2024 Alaska Princing Availability

Italy52

3 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

I just talked to my vacation planner at Princess. She was able to book us on Discovery for 9/14/2024. After that was done, I got an email about Alaska 2024 sailings, so maybe it is available now.

I'm not sure when it became available. I just kept checking back until I found it up. Then it was just dealing with the errors. That website sure has a lot of personality.

18 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Persistence pays. I was able to make my booking. I was after one of the two M6 cabins on Marina deck on, as near as I can tell, the only sailing that goes to Hubbard Glacier and Sitka, so I wanted to lock it down asap. I did get a lot of errors doing the booking, but it's done.

Congratulations!  How were you able to make your booking?  Did you call someone?

13 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Congratulations!  How were you able to make your booking?  Did you call someone?

No, I booked it through the website. I got an error a few times at one step or another, but I just circled back around and tried again. I hoped it might be faster than calling, and I think it was. My PVP is on a Panama Canal cruise, so I couldn't ask her for help.

3 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

No, I booked it through the website. I got an error a few times at one step or another, but I just circled back around and tried again. I hoped it might be faster than calling, and I think it was. My PVP is on a Panama Canal cruise, so I couldn't ask her for help.

Glad it worked in your case.  I am still getting the error "Currently Not Available."

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Looking at a 14-day May glacier cruise we have taken before. 

That sounds great. I wanted the 5/11/24 southbound voyage of the glacier, since it goes to Sitka and Hubbard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Looking at the 2024 prices of cruisetours.... 

The ones I saw are significantly more than the 2023 counterparts! OUCH!

Prices have also gone up for cruises.  We expected this given how prices are changing everywhere (food, gas, utilities, etc.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Looking at a 14-day May glacier cruise we have taken before. 

Our TA just booked the early May 14-day one for us on the Grand + the one before it that starts the end of April. We’re going to see as many glaciers as we can this time around! 😁

The prices seemed pretty fair for the 7-day legs, which was all we could book as there were no vista suites available on the 14-day itinerary.

DCF771B8-C13B-4A57-AFF6-7EBF97EB8852.thumb.jpeg.9d09608eb228704e51b6fcce89f338fe.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

Our TA just booked the early May 14-day one for us on the Grand + the one before it that starts the end of April. We’re going to see as many glaciers as we can this time around! 😁

Congrats.  We like the 14-day option -- good choice.  We are looking at the 14-day on the Royal only because it includes Icy Strait. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Senga said:

We did this trip in May 2022, are doing Norway Fjords and Iceland in May 2023 and Med cruise September 2023.  Not willing to pay what they are asking for May 2024 to Alaska.

IDK what sort of accommodation you were looking at, but I don't see the pricing as all that bad.  Less than or about $100US/pp/day in May 2024.  Depending on voyage length and ship.  This is for Inside accommodation starting price and doesn't ever cost that much more to get more center-ship.  I guess we all have our take on pricing and value, but I wouldn't call it out-of-bounds after a minimal bit of checking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Senga said:

Balcony, 14 night on Grand Princess.  No mid, mid-forward or mid-aft available!

I am thinking there is a problem in the res system.  No way all those cabins on all dates sold out 100% that fast.  Either a bug/issue or PCL is holding back inventory for some reason.  (I am not looking to book, but I was doing some shopping because another poster was complaining that the prices were way high).

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking there is a problem in the res system.  No way all those cabins on all dates sold out 100% that fast.  Either a bug/issue or PCL is holding back inventory for some reason.  (I am not looking to book, but I was doing some shopping because another poster was complaining that the prices were way high).

Surely it must be a problem.  I checked all dates in May and June with the same result; only forward and aft cabins available.

21 hours ago, Senga said:

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking there is a problem in the res system.  No way all those cabins on all dates sold out 100% that fast.  Either a bug/issue or PCL is holding back inventory for some reason.  (

1 hour ago, Senga said:

Surely it must be a problem.  I checked all dates in May and June with the same result; only forward and aft cabins available.

Allocated to the cruisetours ?

On 12/7/2022 at 8:05 PM, Senga said:

On 12/7/2022 at 9:48 PM, Steelers36 said:

9 hours ago, Senga said:

7 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Allocated to the cruisetours ?

Not the Cruise Tours.  Problem is they did not allocate any rooms in those zones to the 14-night logical voyages.  If you book the 7-nights as B2B's, then all the cabins are there. 

I should have thought of this back when I looked into other posts and posted my previous one.

• Thanks 1

Checked to ensure the cabin we wanted was available on both Northbound and Southbound.  No problem.  Asked our TA to see if we could get this cabin in the 14 night return from Vancouver instead of 2 x 7.  The answer was NO!  They are still not releasing the best location cabins.  Guess we'll just keep checking.