes ago, ballarinamom said:

Pick the same time for everyone and hope for the best. I would drop everyone off a little early. If they have to wait a few to check in then no worries. If you hustle back with no carry ons- purse, bags or luggage, then you can breeze thru security even faster. You may catch up to them. I would also stake out cab options as Ubers have been harder to get recently and can take a little longer. If a cab is there, grab it and go. Prices are very similar these days

Do you mean specifically at BWI (Ubers being hard to get)?  Because I have had NO trouble getting rides other places.

17 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

BTW, "breezing through security" is not dependent on how much stuff YOU have.  It matters how many people are in front of you, and how much stuff THEY have.  😉 

If the group goes ahead of and checks in, they will still have to wait to board. Then if  driver comes with no items to go through security screening, they will be waved though with no waiting and could catch up with the group if they havent boarded yet. or at least be soon behind. Im looking at then going through check in separately