Alaska with kids...

Hello!

Have any Canadians with children sailed to Alaska? I'm trying to find passport information but have been getting conflicting answers so I'm confused. We are Canadian citizens from Vancouver. We are sailing from Vancouver to Alaska and back to Vancouver. Will my children (7,8,9) need passports or birth certificates? Some RCI agents say passports, some say birth certificates,  and the government websites say birth certificates.  I am hoping to find a family that has done this trip and get some solid answers! Thanks in advance ☺️ 

18 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello!

Have any Canadians with children sailed to Alaska? I'm trying to find passport information but have been getting conflicting answers so I'm confused. We are Canadian citizens from Vancouver. We are sailing from Vancouver to Alaska and back to Vancouver. Will my children (7,8,9) need passports or birth certificates? Some RCI agents say passports, some say birth certificates,  and the government websites say birth certificates.  I am hoping to find a family that has done this trip and get some solid answers! Thanks in advance ☺️ 

Passports..

Only US citizens on a closed loop cruise can sail with birth certificates

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Passports..

To add to this, US citizens only need birth certificates and a picture ID (if 16 and up) if they are sailing on a closed loop cruise originating in a US port.  We would need passports too for a closed loop sailing from Vancouver.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Passports..

You have done this with your children? For some reason the U.S. government website says Canadian citizens 15 and under can enter the U.S. by sea with a birth certificate