Can you use both shareholder benefit and veterans discount?

seaver

5 hours ago, seaver said:

Can you use both shareholder benefit and veterans discount on the same cruise.

Thanks

The Veterans benefit is a one time credit and not considered a discount.  Personally I don't care what they call it as long as they offering it.  The shareholder benefit amount is determined by the length of your cruise.  We use both of them all the time.

Helen

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, HELENPSL said:

The Veterans benefit is a one time credit and not considered a discount.  Personally I don't care what they call it as long as they offering it.  The shareholder benefit amount is determined by the length of your cruise.  We use both of them all the time.

Helen

How does one apply for the Veterans' OBC?   Also, are we now allowed to send in our request for a shareholder benefit by email; and, if so, to what address, pls?

On 1/30/2023 at 3:12 PM, Tampa Girl said:

How does one apply for the Veterans' OBC?   Also, are we now allowed to send in our request for a shareholder benefit by email; and, if so, to what address, pls?

Just google Carnival Corporation shareholder benefit.  On the form it shows the email address.  I send that as a cover sheet  with all the info they request…your name, ship name, booking number.  Can’t remember if there’s anything else but it’s on the form.  Send it with a copy of the brokerage statement showing you own the stock.  Be sure to black out your account number.  As far as the military credit they did that paperwork for us on the ship but I’m sure you’ll find it if you google HAL military on board credit.

Helen

Edited by HELENPSL

I have read several threads on shareholder OBC and can't find the answer to this question..  The policy and many posters indicate that one may use a brokerage statement as proof of ownership.  My DH wants to know if this would include a brokerage statement for a retirement account.  It is his account but we didn't know if the fact it was a retirement account made any difference.

Also, we are way past the time limit to get this for our next cruise.  Anyone find they give credit if you ask late on recent cruises?  I won't blame them if they don't but just wondered if it was worth the try.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

We just applied for and received the Veterans OBC for the Grand Australia next year.  I guess we'll find out if we can get the shareholder OBC too.

Right now the timing for that would have to wait until the shareholder credit is approved for next year, no matter what type of cruise.

16 minutes ago, badtwin said:

I have read several threads on shareholder OBC and can't find the answer to this question..  The policy and many posters indicate that one may use a brokerage statement as proof of ownership.  My DH wants to know if this would include a brokerage statement for a retirement account.  It is his account but we didn't know if the fact it was a retirement account made any difference.

Also, we are way past the time limit to get this for our next cruise.  Anyone find they give credit if you ask late on recent cruises?  I won't blame them if they don't but just wondered if it was worth the try.

Thanks

Does not matter what type of account you have, just must have at least 100 shares.

I black out any non-pertinent info and send it in.

Just follow the instructions on the below link.

2021 US Annual Report (carnivalcorp.com)

19 minutes ago, badtwin said:

Thanks

We applied at the last minute on our partial Panama sailing last March. Cruise left on Wednesday, March 9th and I only submitted for the shareholders benefit on Sunday, March 6th. Marked in the subject line to “Please Expedite! Shareholders Benefit”. On Thursday, March 10th, a gentleman from guest services hand delivered a note to our stateroom saying we had received the credit. What a pleasant surprise! 

• Like 1