Best month to cruise Tahiti

Piaa

If you could pick a month to sail on Wind Spirit in Tahiti what month would you pick please - I know you can't control weather and swells but is there a month that they might be a little less likely to be rockin' and rollin' 🤣

Thank you everyone 

33 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

After reading up, we seemed to notice that July-Oct was the best time for weather and being there for the whale migration. We are divers so this definitely appeals to us. We are going in Aug 2023. 

Awesome - we are now looking at August through October 2023 🙂 (we were thinking January)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piaa said:

Awesome - we are now looking at August through October 2023 🙂 (we were thinking January)  

As a side note, I saw your mention in another post that you have a charter company in STJ. We are frequent visitors of the VI and BVI; heading back to Jost next month as a matter of fact. Aug-Oct would be perfect for you during your slow season on island. 

18 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

As a side note, I saw your mention in another post that you have a charter company in STJ. We are frequent visitors of the VI and BVI; heading back to Jost next month as a matter of fact. Aug-Oct would be perfect for you during your slow season on island. 

Thank you and have a painkiller at Gertrudes for me (much better than Soggy imo 😀)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Piaa said:

Thank you and have a painkiller at Gertrudes for me (much better than Soggy imo 😀)

I doubt about that! That is our hangout plus Coco Loco. The only time we go to soggy is if someone leaves us a drink on the board.

My fiancée is an amateur bartender but makes a mean bushwhacker haha 

EF78DC67-13EE-4AAE-AB29-D929200BE5E6.jpeg

• Like 2

Picking a time to me is a crap shoot. I've been in Feb, Aoril, May, August, Sept, Oct and Nov/Dec. August should have been the best month but out of 18 days it either poured or was overcast 12 last summer. Feb, April, May, Sept and October were all fine. But 18 days in Nov/Dec when it should have been the worst, it was sunny and gorgeous 17 out of 18 days. I think you take your chances with Tahiti weather any time of year. The crew on Wind Spirit this last August agreed.

Doesn't matter- if you can do it- DO IT. It's amazing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Picking a time to me is a crap shoot. I've been in Feb, Aoril, May, August, Sept, Oct and Nov/Dec. August should have been the best month but out of 18 days it either poured or was overcast 12 last summer. Feb, April, May, Sept and October were all fine. But 18 days in Nov/Dec when it should have been the worst, it was sunny and gorgeous 17 out of 18 days. I think you take your chances with Tahiti weather any time of year. The crew on Wind Spirit this last August agreed.

Thank you - booked for September 2023 ... yay (now to try to wade through all the info available - it's a little overwhelming LOL)

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2022 at 10:26 PM, Petoonya said:

EXACTLY - Do It.  Been there a few time and also with Windstar - We managed good rate in July 2017. Unfortunately, the price for the 10 days to Fakarava and Marquesa are not in our price range (canadian $$ still hurting us) so we are doing the Marquesa with Oceania in Feb. 2024 (usually one of the wetess month). We want to go and that's the only way we can afford. PG and Aranui too expensive. Cheers.