Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

2 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Enjoyed following along, did you not try any of the other bars beside Alchemy? Hoping that the golden jubilee and pig and anchor have some good staff and drinks as well. 

Funny thing, when I was on MG, a sister ship to Celebration, I tried out the other bars but kept coming back to Alchemy.  The mixologists are great and I love the vibe.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

Sid I do hope you consider an after cruise review for you February cruise.  I am anxious to see your thoughts and pictures from that ship.

Since you're approaching #20 on Carnival and haven't sailed on anybody else, I can inexplicably say that the Prima would be a great choice to spend your first non Carnival cruise on.  Spent 11 days on her over Halloween and will spend another 14 in February and March.  Next up is 5 days on the Celebration next month.

• Like 3

Sid, this has been a lot of fun, really improved my last ten days!

I'm reminded of a classic movie, where a grey-haired woman who is dancing like someone much younger blurts out "Lovely Party!"

10 Sid points for the first responder with the movie.  Bonus 5 points for including a clip!

(Sid you can bill me for those points)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Sid, this has been a lot of fun, really improved my last ten days!

I'm reminded of a classic movie, where a grey-haired woman who is dancing like someone much younger blurts out "Lovely Party!"

10 Sid points for the first responder with the movie.  Bonus 5 points for including a clip!

(Sid you can bill me for those points)

Rocky Horror Picture Show...I'll collect the points at sid's party.

Thanks for taking us along on your vacation @sid_9169. Good luck at work tomorrow. 

• Like 5

Up way before the sun, and I'm really not looking forward to today at work. Specifically, not looking forward to stepping on the scale at work and finding out how many pounds I need to lose to get my svelte figure back... Hopefully I can ease into the day rather than being thrown straight to the sharks...

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Up way before the sun, and I'm really not looking forward to today at work. Specifically, not looking forward to stepping on the scale at work and finding out how many pounds I need to lose to get my svelte figure back... Hopefully I can ease into the day rather than being thrown straight to the sharks...

Here's hoping your first day back is pain & drama free.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

I only ended up gaining three pounds over the last week on board... I'm pretty satisfied with that outcome. Mostly attributed to always taking the stairs rather than the elevator, and always being on the move. 

Most of that is water weight.  That's what I tell myself😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, hapytobehr said:

Thanks for the ride! 

Our NYE cruise on the Celebration will be like we have already been on the ship! 

And since Sid never made it to Golden Jubilee or Latitudes you have two areas to investigate on your own.  We'll be on when you get off for the abbreviated 5 day sailing on 1/3/23.  Then a S2S on the NCL Encore.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

And since Sid never made it to Golden Jubilee or Latitudes you have two areas to investigate on your own.  We'll be on when you get off for the abbreviated 5 day sailing on 1/3/23.  Then a S2S on the NCL Encore.

Definitely!  and because 7 days will not be enough to check out everything, we already booked the Celebration for March as well!

• Like 1

First day back to reality hasn't been the worst ever, other than my lunch, which was a lukewarm piece of pizza from Kroger. Other than that, I'm just trying to make it through these last ten days of work before our ten day break between Christmas and New Years. I haven't even had a chance to start tallying the names for the thank you list, but I promise something by the end of this weekend. 

Even though I didn't get to do most of the stuff on the ship, I did get to all of the really crucial places. Alchemy, Big Chicken, Steakhouse, Rudi's, Guy's, Street Eats, ect... It's sad that my Jubilee cruise was cancelled, but now I'm looking into a real land trip to St Maarten / Martin... I only have yet to scratch the surface there, and it looks like somewhere I could spend an entire week exploring. That's the plan, I just need to figure out the money. Probably costs a lot more than a one week cruise... 

• Like 16

On 12/11/2022 at 8:39 AM, sid_9169 said:

Sorry, I sort of fell off the radar there for awhile. It's been a whirlwind morning, rushing to get everything packed and ready to go. I guess that it's a good thing that I was up so early, as it took me till exactly the moment they called general carry off debarkation. I carried my bags, as well as my box of liquor down eight flights of stairs, and once I hit the right deck, I kept walking and never stopped until I was outside. 

Ten minutes later, I was in a taxi headed for the airport. I checked my box of liquor, and they made me sign some kind of form before putting it on the belt. Something about limits, but I've always brought exactly two bottles home with no problem. 

My carry on with the cigars made it through the scanner, but I ended up getting a pay down, I assume because of my nipple ring. I have TSA pre check, so I'm a "trusted traveler"... Anyhoo, I'm at my gate already with three hours until boarding time. I would have liked to have done something, but I was lugging all this stuff, and I just wanted to put it down and relax.

I'm not going to be drinking for awhile after this, I decided... I really need to get it under control, and there's no time like the present...

Thanks again for all of your comments and encouragement along the way. I think that this is easily my best Live ever, and I'm considering not even doing one on the Prima in February. We'll see...

Nooooo. You must do one! I enjoy these so much.

• Like 1