Seeking Hotel Recommendations for Miami, FL Pre-cruise Stay

laedw

We're flying into Miami one day before March cruise.  The hotels in Downtown Miami are $$$$.  Can anyone recommend a clean, inexpensive hotel (less than $400 a night) that's near restaurants?  We also don't want to be too far from the POM.  TIA.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell and enjoyed it very much.  It is in the financial district so it is a safe and clean area.  It is within walking distance to a lot of shops and restaurants and a short cab or Uber ride to the port….

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The HIlton Garden Inn Brickell South may have some decent rates as not many people think about it.  The new citizen M in Brickell is another one to look at. 

What dates are you looking for?

We're looking at arriving in Miami on March 18 for an overnight before March 19 cruise.

Book something refundable now and keep checking. I use discount sites to search, then book direct with the hotel.

Check the "Blue Lagoon" hotels at MIA, Hilton, Hampton Inn, Hyatt House, TownePlace Suites Miami Airport, Miami Airport Marriott, and Pullman Hotel Miami Airport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laedw said:

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?  The reviews are mixed.  

I have not, but I've stayed in the same area (Hyatt Regency, InterContinental and Kimpton) and the area is great.

I am curious where you are seeing "mixed" reviews? It gets very good reviews on Google and TripAdvisor.

18 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I have not, but I've stayed in the same area (Hyatt Regency, InterContinental and Kimpton) and the area is great.

I am curious where you are seeing "mixed" reviews? It gets very good reviews on Google and TripAdvisor.

We looked at the hotel website and the recent comments were mixed (dirty bathroom, thank God not on my dime, good location, great spot for visiting Miami, etc.). 

Edited by laedw
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, laedw said:

We looked at the hotel website and the recent comments were mixed (dirty bathroom, thank God not on my dime, good location, great spot for visiting Miami, etc.). 

It’s been a few years since I have been inside but I do know people who have stayed there and they said the rooms could use a refresh but I can’t  personally tell you how they are.

On 12/4/2022 at 1:44 PM, laedw said:

We chose the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown/Brickell Area for one night.  Has anyone stayed at this hotel?  The reviews are mixed.  

I’m not square what rate you got but in quickly looking, the brand new Citizen M is in the same price range.  It’s a brand new hotel and located in a fantastic location and right in the heart of Brickell.   For those who know the area, it’s what went up where the old Perricones was.  

The Novotel Brickell is also going for a great price.