online booking issues with X

horseymike

I was trying to book a cruise online today with celebrity. At the point where Credit Card info is entered , I got some red letters and numbers that seem to be some

type of error message and was unable to finish the booking . Anyone else ?

I ran into the same issue when I booked through air Canada vacations. I ended up booking three cruises! Check your credit card to see if your deposit went through, also check to see if the cabin you selected is gone if it is then most likely your reservation has gone through, and also check your celebrity account. The CC charge and the info on my celebrity account didn’t show up til the next day. But the cabin not being available I noticed right away. 

Had the same thing happen on cyber Monday. Tried to help friends book their very first cruise, for their 50th anniversary 

When booking, we got a grey screen and the spring wheel. 10 minutes and nothing, so we did the old shut down and restart (couldn’t get out of the screen), did it again, same thing. This time waited 20 minutes and finally went thru. Now lo and behold, they have 2 cruises booked. Had to call Celebrity, 2 hours later, they cancelled the 1st one but now they won’t get the 2nd $500 deposit back for 6-8 weeks. Extremely poor service from Celebrity, should never have happened in the first place and then keep their deposit for 2 months…..pretty crappy. 
And before anyone jumps in and says it’s the Cc company’s fault…..Bullsh$t!

spoke with the Cc company and they said that was Celebrity’s policy.

So to continue, they paid in full while fixing the first problem. Next day, received a bill from Celebrity for $245……wth? So, another 2 hours to find out they still bill you for tips then reverse it,

again, very poor customer service.

Tried to act as a brand ambassador for Celebrity and talked them into using Celebrity. Guess how they feel now!

Trying to make final payment right now and it doesn't appear to be going through. Sunday 12/2/22  10:40am EST

Funny but right after I posted this, maybe 10 minutes after attempting to pay, I received an email from Celebrity reminding me my final payment is due tomorrow.

Edited by industrious95

Yesterday, same day as OP,  I paid my balance due online. After I entered my Credit card number, I  got the Celebrity Crest Spinning Wheel of Exasperation. I waited, thinking since it was a large amount, that they were waiting for it to process. Waited and waited. Some little voice in my head told me NOT to close it and resubmit payment. I had time to go to my cc website and see that the payment was pending. Still spinning, I checked my email to see that Payment had been confirmed. I was glad I had not closed it and repaid, since it had gone through, and I would have paid twice like the poster above. 

I did a final payment recently which just circled on the website. I didn't try to redo it, I gave 5 mins and checked my credit card and saw the payment went through. 20 mins after that I received an email.

Not great because you're expecting a confirmation page and without it people will make a secondary payment. I just figured with all the glitches with the website I wouldn't do another payment for a while but if you are trying to do a booking you aren't going to wait

3 hours ago, horseymike said:

Obviously some sort of IT glitch.

I would be very curious if someone could explain to me what ”   “ in red letters means to those who are more computer / internet savvy than myself.

&nbsp is HTML code telling the web browser to add a space, but stay on the same line.  What it means in your screen shot is definitely beyond me.  Probably a piece of the page code got cut off between the website and your computer, but I'm just guessing.  Must be sunspots 😀