Protocol for testing- Covid

Toad

Am sorry to ask this but was unable to find answers in a search.  We have not cruised since 2018 so I understand that there have been many changes.  As I understand it, one no longer needs to test prior to boarding, but was wondering how testing was handled on board.  Is it random, or is everyone required to line up at certain times?  Does testing happen on every cruise or only on cruises where someone tests positive?  Can my husband and I plan on being tested every few days, even if we have received all shots and boosters?  

Thank you both this is helpful.  I did go to the HAL site but since I am talking 2023 I will need to go to HAL site later…… just wondering how intrusive the protocols would be to the overall experience.  

Unlikely you'll have to get tested before or during your cruise, unless you or your cabinmate report any symptoms to the ship. But I would bring a few self-test kits in case you want to test upon leaving the ship, for your peace of mind.

• Like 1

I thought I read that a recent (6 mos ago) cruise had to test passengers onboard to enter a port (Mexico, Aust?)  I may have dreamed that however I remember pre covid, we had to line up and walk past an infra red camera to take everyone's temp before a port, so I would say, in these dynamic times, anything is probable. Otherwise testing for HAL was pre embarkment  but other lines (including parent corp) had to test before entering next port. Another line used to do the "spit in tube" testing daily instead of nasal swab. Hopefully we don't regress (like I have here 🙄). However, if you feel sick (or another passenger calls medical on you), expect a call that they will be coming to test.