Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

One reason we chose Whalewatching Cabos is that they offer free photos of our Whale Watching excursion.   I wasn't expecting much but was blown away by the skill of a professional photographer.

While an iPhone does a decent job there is no comparison to a SLR with a big telephoto lens.

image.thumb.png.50eef0683bdf45587d328e1be5c4ecd3.png

image.thumb.png.39568b91bfb20ba7085ed87084a82c8d.png

image.thumb.png.9bb08bc41049e45a70c9ea3a747e79e1.png

image.thumb.png.ba87046da108007915a5355629ca3b73.png

image.thumb.png.bd526c8777871ad8b1b90df873e0de54.png

image.thumb.png.d3432946cfb77753cdb8ad6b73727d95.png

image.thumb.png.a6c52c9c6111f47b71499eee475fcbed.png

image.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 17

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

enjoying your posts with nice photos.  You two just have so much fun.

May 2024 have nice adventures for you as well.  My first cruise will be on the Beyond in April. Can't wait.

So excited for you.    I can remember my first cruise.   I fought the idea of being locked on a ship for a whole 7 day.  Thought I would go stark raving mad.    I was immediately addicted.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, lakegirl16 said:

Just saw whales and dolphins on sailaway in Puerto Vallarta.  IMG_0387.thumb.jpeg.1bc337ee6bf9d2ffed08a1c38cf0fbc4.jpeg

I also saw him while sitting on our Starboard Balcony.    I was busy uploading so didn't have the opportunity to shoot a picture.    You did an incredible job.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

So excited for you.    I can remember my first cruise.   I fought the idea of being locked on a ship for a whole 7 day.  Thought I would go stark raving mad.    I was immediately addicted.

oh I meant to say first cruise in 2023.

but my first cruise was on Oceanic and I got to tour the engine room back in 1977 with my dad.

Still wishing you a good 2023

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

were' doing the July 7th Apex cruise which stops at Akureyri,Isafjordur, and an overnight in Reykjavik. Also Glasgow, Belfast, and Cork.

That sounds like an incredible trip.   Is it on Celebrity.     An overnight in Reykjavik will be incredible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

In 2024, the Iceland to Boston leg will begin with an overnight in Reykjavik.

I guess Celebrity has made adjustments.    I envy you.     While we loved the B2B not sure if I would do it again.    I think I would enjoy spending a week in Iceland pre or post cruise.   Many of those on our Roll Call did and their stories and photos were incredible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I also saw him while sitting on our Starboard Balcony.    I was busy uploading so didn't have the opportunity to shoot a picture.    You did an incredible job.

Photo Credit to my husband.  I have a video too but not sure how to load here.  😀.

We are whale watching here next week.  We did the Jeep Excursion today.  A bit more rugged than I anticipated.  😩

Your photos are absolutely stunning Jim! 

We returned home last evening from the beautiful Silhouette. I didn’t do a “live from” because we didn’t do too much besides eat, drink and sun. I will work on a post-cruise review - as soon as I finish the laundry and clear the snow from my car!

Since you are looking around at other cruise lines, take a look at Regent. We loved our 17 days on Voyager in June. She’s an older ship, but in very good shape and the service was outstanding! I’m not sure I would choose Regent for a “ship is the destination” cruise, but for a port heavy cruise I absolutely would. The included excursions are a great value.  We are sailing on the newest ship, Grandeur, in May of 2024.

Thank you so much for all you do to help your fellow cruisers. Happy travels!

Erin

• Like 1

Hearing new passenger counts for the next two cruises.   Latest I've heard is 1,800+ on 12/18 cruise and New Years Cruise 3,200 with lots of kids.    Been getting different numbers from different staff.

I'll see if I can get a better estimate.   They did say the numbers have been going up and down.

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

Your photos are absolutely stunning Jim! 

We returned home last evening from the beautiful Silhouette. I didn’t do a “live from” because we didn’t do too much besides eat, drink and sun. I will work on a post-cruise review - as soon as I finish the laundry and clear the snow from my car!

Since you are looking around at other cruise lines, take a look at Regent. We loved our 17 days on Voyager in June. She’s an older ship, but in very good shape and the service was outstanding! I’m not sure I would choose Regent for a “ship is the destination” cruise, but for a port heavy cruise I absolutely would. The included excursions are a great value.  We are sailing on the newest ship, Grandeur, in May of 2024.

Thank you so much for all you do to help your fellow cruisers. Happy travels!

Erin

Thanks Erin.  Will take a look.   I'm really interested in testing the market out there.

We had out first booked and the cruise line went bankrupt so kinda gave us a pause until things had settled down.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 1:02 AM, Jim_Iain said:

We will be doing the 2nd 1/2 of the World Cruise from Singapore to Sydney to New Zealand in November.

So late to the party😅🕺🏻

it’s been a madhouse for work😵💫

So happy that you will board when we get off😝 We will travel the first 2-legs of this cruise🙌🏻 Athens-Singapore️ Really looking forward

• Like 2

11 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Since you are looking around at other cruise lines, take a look at Regent. We loved our 17 days on Voyager in June. She’s an older ship, but in very good shape and the service was outstanding!

Our very first cruise was on Voyager back when it was still Radisson, not Regent, we have also sailed on Navigator, and we would certainly second looking at Regent.

Can't argue with trying expedition ships while you are both still fit and mobile as well.

Hi Jim. Thank you for taking us along on your cruise. Your reviews are always fun and informative. And I really enjoy your fantastic pictures!! A great way to start my day along with morning coffee.

Enjoy the rest couple days of the cruise.

Gail