Approved bid timing?

JoRoy218

My last (first) bid, I received a confirmation email and then silence.  They never responded that any of my three bids were accepted or rejected.  So when the cruise embarkation came, I just went to my originally booked cabin.

My next cruise, I still have my fingers crossed -- upgrade to mini or to Club Class, I'll be happy with either (or with the balcony I booked in the first place).  

4 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

JoRoy, does the website show any available cabins in the categories you wish to upgrade to?  I suspect that they invite bids even when there are no cabins available, on a "just in case" basis.  

Yes, "just in case" basis is in effect.

a) Someone in a full category may need to cancel

b) Someone in a full category may win a bid to a higher category.

11 hours ago, jeno said:

So then you could choose which one you wanted? 

Sorry wasn't super clear.

We have 2 cabins:

one bid on 3 types (highest category got accepted with just $5 or 10 above min, other 2 were min bids on lower category and was rejected)

the second cabin only did one min value bid (and dropped the $ value that bid about 35 days out when the min price dropped).

We had no ability to choose which category was won. Both cabins "won" a bid on the same day.  Hope that helps! And yes also to let you know min price does change! And in case anyone was wondering - you can get anyone to pay for your upgrades (apparently there is a select thing where person paying is not in stateroom. )

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bbfbgurl said:

Sorry wasn't super clear.

We have 2 cabins:

one bid on 3 types (highest category got accepted with just $5 or 10 above min, other 2 were min bids on lower category and was rejected)

the second cabin only did one min value bid (and dropped the $ value that bid about 35 days out when the min price dropped).

We had no ability to choose which category was won. Both cabins "won" a bid on the same day.  Hope that helps! And yes also to let you know min price does change! And in case anyone was wondering - you can get anyone to pay for your upgrades (apparently there is a select thing where person paying is not in stateroom. )

Once I put in a bid, it looks like that is now the minimum bid and I can only go up from there. I don’t know how I can see a new minimum bid.  I can’t even see what it was when I did bid. 🤔

24 minutes ago, jeno said:

Once I put in a bid, it looks like that is now the minimum bid and I can only go up from there. I don’t know how I can see a new minimum bid.  I can’t even see what it was when I did bid. 🤔

Try on the phone and modify bid. The phone shows you min bid prices so you don't have to play with the slider. Hope that helps! 

6 hours ago, thehowlingroad said:

Yes, the 4-day run to Ensenada and back. We love San Diego during the holidays but hate the traffic, so this is the neatest solution, lol.

Our daughter just bid on a mini suite for $60 pp and got it

On 11/29/2022 at 1:41 AM, thehowlingroad said:

Our cruise sails on 12/17 and I got my bid accepted today. My app says we're 18 days from sailing.

Are you on the Discovery 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antsp said:

Our daughter just bid on a mini suite for $60 pp and got it

My bid averaged out to $66/pp (there's 3 of us) from an interior room into a premium deluxe balcony, but mini-suites weren't available for bidding yet when I put it in last week. Your daughter got a steal!

44 minutes ago, thehowlingroad said:

My bid averaged out to $66/pp (there's 3 of us) from an interior room into a premium deluxe balcony, but mini-suites weren't available for bidding yet when I put it in last week. Your daughter got a steal!

I haven't had the opportunity to bid yet, but I thought the bids were just for passenger 1 and 2. If you have a third, they don't pay the bid price? Heck, I may have misunderstood. 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, jennybenny said:

I haven't had the opportunity to bid yet, but I thought the bids were just for passenger 1 and 2. If you have a third, they don't pay the bid price? Heck, I may have misunderstood. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, you only bid for the 1st and 2nd person. So when you divide my $200 bid over 3 people, that's $66/pp.

• Like 1