Can Soda

poffles

Can you get canned soda/pop on board?  I see mention of fountain soda but I find these mixes can be a crap shoot for taste and many times taste flat.  I am considering getting the Quench package and would like to know what to expect having never sailed HAL.

Thanks all .....

9 minutes ago, poffles said:

Can you get canned soda/pop on board?  I see mention of fountain soda but I find these mixes can be a crap shoot for taste and many times taste flat.  I am considering getting the Quench package and would like to know what to expect having never sailed HAL.

Thanks all .....

Yes.  HAL has canned Coke products available at all bars and restaurants.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, poffles said:

Thank you!  Are you able to ask for one unopened to take back to your room?

Yes.  You can also have your minibar stocked by Beverage Services with your Coke product of choice.  Just tell your Room Steward what you would like and they will make it happen.

Here is a link to let you know what beverages are available:  Beverage Package Contents

Edited by Crew News

Just now, Crew News said:

Yes.  You can also have your minibar stocked by Beverage Services with your Coke product of choice.  Just tell your Room Steward what you would like and they will make it happen.

What ... seriously!  I will assume you mean stocked such that I can be charged for each and not be covered by the Quench package if I should purchase. 

Just now, poffles said:

What ... seriously!  I will assume you mean stocked such that I can be charged for each and not be covered by the Quench package if I should purchase. 

You don't need the Quench package to buy/stock individual cans of soda in your minibar.

2 minutes ago, Crew News said:

You don't need the Quench package to buy/stock individual cans of soda in your minibar.

Ya i figured that but I am wanting the Quench package for the coffees/water as well as soda ... so if I purchased that package, I would not want to pay out of my mini bar on top of this.

I actually debated the Have It All when I booked as I do like a 'drink' here and there but thought maybe I would instead do the 'drinking' based on really wanting to instead of trying to get my money's worth; coffee, soda, water I would definitely get my worth.

Edited by poffles

Just now, poffles said:

Ya i figured that but I am wanting the Quench package for the coffees/water as well as soda ... so if I purchased that package, I would not want to pay out of my mini bar on top of this.

With the Quench Package, you can pick up a few cans of soda and put them in your minibar.  Your Room Steward will arrange to have your minibar emptied to make room for the sodas/water you pick up from any bar.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crew News said:

With the Quench Package, you can pick up a few cans of soda and put them in your minibar.  Your Room Steward will arrange to have your minibar emptied to make room for the sodas/water you pick up from any bar.

Thanks ... that was what I was hoping.  I am used to Celebrity and have to learn HAL.

Edited by poffles

4 minutes ago, highscar said:

If I have my mini bar stocked with the soda of my choice will my 4star discount apply?

Yes.  I do that every cruise.  Not fully stocked at the same time but leave room for chilled snacks (yogurt, cheese, etc.).  I have never waited more than three hours after asking my Room Steward for a new supply of soda.

Edited by Crew News

3 minutes ago, highscar said:

Thank you. Early this year I was charged on my beverage card $20.00 for 6 small cans.   Not even regular size. 

Ouch.  Sounds like another correction to be made by the "Night Auditor".

Edited by Crew News

2 hours ago, poffles said:

Thanks ... that was what I was hoping.  I am used to Celebrity and have to learn HAL.

You can also "bank" your sodas and waters by loading up toward your package limit on embarkation day when you probably will be ordering less coffees.  That will give you a stock to draw from if you want to take some sodas or waters on port explorations.  If you like sparkling water, you can bring a 12 pack of 12oz cans onboard on embarkation day.

• Like 1