New York turnaround

Chiper48

58 minutes ago, Chiper48 said:

When you arrive in New York do you have to disembark and then queue to re embark .

How long  does it take to get back on board  .

Yes everyone HAS to disembark to clear immigration , however, if you are 'In Transit' and are not going ashore, you will be directed to a seating area in Brooklyn Terminal ( back in arrivals)  ' InTransit Guests' will have priority to board first .   The first call is for 'In Transit Passengers' .

You will be the last to disembark QM2 and then have to go through immigration and then you have to wait for the ship to get clearance before you are allowed to embark again. A farcical situation that happens nowhere in the world except US. We have done a fer roundtrip TAs but never had to go through this silly system as we have always got off the ship and gone across to Manhattan by ferry and had time there before returning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, majortom10 said:

You will be the last to disembark QM2 and then have to go through immigration and then you have to wait for the ship to get clearance before you are allowed to embark again. A farcical situation that happens nowhere in the world except US. We have done a fer roundtrip TAs but never had to go through this silly system as we have always got off the ship and gone across to Manhattan by ferry and had time there before returning.

Hi there Major.

Never really had an issue with the US's immigration routine (if only we pursued a similar policy over here) though of course, I've never wanted to nip back onboard before heading across to Manhattan. (Never seen the point though I guess the OP has a legitimate reason)

One of our best days I have recorded ...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/06/24/one-way-to-do-new-york-brooklyn-to-central-park-via-the-highline-walk/

I intend to go by myself a little happy in Manhattan on turnaround day, have a spot of brunch in a favourite hotel and then come back to board the ship again... 

If you leave the terminal and come back during normal boarding, as a "transit" passenger, is there.a queue jump? Or only if you chose to remain in the terminal and re-board when the ship is cleared? 

10 hours ago, T5LHR said:

I intend to go by myself a little happy in Manhattan on turnaround day, have a spot of brunch in a favourite hotel and then come back to board the ship again... 

If you leave the terminal and come back during normal boarding, as a "transit" passenger, is there.a queue jump? Or only if you chose to remain in the terminal and re-board when the ship is cleared? 

Yes you bypass all those queuing to embark for first time.

• Like 2