Live Review Disney Dream 12/1 - 12/5 Lots of pictures and plenty of random thoughts.

BennyBrun

Day 4

Animator Palette 

Dinner and a show… so you rotate around to all the restaurants at least once on a 4 night cruise. I ended us at Royal Palace twice and that’s very close to a MDR you find on any cruise line.  Animator Palette and Enchanted Garden were very different and unique.  I do like the server follows you when you rotate.  The same server the same table number.

Day 5

I spotted a sea turtle while waiting for breakfast to open up at 8:15AM.  You have to bring your luggage with you because after breakfast you have to disembark.  I got the later time.   Like I said before very civilized disembarkation!

7082ADD7-CB62-4F8A-B2B7-413B0C8E9662.jpeg

39F9B92C-5F7D-4A0F-BB27-B1F354DD3663.jpeg

BBADECDA-BD88-48DC-AF86-6482E4E1F70D.jpeg

E7026835-D343-4B09-BBAD-CA312EC79B5B.jpeg

B4C35180-EA3E-4BF1-A4D1-E5481AD98FA2.jpeg

Day 5

I truly enjoyed my Disney Cruise.  It was very different than anything I experienced (NCL, Celebrity, Royal, Carnival, Princess). Totally different vibe.  I am glad I did it and for 4 nights only.  I will probably return but not anytime soon!  I can’t see myself on a B2B on a Disney Cruise but I can on Royal 😂 .  I can’t wait for my Christmas holiday cruise on Carnival Celebration!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 5

I truly enjoyed my Disney Cruise.  It was very different than anything I experienced (NCL, Celebrity, Royal, Carnival, Princess). Totally different vibe.  I am glad I did it and for 4 nights only.  I will probably return but not anytime soon!  I can’t see myself on a B2B on a Disney Cruise but I can on Royal 😂 .  I can’t wait for my Christmas holiday cruise on Carnival Celebration!

Enjoy your Carnival cruise we have been on 5 carnival cruises but prefer Royal. Our first ever back to back in January on the Dream we wish it was Royal but Grandkids win this time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Enjoy your Carnival cruise we have been on 5 carnival cruises but prefer Royal. Our first ever back to back in January on the Dream we wish it was Royal but Grandkids win this time.

I am sure it will be fun on the Celebration.  Will be back on Royal in February… doing Oasis / Harmony then Symphony…side by side or B3B or whatever the terminology is 😂 

• Like 1

Thank you for taking us along.

We really enjoyed the virtual cruise.

Pictures and postings fantastic as always.

The food was amazing, better than anything else

I've seen so far, except for Virgin cruises.

The ship I was not too impressed with.

Castaway island, was ok. I think I liked Labadee better.

Glad we got to see it.   Now we know what to expect

of a Disney cruise and their island.

Till we do a virtual cruise again. 

Thank you so much!

24 days count down to our next cruise.

Can't wait!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 4

Animator Palette 

Dinner and a show… so you rotate around to all the restaurants at least once on a 4 night cruise. I ended us at Royal Palace twice and that’s very close to a MDR you find on any cruise line.  Animator Palette and Enchanted Garden were very different and unique.  I do like the server follows you when you rotate.  The same server the same table number.

OMG, that cartoon running in the background during dinner would drive me nuts! 😱

Food looks great, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Benny! You've got a new fan in me! Thanks so much for taking us along on your trip! I leave for my cruise on the Dream next week and we're doing the exact same itinerary as you, so I really appreciated seeing what events happen on which night. 

Loved all your photos and insights! Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this report! I can't wait to follow along with your next trip!

Happy sailing!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

Thank you for taking us along.

We really enjoyed the virtual cruise.

Pictures and postings fantastic as always.

The food was amazing, better than anything else

I've seen so far, except for Virgin cruises.

The ship I was not too impressed with.

Castaway island, was ok. I think I liked Labadee better.

Glad we got to see it.   Now we know what to expect

of a Disney cruise and their island.

Till we do a virtual cruise again. 

Thank you so much!

24 days count down to our next cruise.

Can't wait!!!!

Have an amazing cruise!  The food on the Dream was fantastic but remember Disney cruise fare is usually more than NCL/Carnival/Royal so I expected the food offerings to be better.  I was not expecting how cheaply they priced their drinks at the bar and then run happy hour twice a day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DASH1106 said:

Hi Benny! You've got a new fan in me! Thanks so much for taking us along on your trip! I leave for my cruise on the Dream next week and we're doing the exact same itinerary as you, so I really appreciated seeing what events happen on which night. 

Loved all your photos and insights! Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this report! I can't wait to follow along with your next trip!

Happy sailing!

Have an amazing cruise!  Thank you so much!  If you want to meet the characters, show up 30 minutes prior to the announced time at the area where the characters will be!!  Especially if it’s someone you really want to see… Hook/Chip Dale / Captain Jack Sparrow/ most princesses will only appear once during a 4 night cruise!

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

OMG, that cartoon running in the background during dinner would drive me nuts! 😱

Food looks great, though.

The cartoon running in the background is really neat especially when the characters start talking to you and asking your name etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

The cartoon running in the background is really neat especially when the characters start talking to you and asking your name etc.

I guess it's something you have to experience in real life then. Watching Benny's video made me shudder because it reminds me of the rides at the parks, which are great in the parks but I can't imagine being a fan at dinner on a cruise. However, I guess I would be willing to go into it with an open mind if I were ever to cruise Disney, since I did enjoy the parks when we went (about a million years ago).

• Like 2

Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm doing a Merrytime in two weeks, and have a few questions, if you don't mind:

1. Did a lot of people wear watching PJs? Trying to decide if I should talk DH into doing this for photos...

2. What times are Happy Hour, and is it only at certain bars? Don't want to miss this!

3. How far in advance did you go to the show to get good seats (we have second eating dining, too)?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I guess it's something you have to experience in real life then. Watching Benny's video made me shudder because it reminds me of the rides at the parks, which are great in the parks but I can't imagine being a fan at dinner on a cruise. However, I guess I would be willing to go into it with an open mind if I were ever to cruise Disney, since I did enjoy the parks when we went (about a million years ago).

I think everyone is different and tolerate / enjoy different things.  The technology is great but I was not a fan of the room dims and Crush started to play charade with the fish asking you to guess what it is… the kids were shouting out answers while you are trying to order dinner and trying to hear your server (who are wearing masks).  It was my least favorite place to dine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PattiPB said:

Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm doing a Merrytime in two weeks, and have a few questions, if you don't mind:

1. Did a lot of people wear watching PJs? Trying to decide if I should talk DH into doing this for photos...

2. What times are Happy Hour, and is it only at certain bars? Don't want to miss this!

3. How far in advance did you go to the show to get good seats (we have second eating dining, too)?

The people in line were in matching PJs to take photos with Mickey the most, then Santa then Minnie.  I only say PJS for pictures and never in the dinning room.

The best happy hour is at Pub 50%off pretty much everything on the menu, pink was two cocktails for $8.00, there was another bar up in the pool deck that had 30% off.  Usually it is 6-7pm than 9-10pm.  If you have late Dinning and see the early show you really won’t be able to participate in the happy hour unless you eat really fast and try to catch the late happy hour.

I showed up at 5:30 and was the first in line.  When the doors open Concierge were already seated having popcorn so if it’s something you want to see show up early especially beauty and the beast.  I suggest row 5-10 center.  Anything father back you will just see movements on stage and hear the songs and not see the intricate work they put into the show.  I liked Beauty and the Beast the best Broadway quality then Disney Believe then the Golden Mickey.  The Genie in Disney’s believe was phenomenal!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 3:42 PM, FionaMG said:

Fascinating insight. It wouldn't be for me but I can totally see why the target demographic would love it.

Thanks for sharing even if you weren't able to do it while you were on board. 😊

I will say that if you want more peace and quiet, you can definitely find it. I've done a few Disney cruises without children as well as with friends and their kids. The adult areas are very relaxing! And I honestly don't remember running into the characters in the atrium much. The service, food, etc are worth it for us for some of our cruises! 

• Like 3

On 12/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

Mickey Bar while I unpack … room service is included except for drinks/beverages that’s not included.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:10 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 1 

Very nice touches to the spacious interior room!

B86FCD6A-94CB-4A45-9F81-93B4E6361004.jpeg

Wow, that’s a very nice inside stateroom. We love DCL. Enjoying reading your report (a few weeks days late).