VOOM Internet Package Question

RobinKS

Just now, RobinKS said:

There are 3 of us travelling and each want the internet package. It is considerably cheaper to do it as 1 person with 3 devices, but will that limit us to be able to each use a device simultaneously?

No, any of you can use any devices up to three at the same time. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RobinKS said:

There are 3 of us travelling and each want the internet package. It is considerably cheaper to do it as 1 person with 3 devices, but will that limit us to be able to each use a device simultaneously?

As @Biker19 said, each of the three devices can be used simultaneous but it will require all three to use the same account (user name and password).   

2 minutes ago, longhorn2004 said:

How much is the Voom package? 

On board it's usually $18-20/day Surf and $23-25/day Stream if you buy for the entire voyage. A continuous 24-hour period is usually $26 for Surf and $33 for Stream. Online, pre-cruise, the price varies but currently Surf doesn't seem to be available, and Stream is about $17/day.

Edited by Biker19

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On board it's usually $18-20/day Surf and $23-25/day Stream if you buy for the entire voyage. A continuous 24-hour period is usually $26 for Surf and $33 for Stream. Online, pre-cruise, the price varies but currently Surf doesn't seem to be available, and Stream is about $17/day.

Thanks, still on hold with Royal, so I do not have to buy internet for the whole trip if I do not need it? Thank you for responding to me faster than Royal................

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No, but as you can see, the per day/period cost is quite a bit higher when you don't.

Thank you, still on hold, thank you for replying so quickly. I now know what option to ask for, only need it for three days. Thank  you.

I leave this Sunday and Royal has me locked out and telling me to buy onboard. It has not been 48 hours yet. Arrrrrgh.

Just now, longhorn2004 said:

I now know what option to ask for, only need it for three days. Thank  you.

I leave this Sunday and Royal has me locked out and telling me to buy onboard. It has not been 48 hours yet. Arrrrrgh.

You can't buy the 24-hour package online or via calling - that is only available on board. The planner lockout starts closer to three days out and I don't think calling changes that.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can't buy the 24-hour package online or via calling - that is only available on board. The planner lockout starts closer to three days out and I don't think calling changes that.

You are right, just got off the phone and even the operator's system would not allow any changes. Arrrgh. Oh well, I guess Guest Services will be the first stop on board. So frustrating. Thank you for you assistance and information, you have been more helpful than Royal Customer's Service.

4 minutes ago, longhorn2004 said:

I guess Guest Services will be the first stop on board.

Don't go there either - buy Voom when you need it on the device you will use, it's quite simple. Remember the 24-hour period starts when you buy, so choose the start time wisely. If you really need help, there's a dedicated Voom desk set up on the ship.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't go there either - buy Voom when you need it on the device you will use, it's quite simple. Remember the 24-hour period starts when you buy, so choose the start time wisely. If you really need help, there's a dedicated Voom desk set up on the ship.

I picked the suf and stream because my wife needs the to ability to upload her work. Is Vroom the internet provider? They have their own Kiosk on Allure?

1 minute ago, longhorn2004 said:

Is Voom the internet provider? They have their own Kiosk on Allure?

Voom is a made-up generic name RCI uses for internet access in their fleet - the provider is SES Networks or more likely Starlink. Yes, there'll be a Voom kiosk on the promenade to assist customers with access issues, but you are likely not to need it.

3 minutes ago, bettyboop7979 said:

Silly question. If we sign up for the one device package, is it one device at a time or can we only use one device for the entire cruise?  

My understanding is one device at a time.

33 minutes ago, bettyboop7979 said:

Silly question. If we sign up for the one device package, is it one device at a time or can we only use one device for the entire cruise?  

You can share your login with anyone on the ship at anytime. 

13 hours ago, bettyboop7979 said:

It is one device at a time.  If you wife is using it and you log in, it will let you know that the account is still logged in on another device and give you the option to change to the device you are using.   I have used four different devices during the course of a day with one account. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:44 PM, RobinKS said:

The point of 3 devices that you can use internet on 3 devices at the same time.

otherwise you can use internet on 25 devices, but not at the same time.

On 11/28/2022 at 3:44 PM, RobinKS said:

Yes, put them all on one account it's much cheaper.  I did four devices in July and by adding the 4th to my purchase it only cost me $5 per day extra for #4.  No, it won't limit you all three can be used simultaneously.  

14 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Yes, put them all on one account it's much cheaper.  I did four devices in July and by adding the 4th to my purchase it only cost me $5 per day extra for #4.  No, it won't limit you all three can be used simultaneously.  

They've since jacked up the prices since then, guessing trying to make up for lost revenue.  It used to cost $22-$23 a day for the 4-device package -- roughly $325 for a 14-night cruise.  On an upcoming cruise, they are charging $17 a day for one device, and $15 a day for each additional device.   Now it would cost roughly $800.  That's total BS in my opinion.

On 11/29/2022 at 1:07 PM, DaKahuna said:

As @Biker19 said, each of the three devices can be used simultaneous but it will require all three to use the same account (user name and password).   

I can't say for sure about Royal lately, but for multiple-device packages on Celebrity each person creates a different username and password.