AND WE'RE OFF - on board and ready to go, Celebrity Summit to Key West/ Cozumel, December 3

mhoffrob

So, this is our first ever cruise, and we've already made a mistake.  Got out of the hotel to port shuttle, were asked our cabin number and directed to Concierge Check In, and the porters didn't ask to check our luggage (looiking at their phones!) so we wheeled our own luggage all the way to the cabin (note to travelers - Delsey spinner wheels DO NOT work well on ship carpet!).  BUt, found our cabin, dropped it all off, headed off to explore.  

At this point we have explored most of the non-cabin floors and had our lunch in the dining room.  Found beers/cocktails in Rondevous and in the Pool Bar before and after dining, and are back in our room unpacking (mostly done).  Just met our cabin attendant Jan.  Excited to find that we've been invited to the helipad for sailaway, so digging out my tennies which are closed-toe!  

I'll try and post somewhat regularly - but from a newbie's point of view, so may have as many questions as I have answers.  Let me know if I'm doing this "Live from" all wrong, I'll try and course correct!!

Mary (and Hugh).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Lunch (well dessert and a nice cocktail ha ha) in Luminae - don’t want to hijack your thread OP but also didn’t want to start another thread on this trip (or should I?).  Taking pics for anyone who wants to follow along.

45787FA9-A248-4363-B079-F376595CE6C0.jpeg

E6989BDF-4BCB-44DE-A773-5C00D915485A.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mhoffrob said:

So, this is our first ever cruise, and we've already made a mistake.  Got out of the hotel to port shuttle, were asked our cabin number and directed to Concierge Check In, and the porters didn't ask to check our luggage (looiking at their phones!) so we wheeled our own luggage all the way to the cabin (note to travelers - Delsey spinner wheels DO NOT work well on ship carpet!).  BUt, found our cabin, dropped it all off, headed off to explore.  

At this point we have explored most of the non-cabin floors and had our lunch in the dining room.  Found beers/cocktails in Rondevous and in the Pool Bar before and after dining, and are back in our room unpacking (mostly done).  Just met our cabin attendant Jan.  Excited to find that we've been invited to the helipad for sailaway, so digging out my tennies which are closed-toe!  

I'll try and post somewhat regularly - but from a newbie's point of view, so may have as many questions as I have answers.  Let me know if I'm doing this "Live from" all wrong, I'll try and course correct!!

Mary (and Hugh).

M/H - you will do it just fine...

You are off to a great start it sounds, even if you did wheel your own luggage aboard (much quicker than waiting for delivery...)

Enjoy sail away...

bon voyage

• Like 4

Another side note - maybe I’m biased but I just love Summit.  Went on Edge in January and while it’s lovely, there truly is something to be said for this class of ship. This is our 3rd trip on Summit!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AmCam said:

Lunch (well dessert and a nice cocktail ha ha) in Luminae - don’t want to hijack your thread OP but also didn’t want to start another thread on this trip (or should I?).  Taking pics for anyone who wants to follow along.

You will love Luminae--great staff!  Give my regards to Lobo, Vikas, Yuda, and Emmy.  I'll bet they're missing fighting over who gets to drive my scooter!

• Like 1

Have an amazing time.  Don't waste a moment. . . . .sleeping can wait for home.  And FYI - If you see an appetizer on the menu you like, ORDER TWO! (Trust me, it's OK).

Tomorrow my wife and I (I married better than she did) fly to Miami and board the Silhouette Monday to celebrate 38 years of my good fortune.  🥰

Edited by Wolf 8
  • Like 5